Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Okay Ladies, I need some help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Okay Ladies, I need some help Empty
PostSubject: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 pm

I need to find some diet snacks that are good but are low calorie/low fat/low sugar.

After a few months of salads and yogurt you start wanting something different to try.

I love the yogurt it's the salads I'm tired of.

I'd appreciate knowing anything you all have tried and liked.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Do you like refried beans? I have been eating tortilla chips with Frito Lay bean dip for a snack at night and sometimes during the day. I have to go easy on it but it's really high in protein and fiber and it fills me up. I sometimes heat it up in the microwave with a litle bit of shredded cheese melted on top but I have to go easy on that, too.

We are also getting some really good blueberries around these days. I could eat those nonstop.

It's a little pricey but I have also tried the Special K protein bars - those are actually very good. They are about 180 calories each and they have a little bit of chocolate on them but they are good.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 pm

I keep the Fito Lay 100 calorie packages of salty treats ...buy them by the big box of 30 at Sams. Yesterday I got a box that had Cheetos . white cheese popcorn and sun chips. Those are three distinctly different flavors. I also use the laughing cow cheese ...get that at Sams too...I find the 100 calorie pkg. snax are better to have around than the big bag of any of them. Then there is the Campbells soup at hand...We got on the mini chicken noodles and chicken and stars...the stars were only 70 calories a can and the noodles are80 cal. a can. They're kinda pricey too but we just told ourselves we're worth it. We have had that with a sandwich and it's very filling. We also eat a turkey sub every day for lunch. We're counting points so the sub is 5 points and the soup is 1 point a can...the snax are 2 points per bag...
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm

Sheila, you need to get eating something else so you can enjoy a REAL salad when the good stuff comes in! I eat the 100 calorie packs. Sandwiches can be good as long as you eat good bread and lighter meats, like turkey or ham. Do what my mom does: she makes 1/2 a sammie, and eats it with fresh veggies, or soup. I have some Campbells Healthy Request soups here at work. Veggie ones mostly, and they aren't bad in a pinch. You can also make your own in the slow cooker, which I do, and freeze indvidual parts to thaw for dinners.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:54 am

Really good stuff, tanks !!!

I now eat 100% whole wheat no sugar bread. I like it better than white. Teaspoon of peanut butter and grape jelly I'm good to go. Low in calories, I love peanut butter.

Glenn said if I came up with a list it didn't matter what it cost as long as I like it and eat it. I hate waste.

Thanks, for real. I'm gonna add the suggestions to my list. I like the variety.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:28 am

We also buy the burpless cukes and red peppers and sweet onions at Sams. To go along with our subway I cut up half onion and half of one of the peppers and cukes and we eat those along with the sandwich...Sams is the closest to real we're able to get here right now...Something else we keep is the chopped slaw/cabbage mix...for slaw I just put some ranch dressing on it...then if we want something hot I sautee it in some olive oil with garlic...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 am

OH MY that sounds good.

I felt my mouth water reading it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:01 am

I like those 100 calorie packs but I can't stop at one.

Another one I thought of - grapes. Put them in the freezer and eat them frozen. They are yummy.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:08 am

I'm at a disadvantage with grapes. I hate them. I know, I've been told I'm crazy.

I just made a big list and the boys are off to get what I'd like.

They left me with a dirty kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:53 am

I just thought of something else that takes care of my sweet tooth and chocolate tooth too...I get the sugar free puddings ...I like the refrigerated ones. I just had a chocolate vanilla swirl one . They're only one point WW so I keep them on hand too.
Enjoy your things on your list ...
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 am

I like the tapioca. YUM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay Ladies, I need some help   Okay Ladies, I need some help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay Ladies, I need some help
Page 1 of 1