Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question for you medic people

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maboe Shortt

Question for you medic people Empty
PostSubject: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:11 am

Can this urinary tract infection that Daddy has cause his body to smell. That smell is on him and everything he touches smells like it. He had an accident during the night and had to be changed. I ended up throwing away his pants because I wouldn't take them to the cleaners smelling like that. His long underwear we washed in clorox and hopefully got rid of the smell in them. But everything they touched smelled.
My first thought when I started smelling this smell was once the Respite care doc said he could very well have prostate cancer. Said he wouldn't put him thru test for it at his age . Then when I said something to his primary care doc she just po pood the idea. I told her I hadn't said anything to Daddy about it and she said we're not keeping things from him and she proceeds to try and tell him about what they thought in Respite care and he had no clue what she was talking about . But right now I just want to know what this smell is coming from ...it smells like he's rotten inside...Even after a shower yesterday morning by the time we went to the doctor appt. he was smelling again.

Last edited by Maboe Shortt on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:18 am

Here you go Mable.

It has links to look into other things too.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007298.htm
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:28 am

Has he had any medication changes lately? I know when I take Mucinex I can barely stand myself. I thought it was the bathrooms I was in, then realized it was me. YIKES!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:31 am

Shelia wrote:
Here you go Mable.

It has links to look into other things too.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007298.htm

Thanks Shelia ...I guess I just have to give the cypro time to work and see if that smell goes away. He has a history of renal failure. I have his records here from Ga. when he was in the hospital in 2005 and that was one of the diagnoses...But he absolutely will not drink water. He gets strangled when he drinks even tho he's been told how to drink. To him it's just too much trouble to drink. Like I said yesterday I think he secretly has a death wish.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:34 am

Debu wrote:
Has he had any medication changes lately? I know when I take Mucinex I can barely stand myself. I thought it was the bathrooms I was in, then realized it was me. YIKES!

He was on Mucinex for a while but hasn't had any in over a month...This smell just started this week or maybe it was just yesterday. I thought it was something else...Russell had thrown orange peelings in the trash can ...but he also uses a urinal out there and I thought it could be that. Then Russell said when he took it to empty that it stunk ...And for Russell to say that it has to smell strong.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:07 am

When you mentioned it yesterday, I was wondering about his urine output.
If he has a history of renal failure, as does my dad, his urine could be highly concentrated esp if he doesnt drink much.
Is it really dark?

My dad will have an odor about him too when his kidney function drops.
The waste isnt being filtered out properly and has to go somewhere.
I assume some of it comes thru the pores as well.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

I posted to this topic 2 times, where did it go?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for you medic people   Question for you medic people I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for you medic people
Page 1 of 1