Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! Empty
PostSubject: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:38 pm

I swear I tried but I can't get the quote box right at the cave.

I could start lots of good threads from the lounge if I could manage that damn box.

One more time please ???
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Sure - stand by!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 pm

1. Open DU in one window and CC in another window . Hit the reply button at the bottom of the thread at CC and leave that reply box open.

2. Go to DU and find the thread you want to copy.

3. Highlight the thread link (the http thingie) from DU, cut and paste into the reply box at CC.

4. Go back to the DU thread and highlight the first entry in the thread to include the dummie name and date along with their comment. Copy and paste that into the reply box at CC.

5. If you look at the editing buttons above the reply box at CC, there is a group of smileys and above that are editing functions . In the row directly above the smileys, the second button from the right is the quote button and has a yellow color to it.

6. In the reply box at CC, highlight the entire dummie comment.

7. Go to the yellow quote button and click on that, making sure everything in the reply box is highlighted.

8. When you are done, it should have the open quote as the first word in the reply box and then the close quote at the very end. If you have your own comment to add that you don’t want in the quote box within the reply box, make sure that comment is outside of the open quote and close quote. Everything between the open quote and close quote will be highlighted in blue. Note the open quote right before the words "DainBramaged" and the close quote at the end of the paragraph.[/list]

The open quote will say quote with the square brackets. The close quote will have the brackets plus a backslash at the beginning of the word quote.

This is how it should look:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4794060

Quote :
DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-08-09 09:36 PM
Original message
Obama Team Asks Congress to Postpone Digital TV Switch
President-elect Barack Obama's transition team today asked key members of Congress to consider delaying the nation's switch to digital television scheduled for Feb. 17, saying there is "insufficient support" for the problems consumers will experience during the shut-off of analog signals. In a letter sent to Capitol Hill this afternoon, and obtained by The Washington Post, the transition team said congressional action is needed. The action would be the "first step" toward helping consumers get ready for the transition to digital television. It also called funds provided to support the conversion "woefully inadequate." The request for a delay comes 41 days before the government-mandated switch to all-digital broadcasts, which requires the nation's full-powered television stations to permanently shut off the traditional analog signals they have used for more than half a century. Analog television sets that rely on "rabbit ear" or rooftop antennas to receive broadcasts will not work unless they are upgraded with a converter box. Consumers who have digital TV sets, or who subscribe to cable or satellite service, will not lose programming.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 am

THANK YOU AGAIN !!!!

I find all of these really good threads but damn I can't quote.

I thought about emailing them to you but that wouldn't be right.

It's all Lounge stuff but I swear it's the best stuff over there.

Thank you.

I'm going in later to give it a shot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:07 am

Good luck - I wish I could figure out how to do screen shots and put the information there but I'm blond.

It's really just a matter of highlighting what you want in the quote box and then clicking on the quote button.

I would love it if you posted stuff because you always find great stuff!

There is a quote box here and it works the same way so you can even practice here if you want.

Like this:

Quote :
I love my girlies.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Oh yeah. I didn't even notice.

Gawd my eyes are failing me. Laughing

I'll practice here.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:41 am

DiverDave (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-08-09 05:30 PM
Original message

My wife got laid off, our car was repossessed

Quote :
And I'm so stressed that I'm getting a twitch in my eye.

The kids are on her insurance the car will cost us 1700 to get out.

I am taking a few days off from work to try and get things back...
I'm waiting for the 3rd thing, as things come in three's.

I was unaware that we were behind on the car, just like I was not told we owed the electric company 1200 till they cut the power off.

Luckily, the wife's work is giving her a good severance package, enough to get the car out, catch up on all the bills and get 2 tires for my car.

I have no one to help me through this, but just typing it out helps.

Man I need some good vibes sent my way, man, do I ever.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:43 am

Checking it out.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8394080

Quote :
DiverDave (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-08-09 06:07 PM
Response to Original message
8. Thanks everyone
I work 50-60 hours a week, I bring home around a grand a week, and I'm STILL broke...I just dont get it.
She isn't wasting it, I know, but I work so hard and can't seem to get ahead.

I'm livin the American dream, bust your ass all the way to the poor house.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:44 am

Quote :
DiverDave (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-08-09 07:35 PM
Response to Reply #10
14. Thanks, she
has a ton of experience in purchasing/expediting, and she can do payroll, the books ( I know, I don't see how that cant crossover to the home finances)

She is good at her job, it's just the company she worked for just wasn't getting any orders.
They make a machine that handles glass by using air rather then rollers, so riding on a cushion of air causes no scratches as apposed to rollers that can.
It really is a pretty cool product, but as no one is buying flat screen T.V.'s or any other thing that needs a perfect glass...well, it'll pick up.
And they have told her she can come back when they restart production.

Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:44 am

Oh, look who showed up

Quote :
merh (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-09-09 02:20 AM
Response to Original message
26. Good vibes being sent your way.
hang in there, I hope things get better and the twitching eye is the 3rd thing.

Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:53 am

See, I don't get these peope.

How do you AND your wife work, bring in that kind of money and still you can't manage ???

How do you get behind on your car note AND the electric bill ??? How do you not know ??? That's about 3 months worth of bills.

RED ALERT Diver Dave, someone is spending money without your knowledge.

You're not taking care of your personal business.

Don't go crying at the DUmp for sympathy when it's your own stupidity that got you where you are.

If I were head of his wife's company, I'd check the books she kept.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:07 am

Shelia wrote:
See, I don't get these peope.

How do you AND your wife work, bring in that kind of money and still you can't manage ???

How do you get behind on your car note AND the electric bill ??? How do you not know ??? That's about 3 months worth of bills.

RED ALERT Diver Dave, someone is spending money without your knowledge.

You're not taking care of your personal business.

Don't go crying at the DUmp for sympathy when it's your own stupidity that got you where you are.

If I were head of his wife's company, I'd check the books she kept.

Just sayin'.
Maybe they did check the books and that's why she lost her job...just never know
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:23 am

Emily, check our what greenbriar did yesterday :

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4792246

Quote :
greenbriar (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-08-09 05:53 PM
Original message

If you had a 13 year old female student burst into tears in your classroom >>> and she told you she was having problems at home and when pressed said she couldn't talk about it it was a secret between her and her dad and she couldn't even tell her mom

would you not be suspicious?

What comes to your mind???

I reported it

and I am fearful for this lovely child.

I want to bring her home to my house

After they decide dad is an abuser she says this:

Quote :
greenbriar (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-08-09 08:18 PM
Response to Reply #75

77. I really don't know

Edited on Thu Jan-08-09 08:19 PM by greenbriar

I think it is out of my hands at this point unless the girl comes to me with more.

I am not to question/interview her or talk with the parents about it

All I can do at this point is pray for this baby girl and offer a shoulder and a voice should she need one

I made her promise to come to me for anything

as I was comforting her, I noticed that she had two severe scars on her wrist

that is what raised my fears even more.

I was sure to point that out to the counselor

LIE !!! This woman lies SO damn much it ain't funny. I doubt any of this happened, she's looking for praise.

Bring her home ???

With that drunk bastard of a husband she has ??? I wouldn't let my kids near her classroom let alone her home !!!

She could ruin someone life with crap like that.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:25 am

See Mable, with the DUmp people it's either two things.

Most of the story is left out or it's all a lie.

YOU have to decide which is which.

They are a forum of victims The Man is out to get.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:01 am

Well look at you go! I can't wait to head over the CC.

Did you see TSS's sad story on CC last night? He has not money - can't even get gas to go for a job interview - yet he almost ODd - pills ain't cheap!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:03 am

But wait! I thought Obama was going to take care of everyone.

You got that right - his wife's spending the money somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:36 am

The Chosen One will make everything right.

The check is in the mail !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!   Emily ????  I NEEDS help !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emily ???? I NEEDS help !!!
Page 1 of 1