Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
Emily
Debu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Whatcha doing this weekend? I am headed to Austin for the big bash on Friday, and am staying thru Sunday. Tim and I are riding with a buddy of ours, who is renting a car, so we won't have alot of mobility, but we would love to see you and Dan, if y'all are interested in heading to Austin for lunch on Sat maybe? Let me know!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:44 pm

I don't think we are going to San Antonio this weekend - I'm still grounded because of my Achilles. It's getting better but if I overdo, it aggravates it. **Stupid** Achilles!

Anyway, we could meet for lunch on Saturday - where are you staying?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 pm

The Doubletree on I 35, 5 min from 6th street. I know Tim has plans to visit some of his brewing peeps at their brew pubs, so we will probably end up at one around lunchtime, although Matt (our driver) I think wants to go to Chuy's. I really don't know, but once I do, I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 pm

That sounds like a plan!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:01 am

Well, I wouldn't REALLY call it a plan, per se....but it is the best I have at the time. Do I have all your numbers? I am thinking I just have your home, is that good?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am

Home is fine but here is my cell just in case:

512-745-0339

I had to think about it for a second seeing that I never call myself.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:10 am

Cool beans. BTW, it will probably be a late lunch. I have a feeling we will be up pretty late on Friday. affraid
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 am

Debu wrote:
Cool beans. BTW, it will probably be a late lunch. I have a feeling we will be up pretty late on Friday. affraid

I do turn into a pumpkin at around 2:00 pm. lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:57 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:11 am

I wanna go

waahh!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 am

I think it is gonna be alot of fun. I will be seeing peeps I haven't seen for a while. But, I also think it is gonna be exhausting, so I am really glad I took Monday off too. Smile
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 am

WELL?????

Did you 2 get together or no?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 am

No and I'm very sad - I've been grounded all weekend with my Achilles and my allergies have been acting up to the point where I felt like I had bronchitis. So I just sat at home all weekend and moped around. Then yesterday, I tripped on the rug and I think I broke a toe on my left foot. It is all red and black and blue and swollen. I don't have any pain because it's numb. I am such a klutz.

Sunday was crisis day - Chris and Meagan broke up and she was devastated so I got to hear from both of them.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:25 am

Emily wrote:
No and I'm very sad - I've been grounded all weekend with my Achilles and my allergies have been acting up to the point where I felt like I had bronchitis. So I just sat at home all weekend and moped around. Then yesterday, I tripped on the rug and I think I broke a toe on my left foot. It is all red and black and blue and swollen. I don't have any pain because it's numb. I am such a klutz.

Sunday was crisis day - Chris and Meagan broke up and she was devastated so I got to hear from both of them.

Ok Emily when are you going to have that toe checked?
How do you feel about Chris and Meagan breaking up?

My grandson Chris and the girl he's been dating for 2 years decided to take some time off from each other. He told his Mom that he felt like she was making him her whole life and he wanted her to have other friends.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Mable - I don't wanna go have my toe checked! I figured I'd see how it is tomorrow and then decide whether to go or not. It's a bitch being clumsy. I'm surprised I don't have more broken bones.

How do I feel about Chris and Meagan breaking up? Ehhhh, the easiest answer is to say that I'm horribly upset about it but I'm more upset because I've been where she is before and it's a horrible and helpless feeling.

Chris did break up with her for all the right reasons. Just like your grandson, Meagan's whole life was Chris and he said that she really had no goals in life and was all too willing to just pick up and move wherever he would find a job. She thought that he would be making enough money for the both of them (wrong!!) and her life goal was really to just be a mom and wife and he is nowhere near ready to have a wife or kids.

It sounds like she was just sitting at home (and blowing off her classes) waiting for him and waiting and waiting and texting him asking him when he would be home and I think it just got to be too much for him.

So yeah - it's painful right now but it was probably the best thing for him to do. He didn't act like he was all that much in love with her when they were here and acted more like an old married couple but not in a good way. And actually, it kind of makes me proud of him that he took a stand on what he wants in life and I don't think it's a ball-and-chain sort of woman.

But I still really liked her and she is a sweetie so I think I'm having a hard time just because of how painful I know it must be for her.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 pm

Poor Boo. Breaking up is so hard when you are young. Glad it didn't happen over spring break tho.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 am

I think he knew he was going to do it but I think she was so looking forward to spring break that he decided to wait.

He seemed to be having a hard night last night and I asked him if he was having second thoughts and he adamantly said no so I don't see them really getting back together.

I think he is extremely worried because he's not sure where he is going to end up, or if he will be able to get a job. He applied for a job in Dennison, Texas at a TV station there and I think he's liking the idea of moving back to Texas (and I wouldn't mind that, either).

He also applied for a student graduate assistant job at Minnesota State in Mankado (sounds cold to me) which he is really interested in. I would really like to see him get into some sort of paid internship with a college because he would be able to get his graduate degree for free, he would get some good experience in his field, and since most universities are government-funded, it would be fairly secure. I think he would be great in a sports information job like that.

Ehhh, who knows where he will end up? That's scary for me but maybe exciting for him.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 am

I can't believe I left out this little bit of news.

Last week on Tuesday one of Chris' friends, Sean, from the radio station and the newspaper went to the cemetery in Goshen and shot and killed himself at the grave of a friend whom he was in a car accident with a few years back. Sean survived the car accident and his friend didn't.

Chris said Sean was always happy so he was just shocked. Sean was 27. Sean was actually a friend of Chris, Bill and Bill's wife Staci so it affected them all.

I worked with Sean's grandpa at the clinic I worked at in Elkhart and I remember him being a little guy and he was just the cutest thing.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:51 am

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:16 am

That's terrible. Sometimes these kids hold in their feelings too much . Sounds like he has been holding in his feelings since the death of his friend.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:05 am

That's so sad. His little life had just started. They never think past the moment. Sad

I hope Chris finds what he wants and needs.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 am

I hope he does, too. I thought taking care of an infant was hard - having adult children is harder.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 am

NO SHIT.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1