Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It sho is quiet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:55 am

on the Jerk forum.

I haven't heard from her since Christmas morning.

I almost deleted my link that day but decided to wait until Ron makes it through his surgery.

Do ya'll know she wanted me to go and stay with her the whole week he's going to be in the hospital ???

No
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:25 am

I hope you told her you won't be able to do that. How far are you from Gulfport now? Don't make yourself feel guilty about not being able to go either. You'd probably be the next one in the hospital if you did that.
I have noticed how quiet it is on the jerks board too. Even Ron isn't posting much . He has changed his name again on the SH so he must have gotten gonged again . MrModerate and Jackson are really gunning for him lately.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:02 am

Come on Shelia - don't you think it would be fun to go and stay with someone you've never met for several days AND nights? It would be like a slumber party. You could wear footy pajamas, curl each other's hair, and try out different makeup. Gosh, maybe you could even call boys and hang up and giggle.

Yeah, no.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:11 am

No I won't go. Glenn would not allow that. If something bad were to happen yeah, I'd go see about her but not just go visit.

It's a 7 hour drive.

I just checked in again, it's dead.

Is your husband ready for his knee surgery ??

We're veteran knee people here.

I'm trying to talk Glenn into getting his knee scoped again. It's red and swollen, he's cripping all over the house. He keeps giving me all kinds of excuses.

I figure when it finally locks up he'll go. He needs a new one.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:18 am

Emily

I swear you silly cuss !!!

NO WAY !!!

She would LOVE it.

It's funny. We made jokes about that stuff. She would say it to piss Ron off and I would just be laughing egging her on.

Now I don't find it so funny.

Something else, she was very juvenile. All that baby talk made me uncomfortable. Grown people shouldn't talk like that. Makes me think they aren't right in the head.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Something else, she was very juvenile. All that baby talk made me uncomfortable. Grown people shouldn't talk like that. Makes me think they aren't right in the head.[/quote]

Makes me think the same thing. Or maybe she's drunk or high or both.

Russell is ready for his knee surgery and I am too. Daddy goes into Respite care at the VA Monday and then Russell goes in early Tuesday morning...he comes home later that day tho. He has a torn miniscus. The other one was fixed last March.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Something else, she was very juvenile. All that baby talk made me uncomfortable. Grown people shouldn't talk like that. Makes me think they aren't right in the head.[/quote]

Makes me think the same thing. Or maybe she's drunk or high or both.

Russell is ready for his knee surgery and I am too. Daddy goes into Respite care at the VA Monday and then Russell goes in early Tuesday morning...he comes home later that day tho. He has a torn miniscus. The other one was fixed last March.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:44 am

I can't imagine anything more un-fun than going and spending time in a trailer with Rachelle. That would also make you her chaffeuer, too. Some people just don't like to be alone. Me - I love my alone time.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:36 am

I'm trying to talk Glenn into getting his knee scoped again. It's red and swollen, he's cripping all over the house. He keeps giving me all kinds of excuses.

I figure when it finally locks up he'll go. He needs a new one.[/quote]

When it gets to the place he can't walk anymore he'll get it done. He must have a high pain tolerance. Russell doesn't and neither does my Dad. Daddy hollers about the shower water ...it's either too cold or too hot...never can get it just right...open the closet door while he's in there and he hollers about that.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:41 am

Emily wrote:
I can't imagine anything more un-fun than going and spending time in a trailer with Rachelle. That would also make you her chaffeuer, too. Some people just don't like to be alone. Me - I love my alone time.

I like my alone time too. I'm looking forward to having Daddy out of the house next week and Russell slowed down some .
When I was emailing Rosie last week she said she loves her alone time too. She said that was one of the problems between Joe and her ...he's a socialite and she's more of a hermit. The more we emailed the more we found out we're a lot alike.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:57 am

Hey peeps, dropping in for a quickie. Got some kinda bug that started on Christmas day. I am on the tail endo of it, it has settled into my lungs for a wee cough. Gonna spend the day lounging on the sofa. No internets either.

Will see ya on tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:11 am

I'm fortunate because Dan is not sociable and I'm not anymore, either.

I used to be too sociable - I always had to be doing something or going somewhere but I finally realized that being "out there" isn't always that much fun.

I'm getting the real itch to move back to Indiana but I don't think that will happen for a long time. Because of the stock prices and the economy, Dan really cannot think about leaving Time Warner yet because he would miss out on stock gains and I don't think he could really find a job really anywhere that pays what he makes here. The unemployment in Indiana - at least Elkhart County where Chris lives - is at 12.4%. Elkhart is the RV capital of the world and we know how well those things are selling right now - a lot of the plants have closed down and that area is a lot worse off than even Detroit, believe it or not. Dan really doesn't want to move back to Indiana because he hates the snow - I guess for me it's just because of the holidays and missing seeing Chris this year.

With my luck, we'd move back to Indiana and Chris would get a job in Texas. Crying or Very sad

So I think we'll be staying here for a long while yet unless Dan gets transferred by Time Warner but he feels his job is about as secure here as anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:30 am

Debu wrote:
Hey peeps, dropping in for a quickie. Got some kinda bug that started on Christmas day. I am on the tail endo of it, it has settled into my lungs for a wee cough. Gonna spend the day lounging on the sofa. No internets either.

Will see ya on tomorrow!

Well you need to really rest because you don't need to end up in the hospital like your Mom. flower
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:54 am

NO worries, this is just that cold thingy that has been moving along. I am being careful tho.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Yep Deb, there are some NASTY bugs going around. Rest it does a body good.

There is no way I'd go stay with a stranger just to stay. Now if any of you were sick and alone and needed someone oh yeah, if I'm asked I would go. IF I'm asked.

But these are not the same circumstances. Like when she wanted to come to Clinton. I didn't know what to say. She wanted to help me pack. For a week. Suspect

Then when she asked if she could take a bus here to help me unpack. She put me in a bad spot. She kept saying she needed to get away. I finally had to tell her no.

Now for the hurricanes I did invite them to come but Ron said no. I ain't leaving ANYONE in harm's way.

I'm not exactly a social butterfly either. My kids got Glenn's people person gene thank God. I'm alone, like my aloneness and really that's who I am. I do like to pass a good time though with friends. Laughing

Sometimes you can't joke with Rachelle. She takes everything as real. If I said we'd have one cool ass slumber party if we all got together she'd want to know when and where. She never saw it for humor. I don't know. I'm still shocked about what all went on.

Anyway to answer Shorty, Glenn is a big baby. He can't take pain pills because he says I do things to him when he's on them like take his picture, walk funny behind him, slur words like he does and just all around pick on him. We laugh. His tolerance for pain is high because he's learned over the years how to manage it on ibuprofen alone. That knee looks like hell right now and it's giving him much distress. All I do is give him that I feel for you look. He needs to go have it cleaned again.

I feel like I'm his mother sometimes.

I'll keep Deb and Russell in my thoughts. Hoping for a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Don't be wasting a prayer on me missy......Am already feeling better thanks to two days on a sofa and Mucinex. At work today, gonna keep it lowkey. Feeling better being away from Tim's house. My dog affects my asthma, which is why when he stays with me, I am a vacumming fool. This boy has NOT vacumned in months. It is worse around lots of hair.

grrrrrrrrr.......
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 am

Are you really feeling better ??

I cleaned like a demon today. My house smells like a lavender flower.

Talk about animal hair. GOOD LAWD. I had enough from 2 vacuums to make another cat. That could be why I have breathing problems.

I just can't get rid of them. I love my bad eggs like they were children. Everything I do I do with them in mind. It's hopeless. We just don't wear black. Very Happy

I hope you feel better Deb.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:11 am

I feel better. Really. I had some kind of sick, and the dog exacerbated it. It wasn't the dogs fault, it is the person who lives in that house that hasn't fixed the vacumn yet's fault. I tell ya, I could knit 3 of my dog. And he weighs 75 lbs!

I am gonna keep on the Mucinex, and take it easy for the next few. Gotta go back over there for NYE. Something WILL be done about all that hair soon enough. Mark my words.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:32 am

Aside from wearing duct tape sticky side out I'm afraid you won't get all the hair.

I tell eveyone that visits we have cats, we have hair and we'll do our best to make sure we don't serve you hairy food. Very Happy

I'm reading on various sites about an intestinal bug being passed to each family member. Looks like no one is immune.

Take care of youreself. That old dog hair ain't going no where.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 am

I am. I will be in my house for the next two nights. The ONLY thing I am allergic to, from an asthma standpoint is dogs. Me and my dog have an understanding, I vacumn like crazy and he doesn't get on furniture and we are good. Tim doesn't vacumn. all that hair and dander make me cough on a good day, not just when I am feeling poorly.

That intestinal bug? yeah. We have had it here. It ain't fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It sho is quiet Empty
PostSubject: Re: It sho is quiet   It sho is quiet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It sho is quiet
Page 1 of 1