Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies

Go down 
+2
Shelia
Emily
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:24 am

Another busy day - still behind on my work but not as bad as yesterday so thought I would stop in for a quick howdy.

I'm taking the girls to the grocery store today and maybe sneak them out to lunch without the boys (ha ha!).

I love them being here but I feel so discombobulated with them here - it's taken me a while to remember that it's Wednesday and not Thursday.

I'll check in later - I miss all of you - next week will hopefully be back to normal except Dan is on vacation but that shouldn't matter.

Bye!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:29 am

I miss you Em. Sad

Have fun. You work very hard, you deserve it. For real.

Today was clean outside day. Everything water touches is lime green with pollen but on the plus side it's just beautiful out there.

I love Wednesdays. I always feel a sense of well being on that day. Like the house is clean, no loose ends. I can't explain it. I only have that feeling on Wednesdays.

It is Wednesday right ??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:11 am

Ahhhhhh - is that why the stone outside turns green? I could never figure out where that came from! Now I know.

It's beautiful here today.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:59 am

Been beautiful here today also. They say it's gonna get cooler tonight and then again tomorrow is going to be chance of rain and cloudy all day ...But I like these teasers like today too. We need all the rain we can get but I do like being able to work in the yard on days like today. Getting my flower beds ready to put some flowers in them. The yard grass has jumped the line and growing in the flower beds so I sat out there and pulled out grass until I couldn't pull any more. I dug it and then it came up really easy but I had to sit in a chair and lean over to do it. I can't get on my knees anymore ...I can but I'm afraid I won't be able to get up again if I do. So I sit in a chair
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:00 am

Here too. But I am working. No
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:58 am

hope everyone had a good dayt

it is 71 here right now gorgeous!

I just got done sweeping my back patio of the leaves and crap
joey cooked some chicken out there for dinner.
I havent even eaten yet

I got my floor steamer a few minutes ago. I might open it and check it out but wont use it til tomorrow
I cant wait. I hope it is as good as I am planning on it to be hhaaa
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:55 am

I decided not to get that little Bissell floor vacuum.

Why ??? Because today I discovered my big one works well on bare floors.

I've had that thing for what 5 years and just realized it vacuums bare floors ???

T A R D. Very Happy

I did the bathrooms, living room, dining and kitchen area without attachments. It came out great !!!

I cannot believe how hard I make things. If I had done this from the beginning I'd be much less tired.

I found all kinds of things under the furniture too. My cats had missing toys I found today. Very Happy

Let us know how it works. That's something I would buy.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm getting my new granite countertops next week!!! After eight long years of horrible gray and black formica, I will finally have pretty countertops with an undermount sink and a new tile backsplash.

Yipppeeee dippppeeeee doooooooooooo!

Actually, Dan realized that if we ever decide to sell this house, we will get more with granite countertops. Okay, whatever. As long as he thinks that, then it's all good.

But now I'm going to have to repaint the kitchen.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Pics, Em!!!

I love granite countertops....I dont have them, but I love them!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Good for you Em...You'll enjoy them I know. And you'll get the kitchen painted in no time. Ha ha ha...it only took you a year to talk Dan into getting them . It was about this time last year that we were getting ready to redo the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 pm

I wanna see! I wanna see! bounce
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 pm

I'll take before pictures and after pictures.

Go here and look and tell me which ones you like if you want:
http://granite4lesstx.com/image/tid/9?field_color_value=All&field_level_value=Level+1

I'm leaning towards Cozumel.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:39 pm

I clicked on the link before reading what you like and that's the same one I saw first thing. It all depends on you kitchen color too I think. I wanted my kitchen lighter so I went with the beach sand color and everything else is off white...but I really like that one you've picked. It'll make all the difference in the world in your kitchen too. You're gonna love it.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Awesome, I think you picked well. I dig the name uba tuba tho.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Debu wrote:
Awesome, I think you picked well. I dig the name uba tuba tho.

I thought that was a funny name.

I did find out there is some granite that costs $400 per square foot - can you believe that? We have 40 square foot - that would only cost $16,000.00. Ours is $40.00 per square foot.

My only concern is Dan has insisted that he will do the plumbing and installation of the sink. He's taking next week off to do this. I anticipate lots of &*)((^(&^(&* next week. I'd rather just pay the $150 to have it installed.

Men.

silent scratch bom
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:53 am

Thankfully plumbing is one of the things Russell doesn't think he can do...I just have always felt like when I was having something big like that done that I'd rather pay them to do it than have to deal with all the cussing and carrying on from Russell. Too it's guaranteed that way...Russell can replace that wax seal under the commode but that's about all he'll even attempt to do now. He can paint but I don't call it very good painting...he just slaps paint on and messes up everything in the path where he's painting. He tries to get everything done yesterday and with painting especially with the oil based paint we used in the kitchen you can't do it that way.
You're gonna love your new kitchen when you get it done. Ours is two years old and I still love it even tho it's not granite...our kitchen isn't big enough to have granite in it I don't think. We got the corian but I love it cause it looks like it's name ...beach sand...and it's easy to clean.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:14 am

I like the cozumel too

and the portofino gold

I laughed when I read UBA TUBA LOL
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:42 am

VERY VERY nice. I have desert brown. I like it because it doesn't show dirt but I didn't pick it, Mike did.

Take pictures !!!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:20 am

I like the San Gabriel Black. I'd get the Blue Night if it was gonna be my home 4ever, though.

Nice Emily, are the cabinets next? lol!

I thought you just painted.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:35 am

I am the person that would buy uba tuba just because of the name.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:09 am

I'll stick with the cupboards I have - but I may paint them a creamy white color eventually. Unfortunately, when the old countertops are taken out the tile backsplash will be damaged (oh darn!) so that will have to be replaced too but I think I can do that myself. I'll give it a try. The walls are white so I may have to repaint without telling Dan ahead of time. tongue

I do like the black colored granite, too, Rhonda.

I have waited eight years for this.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am

Emily wrote:
I'll stick with the cupboards I have - but I may paint them a creamy white color eventually. Unfortunately, when the old countertops are taken out the tile backsplash will be damaged (oh darn!) so that will have to be replaced too but I think I can do that myself. I'll give it a try. The walls are white so I may have to repaint without telling Dan ahead of time. tongue

I do like the black colored granite, too, Rhonda.

I have waited eight years for this.

Razz

Then you get the one you really want because you're the one to live with it. My kitchen is so small that a darker color would be like going into a dungeon . But I've seen bigger kitchens with dark or black granite and they're beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Ta Da! Here is the Granite I Picked Today   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:32 am

http://granite4lesstx.com/image/tid/9?page=2&field_color_value=All&field_level_value=Level%201

**sigh** It wouldn't just do the picture - I picked the Portofino.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:00 am

Good choice ..You're gonna like it. I know you can't wait to get it done...
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:22 am

I did see the Uba Tuba and it made me laugh. Rosie picked Portofino, too.

I found a sink, too, and Dan doesn't like it. It's a granite composite sink - I'm sick of stainless steel and it's no more expensive and it looks like it holds up really well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies   Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Afternoon Loverly Ladies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next