Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today Empty
PostSubject: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 am

Sunny and chilly. I love it.

My day started out overbaking my first batch of chocolate chip cookies. Tried a new recipe and I don't like it. It's missing something. I never could make a decent chocolate chip cookie.

No one complained, they actually liked them.

Then I cooked, red beans and ham, a pot roast, brown rice and a side of green beans. I've been craving them lately.

Later I have to clean the oven. I made a mess in there a few days ago. I'm enjoying cooking again. I don't know how that happened considering how much I hate to cook.

My peeps are napping, cats too, while pretending to watch football.

That's so funny. I'd nap too but I won't sleep tonight. You know, up all night, snack stay fat. It's an ugly cycle I'm trying to avoid.

Now I'm kinda bored.

OKAY, Glenn's up. Let me go bother him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:03 am

It is pretty here too. I am fixin to go to the sto, and then I am gonna put some sausage and peppers on the stove for slow simmer all day.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:17 am

It has clouded up here like it's going to really do something. My joints feels like it is too. They say next week is gonna be really cold here . I hope so cause we need some good cold weather to kill some germs floating around. I think Wed. the wind chill factor is supposed to be below 0 ...I'll bet my daddy will wear his coat and sweater that day.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:51 am

question for anyone with an electric stove.

Does that coil come out of the oven ???

I can't find my book.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:57 am

Shelia wrote:
question for anyone with an electric stove.

Does that coil come out of the oven ???

I can't find my book.

I don't think so ...the electric ones I had it just lifted up but stayed plugged in. not like the burners.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:01 am

TANKS.

I'm just spot cleaning and I did think it came out like the tops did.

Good thing I didn't yank on it.

Oh and that stuff to clean the top ??? It's fantastic. Shines it up, makes it look brand new.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:04 am

Shelia wrote:
TANKS.

I'm just spot cleaning and I did think it came out like the tops did.

Good thing I didn't yank on it.

Oh and that stuff to clean the top ??? It's fantastic. Shines it up, makes it look brand new.

Do you have that ceramic top? If you do I was watching John and Kate +8 the other night and she was boiling water ..took the top off the pot and set it on the cook top behind the pot and it exploded...Didn't know if you knew it'd do that or not...or if you watched that show or not.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am

Yes I do have one of those. Not my choice, I preferred a gas one but no gas here.

And yes I do watch that show sometimes.

What do you think caused it to break like that ??? Do they know ???
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 am

Shelia wrote:
Yes I do have one of those. Not my choice, I preferred a gas one but no gas here.

And yes I do watch that show sometimes.

What do you think caused it to break like that ??? Do they know
???
I think she said maybe the water on the stove or the hot water on the cool top...I can't remember exactly but they got a new stove for it. She said it scared her ..She's spastic anyway and when she was talking about that thing she really was a spazz...It may be on again Monday night before the new one is on. I saw it again last night on TLC
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 am

I'm gonna try to catch it.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:45 am

Yes, hotwater on cool surface. Also, if you boil water and it overboils on the stove, you will have to clean it with that stuff. WAter leaves the worst marks.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Yeah, I found that out.

I do like how easy to clean it is.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I never had an oven that the element could be removed--it always just had to be lifted.

My new one has a hidden element so I dont have to do that anymore.

I will have to watch out about that water business, Mable. I got your email about it.
Scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Shelia, mine has 2 screws in it....the oven heating element. I have to take the thing out to put a spray cleaner in there. They are way in the back. It's easy to do. My cheap ass wouldn't pay 200 hundred extra for a self clean, I don't mind cleaning it though.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:02 am

hummer wrote:
Shelia, mine has 2 screws in it....the oven heating element. I have to take the thing out to put a spray cleaner in there. They are way in the back. It's easy to do. My cheap ass wouldn't pay 200 hundred extra for a self clean, I don't mind cleaning it though.
Well we got the self cleaning and Russell won't let me use it. He says it gets too hot and uses way too much gas. So he cleans it...That's what I told him when he said we're not using that self cleaning part.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 am

Mine is self cleaning.

I just had some spills I thought I could just spot clean. Those suckers are dried on big time. I know Glenn did it. He's messy when he cooks.

Tanks Hummer, I'm not used to having an electric oven. My gas one I could almost take apart to clean. It was self cleaning too, never used that feature. This one I'm struggling with.

Oh and I'm one that reads someone's broke after using the self cleaning so of course I'm not using it. $200 service call ??? I don't think so.

Although if mine does break before September of this year I can get it fixed or replaced because of our year warranty.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:04 am

Ya know, it's supposed to get bitter cold here Wed.

Might not be a bad time to try out that self cleaning thing. It will keep it warm in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 am

True, but it gets smelly too, if I remember. I don't live in a self cleaning environment anymo.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:01 am

I'd rather clean it MYself. Very Happy

Some people in this house think because you have it you should use it.

I don't. I don't mind doing it the hard way, it's only a few spots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today   It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today
Page 1 of 1