Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. Empty
PostSubject: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 am

Get a crock pot.

Get a pork loin roast

Put it in Crock Pot.

Pour 1 big honking can of stewed tomatos, and 1 regular size can diced tomatos on top.

Put some tarragon and pepper on top and cook on low for 8 hours. (I cook the first hour on high if it is on the weekend to get the temp up there)

After 8 hours, get a fork and shred the bejeezus out of it.

Served with rice or mashed taters.

Good for you and cheap too!

Tim and I have enough for each of us to have 3 more meals from it.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 am

OMG OMG OMG

I have every ingredient !!!!

TANKS !!!!

We will have that Tuesday. It's my big cleaning day.

It will work out perfect !!!

Gawd I'm tickled. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 am

Tim made up the recipe, and it is one of our staples. I got tired of it, after a while, so we hadn't made it. I made it tonight and realized I missed it.

With a pretty big pork roast, I had Tim take it out and put it in the fridge to thaw Friday night, and I made it today. It was still a little icy in the middle, so make sure you remove it soon if you want to have it for Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 am

that sounds like it might be good with some refried beans wrapped around a tortilla shell.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:38 am

Funny you mention that Rosie. I was thinking about jazzing up the tomato, and use rotel, and green chilies and having a pulled pork taco thingy.

I would love to do one with bbq. But Tim likes smokey bbq, like Texas bbq. I like mine sweet and vinegary like North Carolina, or MS. Man, I miss Anjacs. sigh.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:51 am

Anjacs.

OMG

Glenn took me there when we first went to Gulfport. He said they had the biggest best hamburgers you ever had. Was he right.

I happen to have rotel with green chilies. That should be so good.

I'm taking my loin out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:31 pm

They used to be in a shack, driving back roads from Railroad to the old Rainbow bread place. I can drive there, but I don't know the street names. My g-parents used to host camellia society parties at their house, real la-ti-da affairs. They would get big ole party platters of An-jacs and serve em on their good china. hehe.

They sent my dad bottles of their sauce every year for Christmas till they got too feeble. And my parents divorced when I was in 1st grade!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.   Yum-O.  Easy recipe, and good for you. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yum-O. Easy recipe, and good for you.
Page 1 of 1