Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It sho is quiet today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet today Empty
PostSubject: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:31 am

That nasty cough won't go away. The steroid shot helped cushion the hacking hard part but the rest keeps hanging on.

I'm now taking claritin D and believe it or not my head and chest feel relief. I only cough in the morning and late at night. You know, the second you lie down

drip

drip

drip

choke

I think I'm mostly tired from coughing all night.

Yesterday was the first time in 5 days I washed my hair. I just didn't have the strength to fight with it nor did I want to go around with a wet head.

I felt much better after all that.

Cooking and housework took a back seat. I have to do laundry because I'm anal about it but the rest went to hell.

Today I caught up on that and I'm ready to cook.

Something strange. When I had fever those few days my face and shoulders were covered in little heat bumps. I can still feel them on my upper arms.

I was bumpy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:23 am

I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. I took my shower and did my hair and put on a little bit of makeup and when I was getting ready to walk out the door, my eyes started burning and watering to the point where I couldn't open my eyes. It was starting to freak me out.

So I went and got a cool washcloth and sat down and put that over my eyes and gently rubbed all the makeup off (not that there was that much) and it took about an hour for my eyes to stop burning.

Weird?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:24 am

I been dropping in, but have been crazy busy at work lately. Look for me tonight, but tomorrow I am helping Tim put insulation in his attic. Woot. And, I am beginning a sinus infection, but I just went to the clinic and got some Keflex. Hopefully I got it in time.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 am

Em: Allergies? Do you wear contacts??
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 am

Em, is it new eye makeup ?? Everytime I open a new mascara it burns. After that it's okay.

I'm telling ya'll something is going around. I don't go out much and I got the flu.

Glenn's probably a carrier but he swears only a few people were sick and he had very limited contact with them, Jonathan wasn't home when I started to feel bad so there.

Deb, have fun this weekend.

I'll never forget when we decided to blow insulation in the attic of our house in Gulfport.

WHAT A MESS !!!

The silent fire alarm went off and the truck showed up. They came around back and scared the living crap out of me. The guy said it was the first time he's ever heard of dust setting off the alarm.

Damn I was shame. I looked like hell too. He was some cute. Very Happy

I am so hungry. I've only eaten crackers since Saturday. I think that claritin makes me feel bloated and kinda yuk in the stomach. Medicine stomach.

Tonight we are having steaks. Simple and quick with little mess.

Ya'll have a nice weekend. Don't show your boobs for Mardi Gras. I do not want to see shots of any of you on the Girls Gone Wild Cougar Edition.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:49 am

It's not nearly as quiet as it was last weekend. I've been on and off today. Had to make a WalMart run then just piddling around here watching a little tv ...crying over one of the shows. I guess that's why I watch those durn soaps to relieve some of that needing to cry tension. Don't really watch ...just have them on and when something peaks my intrest I watch. They had one die off today...and that's always sad to me.
I have my "nest" in our dining room now. I have my computer, my tv and vcr and dvd player and everything right here . And this is where I stay most of the time. So I'll be here tonight too.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 am

"Girls Gone Wild Cougar Edition."
HA!

Dude. I got me some sick. Started with a tingly throat, then sniffles, so I been taking sudafed all week. Today I give up, I have some chest stuff but it isn't in my lungs, so I went to the next door clinic, and caught it. I got some Keflex, and hopefully That will kick it. I am fixin to take a pm med, and pass out.

So, for Lent I decided to give up beer. See, then I would have to go to the gym. And the friggin week before MG I get a 10 day round of antibiotics, which of course means no drinking. So Lent starts early for me this year.

Ain't that a mess?
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:27 pm

sounds like the crud I had not long ago.

Shelia, those bumps might be fever bumps. (at least that is what my mom calls them)

Em--when I hit menopause, my eyes got so dry that I ended up with plugs in the tear ducts! Very common for dry eyes I am told.
So it could be hormones or just plain old allergies. Hopefully it is just some strange thing that wont happen again.
I had to stop wearing makeup for a time, but once I got it under control, I started it again. I use eyedrops like they are going out of style.

everyone rest up and get better!!!

Last edited by Rosie on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cus)
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 pm

haha

check out the last line of my above post.
I edited my post cus I typed some words wrong and wanted to change them

I saw this thing that said "reason for edit" and I wanted to see what it would say.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I don't know about my eyes but I don't think I'll be wearing make up for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Deb, that's how it started over here. Glenn is now infected, Jonathan has it in his head.

I pray you do not get the cough.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Shelia get yourself some mucinex...the original... it works great.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:37 pm

I started with a little crazy in my chest yesterday, which is why I went to the doctor yesterday. I am glad I got those antibiotics. 500mg of Keflex goes a long way. I broke my fever about 3 am last night, and am feeling a bit clearer. Not better, but I don't have all the pressure I had yesterday. My chest is ALOT clearer today. I am gonna take it easy this weekend, just gonna go over and help Tim and his buddy Paul blow insulation in his attic. All I have to do is turn a switch on and off. Tim and I just talked, he wants Paul and his wife for dinner, lord help me. He knows I am not feeling well, but there is a good chance Paul will be going to jail and he wants to spend some time with him.

Poor boo. Paul is almost 60, has a child that is like 20. Over the years, he has paid child support, but in cash, not check, and of course he kept no records. The ex got in a tizzy, and it looks like he is gonna hafta pay over $100K in arrears and may go to jail. Paul is trying to get his current wifes son to buy his house so they can't seize it, and since Texas is a community property state, there is a good chance they will go after Joan's hard earned pension, as she just retired. They are talking about getting a divorce, so her money is safe.

The whole thing sucks balls if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 am

That's so wrong about his friend Paul! There sure are some stupid ass women out there.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:54 am

Actually, it is 150K and 3 years in jail. He has sold his house to his stepson, and will be leaving the state soon. We are all pretty tore up about it. His wife will be leaving her kids and grandkids, and he is leaving his whole family and his ministry. He was ordained last year.

Sad all round.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 am

It sure is a sad situation...Hope he can go somewhere the state can't get to him. And start over.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:37 am

Oh God Deb that is just wrong.

So damn wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet today   It sho is quiet today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It sho is quiet today
Page 1 of 1