Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guess what I did today?

Go down 
+2
Maboe Shortt
hummer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

Guess what I did today? Empty
PostSubject: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:00 am

Spent 2 hours in the ER!

I was driving to Pamela's house and all of a sudden I got this pain in the side of my head like a headache, then I felt dizzy and antsy...just weird feeling. I felt a sharp pain in my neck too. I called Pam and asked her to meet me for lunch before we did our Saturday thing because I thought I needed to eat something (low glucose?). Anyway, I look in the rearview mirror and the right side of my face was droopy! Turned my van around and drove right to the ER. They did an EKG and CT of my brain and didn't find any clots but by the time I got there I could tell it was a mini-stroke...my face on the right side was tingley and my lip was numb. Scared the HELL out of me.

I have script for blood thinners but I think I'll wait until they check this out more thoroughly.

I have to start the doc rounds Monday and I am not a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:32 am

Damb...Rhonda...every one I hear from today has this. You and my cousin in Ga. called me today and she'd had a stroke back in Sept. No one down there thought to let me know about it. but then none of her kids knows me so I can understand that. She thinks she's gonna be ok...she's had the artery surgeries on both sides.
I'm glad you found that as quickly as you did and hopefully it won't go any further. Prayers going your way for sure... I love you
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:37 am

Maboe Shortt wrote:
Damb...Rhonda...every one I hear from today has this. You and my cousin in Ga. called me today and she'd had a stroke back in Sept. No one down there thought to let me know about it. but then none of her kids knows me so I can understand that. She thinks she's gonna be ok...she's had the artery surgeries on both sides.
I'm glad you found that as quickly as you did and hopefully it won't go any further. Prayers going your way for sure... I love you

Crazy huh? I hope your cousin does well. I've kinda been expecting this being a smoker and having low bp. I guess we wait. Not too worried about it, just not looking forward to all the BS tests.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 am

O M G

Are you all right ????

My sister has Bell's Palsy. Her lips tingle and her face droops on her right side. It started suddenly and comes on without any warning in some cases.
She claimed her's started with neck/ear pain.

Check this out :

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/

When I read what you wrote that's the first thing I thought of.

Try not to panic, relax the rest of the weekend and stay close to home if you can.

When you go to the Dr., let us know.

I'm hoping it's that and only that. My sister was very scared when it happened. I felt so sorry for her.

Call if you need. For real. I know I'm far away but I can listen. I love you
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 am

My sister thought she was having a full blown stroke when it happened.

Her eye was nearly closed, her mouth was all screwed up, her whole right side looked melted.

She had us take pictures. It happened right after her first grandchild was born.

Series, let us know. That is very scary. I love you
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 am

She had just gone in and found her husband dead in the bed in June. Then this happened to her in Sept. She said her arteries were 90% and 85% clogged. She isn't a smoker but I think it's in the genes from both her parents. Her daddy and mine were brothers...but her daddy lived to be 92 ..
You take care of yourself ...we don't want anything happening to our buds on here.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:46 am

((HUMMS))

My God..I am so glad you went straight to the ER.

Bells Palsy was the first thing I thought of too.

A neighbor girl had it when I was growing up and it just sounds so similar as to how it happened with her.

Mable I hope your cousin is ok.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:55 am

Gawd Mable.

Hummer, take those blood thinners. It won't hurt you, just make you feel cold.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 am

Shelia wrote:
Gawd Mable.

Hummer, take those blood thinners. It won't hurt you, just make you feel cold.

Will do! I'm scared of dying in my sleep or finding Jeff dead in his recliner. The thought of sudden death makes me queasy. When it's my time, take me fast but not THAT fast. How awful for your cousin Mable. Hope her children are close and that she doesn't have to be alone. How sad.

Thanks for the link, Shelia. I hadn't thought of that. I tend to think TIA's though (that's what they're calling it at this point) because it went away within an hour. I've been having these twinges in my neck for a while and irregular thumping in my heart, like flopping ya know? Either thing, clogged arteries or irregular heartbeats, can cause a stroke. I'm kinda pissed really, it felt good to say "I take no meds, no cancer, no HBP, no diabetes, no heart disease" no no no! I'm healthy. I've been blessed. Oh well.

How are YOU doing Rosie? You've had a heckofa change health wise with the diabetes. Managing it okay?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 am

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) Rhonda..........

Are you feeling okay tonight?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 am

Rhonda! ((hugs!!))

Please keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:32 am

how are you today Humms??

I am doing ok....my sugars are really good. I am getting the hang of it what will jack it up for me in the AM
the diet really isnt all that bad. I have noticed that when I sneak something forbidden, that I tend to get nauseous a bit.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:12 am

Rosie wrote:
how are you today Humms??

I'm good. Don't hurt any where or anything....it's probably nothing. Just scary.

I am doing ok....my sugars are really good. I am getting the hang of it what will jack it up for me in the AM
the diet really isnt all that bad. I have noticed that when I sneak something forbidden, that I tend to get nauseous a bit.

Good for you! Diabetes can be a bitch, I'm glad you're managing it well. That's the hard part, learning how to to read the signs and adjust accordingly. You take care of yourself ya hear?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:15 am

Are you okay today Hummer ???

I tried to get on here but the reply didn't work. Mad

I thought about you all day.

And Rosie, take care girl. I know how you feel trying to sneak what you shouldn't have.

Different reason, same want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:45 am

Shelia wrote:
Are you okay today Hummer ???

I tried to get on here but the reply didn't work. Mad

I thought about you all day.

And Rosie, take care girl. I know how you feel trying to sneak what you shouldn't have.

Different reason, same want. Very Happy

I'm good! I still feel not quite right in the head but it's probably psychological. I am getting older and not supposed to remember little things, right? ha ha...now I have an excuse!

I have an appointment tomorrow with my family doctor....sucks 'cause I have to drive to work. And it's a waste of time, just order the tests and I'll see him when it's done. Oh, and I got my reports from the CT and x-ray they did Sat....it says LEFT facial droop. It wasn't LEFT it was RIGHT. I hate stupid people.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 am

Good Lawd.

I hope everything works out okay.

I hope it's nothing serious although what happened was serious.

Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:55 am

Yes, please do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I did today?   Guess what I did today? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what I did today?
Page 1 of 1