Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question for today

Go down 
+2
Debu
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:37 am

If someone sends you a gift are you then obligated to send them one ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:02 am

Do NOT buy Ron and Rachelle anything.

Does that answer your question?

Sometimes you just have to be a grateful recipient.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 am

BWAHAHAHA !!!!

How did you know ????

She sent me an email that makes me feel oh so guilty.
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 am

What Deb said...You're not obligated to give anyone anything if you don't want to . Put it out of your mind and enjoy your family and new home and first Christmas there then it'll be the first of the year and Ron will have his surgery and maybe she'll go on to live with her old/new boyfriend. flower
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:21 am

Shelia wrote:
BWAHAHAHA !!!!

How did you know ????

She sent me an email that makes me feel oh so guilty.

Don't let her emails make you feel guilty. If you think they're going to work on your emotions then just read the first part then delete it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:47 am

Don't feel guilty Shelia. She's the one who's doing wrong.

Oh oh - what did the e-mail say?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:31 am

Okay. But yes I do feel guilty. Matter of fact I told her I could not find the post office and to please not do what she did last year. Em, you remember that snowglobe pic I accidentally sent you ??? That's what she sent me. Freaky, at the time I had no idea she liked snowglobes too. That's why I told her it was scary how much we think alike. My sister and I were close like that. I'm telling ya'll, she's good at the guilt thing. Gawd, I had blind loyalty.

Hi Shelia
We hope you and Glenn enjoy your Christmas present. I know you have seen it before but it is a collector's edition. We tried to get it for you last year but could not. And Conky is such a good episode. We were really happy we were able to get it this year. Merry Christmas. Sorry there was no card enclosed.

We bought your birthday card during the summer (because it is so funny) but I am late sending you your gift and card for your birthday...I am sorry. I will get your birthday gift to you as soon as I can.

Regardless of all the fighting, and by the way, I am no longer talking about it. You do not need to hear it and I do not want to be a complainer. I prefer to keep things to myself and should never have opened up to you...I am so sorry. Anyway, just so you know, I do love Ron very much and I am worried about his surgery. So worried that it makes me wheepy inside, very sad.

Hadn't heard back from you but I saw you posting. I was uncertain if you were upset with me because of our last conversation. Anyway, I am a good girl and I would never hurt Ron.
I hope this finds you well.
Love, Rachelle xoxoxoxo

I know this is wrong wrong wrong to show you all this email. Man, how many times am I going to say that ??? Notice she hasn't heard back from me ??? Because I'm trying to distance myself from her.

I'm keeping a low profile until after the New Year but I can't ignore her. She's gonna need someone to talk to once Ron has surgery.

I appreciate you all keeping this between us.
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:37 am

Keeping what between us...Have you told us something? Naw...This ain't Vegas but what happens here stays here santa
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:59 am

You're in a bad place right now Shelia, I think I can say for all of us that we understand. It's been very hard for me to just let them go, we've shared so much over the last few years. I can tell myself "it's just the internet" but I'd be lying if I said I don't care. We're a family IMO, with all of the quirks and issues that go with it.

It's really helped a lot that I don't do the SH any more. I don't read the gripes that people have with Ron...I agreed with all but max and KK and Mack. If I'm not a part of the fight then I can deal with him a lot better on JERK's. Rachelle needs some help and it isn't my problem...I tried. I would like to be there for her when he has the surgery, for both of them really. No matter who they are as people it's going to be tough and I would feel less than human if I didn't offer an ear or shoulder (a cyber one).

And we still haven't adressed the Rosie question. I know she was Ron's friend first but do we just leave her? I like her. And I miss grizz's smart ass self....what is UP with him?

I remember that post on the old JERKS Shelia, the one about the kids you knew that were depicted in the movie...was it "Shankshaw Redemption"? And docs response.

I can walk away, for sure, but not until I can do it with a clear conscience. Meaning...when I know Ron makes it through the bypass.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:12 am

Thank all of you. You REALLY understand how hard this is.

I would like to invite Rosie but I don't know what to say. I don't know how close she is to them, if she will tell them or if she would come over. I liked her from day 1.

It's maybe worth a chance if you all want to ask her.

As for the rest, I can't abandon her while all this stuff is about to happen. I'll stay there until it's over and I'm sure he's okay. After that I'm gone.

I feel so much like you do Hummer. The private stuff we all wrote about, the serious and silly, the laughs, the caring. You just can't forget all that. But Rachelle chose to do what she's doing. That part I'm sure of and I can not, will not, have my husband think I'm involved in shady dirty things.

Okay enough of this.

I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. santa
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:27 pm

I would like to invite Rosie but I don't know what to say. I don't know how close she is to them, if she will tell them or if she would come over. I liked her from day 1.

It's maybe worth a chance if you all want to ask her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have really been thinking about this situation with Rosie lately. I like her ...we exchange emails a lot. She's going thru breaking up with Joe again. She said she's ok with it ,well not ok but it's mutual, but still we all know that has to bother her some. Plus her Dad being sick and everything else she does .
She told me this morning in an email that she wasn't going to say anything on the board about it until after the holidays.

I read the jerks boards just about every day but don't post as much as I have in the past. And like every one else I can let it go . I don't read the SH or Kansas sites much anymore. They just kept me irritated with the world . Even Russell said why would you read that stuff when you know it's going to irritate you.
I'll be on and off here today and probably tomorrow too. You all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Russell is having his knee surgery on the 30th so we'll put Daddy in Respite care at the VA for a week and we'll just have a week at home to enjoy alone. ha ha. Two 70+ year old people enjoying time alone. But we can give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:15 am

I say we invite her.

Oh yeah Shorty, ain't nothun' says romance like a husband recovering from knee surgery. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:01 am

Shelia wrote:
I say we invite her.

Oh yeah Shorty, ain't nothun' says romance like a husband recovering from knee surgery. Very Happy

I second that motion.
She may have known them a long time but I don't think she would think we're doing anything wrong if she were told everything like Hummer told it to me on the phone. SHe most likely just knows them from what she's read from them like we all were at one time...
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:25 am

I agree with MabOE (love it!) and Sheila and Rhonda. I think Rosie might need a place, to well, just be. If she knew all the facts like we do, I don't think there would be an issue. She has alot on her plate right now for sure, not to mention her foot, diabetes, and her house almost burning down. I dare say she might be up against more than the rest of us!

As far as Jerks, well, I drop in when I can. And say a bit one way and another, but I am trying to dissasociate myself from there, which is easy to do, given I use work as my excuse.

Do I need to get Tim to get some knee surgery??? lol!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:58 am

I think we should invite Rosie. She's a sweetie. You never know, she might feel the same way we do about Ron and Rachelle but just doesn't have anyone to say it to.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:54 am

Okay, anybody want to do it or should I ?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:25 am

I vote you, Shelia. You have a way with words and a way of explaining things, and I mean that.
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:52 am

Emily wrote:
I vote you, Shelia. You have a way with words and a way of explaining things, and I mean that.

I vote Shelia too. You always seem to know what to say in every situation. Hummer and I talked about it and she was good explaining from the heart. I guess because we met in Oct. that made it easier for her to discuss the change with me but she was good at it too. Maybe both of you could approach Rosie.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:01 am

uhhh... affraid

I actually was gonna suggest that we don't say anything for a bit. We are still posting over there and she seems to be okay with us not being there so much right now. She does have a whole lot going on in her life right now, I wouldn't want to add to her stress.

Can I think about it a bit?

I do want her friendship but I'm still not sure how we're planning on exiting JERKS.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:51 am

hummer wrote:
uhhh... affraid

I actually was gonna suggest that we don't say anything for a bit. We are still posting over there and she seems to be okay with us not being there so much right now. She does have a whole lot going on in her life right now, I wouldn't want to add to her stress.

Can I think about it a bit?

I do want her friendship but I'm still not sure how we're planning on exiting JERKS.

You're right Hummer she does have a lot going on right now. And she is still posting on the jerks board some...she did say she was going to wait until after the holidays to post anything about her and Joe. So when she does everybody can be surprised. I just spent about an hour emailing back and forth with her. She needed to talk a bit and I let her talk all she wanted to. She was getting ready to go let Joey open one package tonight. Said he's bugging her to open just one. santa
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:18 pm

Maboe, you are an awesome lady.

let's just wait. We will figure out what to do soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:10 am

Debu wrote:
Maboe, you are an awesome lady.

let's just wait. We will figure out what to do soon enough.

Thanks Debu..
I will continue to email back and forth with her in the evenings when she's online and later on will try to feel her out on her feelings about Ron and Rachelle and we'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:42 am

whatever ya'll decide is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for today   Question for today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for today
Page 1 of 1