Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Weather

Go down 
+2
Emily
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:18 am

Hot juicy wind blowing here today. It's too warm. Crickets all over, those big goofy flying skeeters. I laugh. If they get in the house my cats go crazy. That Busta cat loves to eat them.

Rain on the horizen and a cold snap wrapped in it.

Last night was the second night I put on the air conditioner. It feels muggy and my legs ache.

Anybody think this will be our last cold snap ???
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:25 am

I bet it will be our last cold snap - unfortunately. We are supposed to have some cold days in the next week and Chris and friends are coming here. So much for warm weather for spring break.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:05 am

So Em, what's the plan for when the kids come ??
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 am

South by Southwest is going on (it's a big music/film festival held every year in Austin) so I think they are going to be hanging out around there most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 am

That sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 am

HAHA

your cold snap is our heat wave!

It is 50 right now but rained all day so it was very chilly and damp
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:00 am

Well we had that cold wind to blow back in here today. We went to Sams this morning and it's out near the airport...it's always windy out there. It was cool when we left home but when we got to Sams it was cold...and I could have sworn I saw some white stuff floating around...By the time we got back home it was warmer here but it really cooled off a lot. Tonight I'm sitting here with a sweat shirt on trying to stay warm.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:27 am

Heads up Sheila, we got T-storms, and gonna hit a cold front tonight. Highs in the 50s, lows in the 30-40's for the next few days with wind and rain. YAY!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Tanks Deb !!!

It's 75 degrees right now and I have the air conditioner on.

I see the line trying to come together, 70% for tomorrow.

Besides the fact that we need some rain to sweep off the ton of pollen, it's very dry. Glenn needs the rain on his grass seed he put down last weekend.

I will not complain about any cold weather. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Shelia wrote:
That sounds nice.

It sounds nice but in all honesty it's nothing but a big old drinking/drug fest. People fly in from all over the country and listen to music and crappy music.

It goes on for like seven days and the venues are all over the place and in several different bars and parks and crap. I wouldn't go near the place. And it's expensive. Some of the stuff is free and I am assuming that's where Chris and his buddies will be hanging out.

Tickets are something like $300.00. No way.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Man oh man we got some powerful storms here, coming your way Sheila. I heard a thunder crash at 5:00, so I got up and came on into work early. First one here. Laughing I didn't want to mess with traffic. Everyone is gonna be late. I get a gold star! (which I need, cuz I played hooky yesterday)
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 am

I'm watching the radar now. Looks like the backside is starting to flare too.

Glenn's home early so we're in for the day.

Em, $300 ??? OMG.

Is it a swanky affair or what ???

They have a Red River thing over here but nowhere near that price. Good Lawd !!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 am

It's clouding up here ...supposed to rain later today or tomorrow...cooled off big time too. For a while the sun was out and warm but now it's gone and it's getting windy and cool...
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:58 am

Get ready Sheila. This is bringing cold. It is downright miserable outside.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:55 am

I just came in from the garage.

DAYUM it's cold.

I put on socks and sweats. Now that I'm cool I feel like cooking.

Glenn's napping. He's S N O R I N G very loud. How he sleeps like that with the TV full blast is beyond me. I'm jealous. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:51 am

Shelia wrote:
I just came in from the garage.

DAYUM it's cold.

I put on socks and sweats. Now that I'm cool I feel like cooking.

Glenn's napping. He's S N O R I N G very loud. How he sleeps like that with the TV full blast is beyond me. I'm jealous. Very Happy

Does he go to bed at night and ask you to turn down the volume when he's falling asleep? Jeff will rattle the windows with the volume and then complain that he can't fall asleep with me watching tv.... he says the bed is different than the Lazy Boy? confused
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:29 am

Back when Russell was traveling and gone all week I had a tv in the bedroom. I would watch things at night ...when he came home he took over the tv in the den so I'd go to the bedroom to watch but then here he'd come wanting to go to bed...gripe and carry on because he couldn't sleep with the tv on ...said beds are not for watching tv...he's a grouchy old goat about a lot of things like that. So now I just have my own tv here in the computer room with me. and I go to bed when I get ready and I watch what I want to watch too.Never really got to watch anything good when I was in the den anyway...He'd always turn it off saying nothing on fit to watch ...didn't matter if I were watching or not...we just have to learn how to manipulate these men...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:53 am

I tell him to turn it down in the bedroom constantly. It makes me so mad.

We tried the ear plugs. It hurts. SO, I wait about 15 mins. and turn it down. He thinks he does it during the night. Very Happy

I have to have total silence to sleep. I'd be up all night if the tv were on.

I sleep in the living room. My private room isn't quite ready yet. He can't sleep with the fan on. He says it dries his eyes out.

WHAT ???
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:33 am

Deb, have you seen that dark pink ICE headed through ???

Is your area supposed to get that ???

I see an ice spot north of you.

Be careful going home.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 am

Nope, just rain. 37 degrees and lots of rain. YAY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weather   The Weather I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Weather
Page 1 of 1