Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shelia........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 am

you mentioned stocking up on things in preparation for the upcoming summer utility bills.

It is just the opposite with me. I stock in the summer for the winter heat bills!!

So all summer, I stock up on paper products, detergent, soap. shampoo, canned goods, etc.

I have a pantry which is situated underneath the steps that go upstairs.
I have shelves in there where I can store all the crap!

I have more toilet paper in my house than you can even imagine! bwahahaa
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 am

We seem to go thru a lot of paper products here ...especially since Daddy came here. When he gets a shower and Russell puts clean pants on him he cleans out his pockets they are full of paper. He will not throw away a tissue...he sticks it in his pocket along with clean ones plus he'll tear off about 6 or 8 paper towels and puts them in his pockets...I don't know what it is about him and paper in his pockets...Unless he's afraid he's gonna get stranded somewhere without toilet tissue maybe. But when the paper towel roll in the bathroom gets down to about a third of the roll he thinks he's got to get out a new roll and put it up...same with the toilet tissue...I guess he thinks with the toilet tissue it'll be handy when the other roll runs out...but it's just on the other side of the seat from where it's hanging up. We have paper towels in the bathroom because I don't like having cloth towels in there because he has that MRSA germ in his nose ...they said it'll always be there...so I want towels to throw away ... that's what they recommend for dealing with someone having the germ...and hopefully not spreading it.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:10 pm

THANK GOD I'M NOT A FREAK !!!!

I have this overwhelming need to buy can goods, cleaning stuff, rice, you know, every single spring.

I thought something was wrong with me. It's not a one time deal. I do it every single year and the feeling causes me much anxiety.

I worry more about keeping cool in the summer because I'm always hot. When I'm hot that air conditioner gets kicked up to freeze. The fans get going on hurricane speed too. I think my menopause symptoms have subsided though. I don't have those night sweats anymore or hot flashes. It may be different this year if that's the case.

The winter months aren't bad. The thing this time is we're all electric. First time for us. We weren't here for most of the summer so I'll be curious to see how high it will get.

I always dread that electric bill because I feel guilty. I know I'm the reason it gets so high.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Quote :
When I'm hot that air conditioner gets kicked up to freeze.

I'm gonna call Barack on you.

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Shelia, see RIGHT NOW if your electric company does average billing and then get on it NOW! They will average your usage, and then charge you the same every month. Without taking into consideration summer usage you might not feel so much pain.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:22 am

my parents are on that kind of plan--they call it a budget plan here. This is both for elec and gas
Then once a year, they figure out if you owe them anything or they owe you.

I could get on a plan like that too but I dont know why I dont .
I dont have the same provider they do and my place is all elec so I dont pay any gas.

I just pay it in full.

The summer months are ok it is the winter when it gets tight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shelia........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shelia........   Shelia........ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shelia........
Page 1 of 1