Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Off To Doctor Today

Go down 
+2
Maboe Shortt
Emily
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Off To Doctor Today Empty
PostSubject: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm going to see the orthopedist today - for my right Achilles and right hip. It hurts and I'm tired of it hurting.

I will talk to you all later.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Emily wrote:
I'm going to see the orthopedist today - for my right Achilles and right hip. It hurts and I'm tired of it hurting.

I will talk to you all later.

Hope he can do something for you...take care ..let us know what he says...
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 am

Yes, please let me know what is what!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:33 am

I'm home - I have bursitis in my hip and tendinitis in my Achilles. So I need to go to physical therapy which I think is a good idea anyway. I need to learn to walk again.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 am

Em, physical therapy is cool.

Glenn and I had some fun times with the staff each time we went.

Don't let them torture you, remember to laugh.

I hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:44 am

well at least it isnt something serious which would require surgery

Therapy can be fun! I really enjoyed the water therapy that I took on my back. Helped alot.

I have been noticing that sometimes in the morning, when I go to step down on the steps to go downstairs, that my left hip gives out and I almost fall.

I am scared to death I am going to fall down the steps and break my neck.

It doesnt happen every day. It also happened once as I was getting out of the car.

I hope this isnt going to become a "thing" Sad
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:48 am

Be careful Rosie - I remember a time when I could run up and down the steps without worrying - now I walk like a little old lady.

My Wii fit says I'm unbalanced. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 am

I usually fly up and down the steps but not anymore. Sometimes I forget though.

My Wii things says I am unbalanced too! LOL
(I wonder if they mean body or mind hee hee)
I forgot to tell you--my son got a game called Summer Sports-Paradise Island and it is great!
We play badminton and volleyball and it really kicks our butt! Esp the badminton

It is also has croquet, horseshoes, basketball, mini golf and lawn darts.

They are all fun but only a couple give a really good workout
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:26 am

Emily wrote:
I'm home - I have bursitis in my hip and tendinitis in my Achilles. So I need to go to physical therapy which I think is a good idea anyway. I need to learn to walk again.

Will therapy help bursitis? Seems like motion would make it worse....take it easy.

Too many peeps I know are getting hip replacement. PEOPLE MY AGE !!!!

Do you think it's 'cause we can or are we just ruining our joints at earlier ages? Like with WII's !!!

Had to add that 'cause I'm jealous... lol!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:50 am

Grandma here says it's just the age everybody is now...I turned 40 and started falling apart. We were in the woods cutting wood and I was walking along and stepped in a hole I didn't know was there ...caused problems with my back and things have gone down hill since.

Last edited by Maboe Shortt on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:38 am

I've had this hip pain for so long so they referred to it as chronic bursitis. I didn't think about the fact that with bursitis I probably shouldn't be moving around too much.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:28 am

I am pretty sure that I have bursitis in my shoulder, and have for years. I got a chair massage the other day, and it was the best money spent.

Speaking of walking, I am seriously considering doing the 3-day walk for the Cure in November. 3 days, 20 miles each day. Figured it would give me a goal, and then I would be motivated.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 am

Debu wrote:
I am pretty sure that I have bursitis in my shoulder, and have for years. I got a chair massage the other day, and it was the best money spent.

Speaking of walking, I am seriously considering doing the 3-day walk for the Cure in November. 3 days, 20 miles each day. Figured it would give me a goal, and then I would be motivated.

Do you walk now? That's a long way to walk in one day. What are you walking on ...is it 20 miles on a road or sidewalk or track. Either way that's something you have time to work up to . Back before my ankles started their little tricks I walked every day two and half in the morning and evening too. Walked it at a pretty fast clip too but now it's all I can do to walk around in the house.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:58 am

Well, yeah, I do walk, but not like WALK-walk. I figure I have 8 months to get it together. I believe it is on streets, we are walking to somewhere, and we camp out every night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off To Doctor Today   Off To Doctor Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off To Doctor Today
Page 1 of 1