Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

good nite Ladies

Go down 
+2
Shelia
Maboe Shortt
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maboe Shortt

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:48 am

Good Nite Girls...gotta get back into some kind of routine. Sheila don't let Ron and Rachelle get to you. They're just trying to use you again. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Good night sweet Mable.

Don't worry, I'll just act like I never saw the emails.

Ya'll keep me updated. I love you
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Good Night Mable, Shelia, Rhonda, Rosie, and Debu!

Our HDTV brokey tonight. That's not going to be cheap.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:36 am

It may not be cheap but you can find a good TV for a good price.

Yeah it sucks but if you got 3-5 years out of your old one it's considered good.

Shop around, the deals are there.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:34 am

I've already been looking - we paid $3500 for the one that just broke four years ago and now we can get the same one for about $1100!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:37 am

OH MY

What a deal !!!!

Snatch that up !!!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:37 am

Shelia wrote:
It may not be cheap but you can find a good TV for a good price.

Yeah it sucks but if you got 3-5 years out of your old one it's considered good.

Shop around, the deals are there.

3 to 5 YEARS! For real? OMG.....

OK Emily, that means mine is fixin' to go...I'll go buy one then you wait a week and the prices will drop by half. Does it everytime.

Jeff is an electronics fruitcake, gotta have a SONY. Hours in Best Buy choosing his TV (after weeks of research even) and we found out before buying that the bulbs, of which there are 3, last about 1000 hrs. His TV is on about 14 hrs a day, every day. Do the math. We've already replaced 1 bulb at $200 a pop....can't be long now.

<<damn, ya'll each posted before I finished!>>
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:49 am

I have a TV in the spare room that's 15 years old and works great.

Jonathan's broke right after we moved here, 11 years old.

My tv in the bedroom is 10 years old.

We've been lucky. The only reason Glenn bought that flat screen monster is because he thought it was cool. monkey

monkey smiley ???
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 am

I have a Vizio from Costco on my desk and that thing is great!

Last year when Dan was putting his RNOC together, he had to buy 15 big screen HDTVs to hang on the bigwall for monitoring, he bought them from Sam's Club. And spent $40,000.00 in one day! He bought the Vizios and he said those TVs have the best pictures and they are on 24/7 and no bulb has burned out yet even though they should have by now.

The $1100 TV that we will buy is a Vizio at Sam's Club. He used to buy strictly Sony stuff, too, but he hated paying the money for it.

He's going to try and fix the broken one. Try being the operative word. He's got a degree in electronics engineering but for some reason he cannot fix a TV or any of the other components - maybe it's because he got his degree in 1982. Wink
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:56 am

I have an old Magnavox that is almost 20 years old that is still working well. We had it in the bedroom so we really didn't watch it very much the last few years. He bought that out here in the living room to use while he fixes the big one.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:17 am

I have a 19 inch tv. I don't know what it's brand is. It was free and I love it. I think it is at least 10-15 years old. I don't even remember where I got it.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:17 am

My oldest one is a Magnavox too. Good stuff.

We got that Vizio at Walmart. The same TV was $300 more at Best Buy.

He loves that thing. It's like living in a movie theater. The picture is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:04 am

Well we still have the regular type of tv. The one Russell uses was given to him by our daughter. It is a 32 in. flat screen. I have a 20 in flat screen Emerson that we got at WalMart for under a $100.00 in here so I can see what I want on tv while doing things on my computer...I call this my nest.... Russell keeps saying he wants one of those giant screen tvs but we don't have a place big enough to watch one of those. `Ours is a typical ranch style house with no great big rooms.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:31 am

Maboe Shortt wrote:
Well we still have the regular type of tv. The one Russell uses was given to him by our daughter. It is a 32 in. flat screen. I have a 20 in flat screen Emerson that we got at WalMart for under a $100.00 in here so I can see what I want on tv while doing things on my computer...I call this my nest.... Russell keeps saying he wants one of those giant screen tvs but we don't have a place big enough to watch one of those. `Ours is a typical ranch style house with no great big rooms.

That's my problem too Mable, I hate sitting across the room to watch Jeff's. I practically sit in the foyer...hall. It's really the sound that bothers me, I have a lot of trouble with surround sound, being half deaf.

I watch a 13" in the dining room/kitchen. Plenty enough for me. We have a 19" in teh bedroom which is where I watch it the most. About an hour at night.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:46 am

Glenn listens to ours on full blast. It's so loud I cannot talk to him while he's watching a movie.

He too is nearly deaf. One ear for sure, the other is getting there.

It hurts my ears to be in the same room with him while he's watching something.

Ours is on the mantel.

NEVER put a TV up there. It's meant to be there but the sound amplifies being up so high.

It's a nightmare for Jon and I.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:19 am

When this house was built, they had the forethought to put in a nice thingie that's inset in the wall that will hold 56" x 38" plus it has shelves and drawers and cupboards in it and it really looks nice. Because it's there, it would look stupid to get one of those TVs that hangs on the wall.

I like having the big screen TV but find that I really don't watch it as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 am

I have seen those thingys before. I think they are really cool, and then you don't have to worry with alot of furniture in the room.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:22 am

Ours is on a base. The mantal was built to put a tv on.

You just know some man thought that was so cool. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 am

I have a JVC 32 in downstairs regular not LCD
and an old Toshiba 25 inch in my room which gets an excellent picture.

Joey just bought a 32 in Sony LCD HDTV for his room and Sony Playstation.

1000 hours? That is hardly nothing. OMG.

I have heard those Visios and Samsung are the best ones for picture quality
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:10 am

I'm gonna tell ya'll what my men's saw.

The picture is so clear in HDTV that one of those cheerleader girls was up in the air, they showed a crotch shot and my nasty men said it looked like she had a wallet full of money.

BWHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 am

Shelia wrote:
I'm gonna tell ya'll what my men's saw.

The picture is so clear in HDTV that one of those cheerleader girls was up in the air, they showed a crotch shot and my nasty men said it looked like she had a wallet full of money.

BWHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Made it easier for Jon to put up with the loudness I'm sure. bwahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:22 am

Funny you should say that.

He's in there watching a game right now.

Probably hoping for a repeat shot.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:24 am

Shelia wrote:
Funny you should say that.

He's in there watching a game right now.

Probably hoping for a repeat shot.
Well seeing it that way is far better for him than in real life...that real life stuff could get him in trouble...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 am

Funny you should say that too. We had THAT conversation this morning.

Are ya'll in my head tonight ????
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 am

Shelia wrote:
Funny you should say that too. We had THAT conversation this morning.

Are ya'll in my head tonight ????

We've ALL been posting each others thoughts lately, have you noticed? SISTAS!

How'd it go with Jonathan's interview?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good nite Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: good nite Ladies   good nite Ladies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good nite Ladies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next