Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

that stimulus check ??

Go down 
+2
Maboe Shortt
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

that stimulus check ?? Empty
PostSubject: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:01 am

Jonathan said every brother in jail was waiting for one.

They openly talked about getting one, some saying they were getting up to $10,000 a piece.

And no they were not confused about stimulus and tax checks.

They were told when the went to VOTE the checks would be coming.

Damb shame.

Just like the coins huh ?? Fake money from a fake President.

that stimulus check ?? 75017544rd7

They thought they were buying a piece of history but many customers now say they were ripped off.

Folks irked by Obama coins that are simply stickers placed on 50-cent pieces.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:01 am

I say if they were stupid enough to fall for that then they should be ripped off. I don't buy nothing with his mug on it.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:56 am

where the hell do they think they are getting 10,000.00???
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:20 am

Rosie wrote:
where the hell do they think they are getting 10,000.00???

Uncle Remus, I mean Uncle Sam! Mad

Jon doing ok?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 am

Yeah we need a report on everybody...

How bout you Hummer...what have your test this week shown?

Shelia glad you're getting over that flu. Rosie how's the foot doing.

Where's Deb tonight?
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:42 am

Maboe Shortt wrote:
Yeah we need a report on everybody...

How bout you Hummer...what have your test this week shown?

Shelia glad you're getting over that flu. Rosie how's the foot doing.

Where's Deb tonight?

Had them today and they let me walk so at least it isn't critical. Will hear something from my doc by Friday I hope.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 am

I am here. I went to my SIL's house last night and didn't get home till 11, then a full day of training today. Ugh. I am just plain beat.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:40 pm

I slept all afternoon. Matter of fact I just woke up. I feel very tired.

Anyway Jon is fine, he did his time and paid for his crime.

He's got a long road ahead hopefully school is in the picture soon.

He will not be joining the Army. I can say okay for that either way.

Hummer, let us know about your tests.

Did any of you know a Dr. visit costs $95 ???? When did it get to be so freakin' high ???
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm

my dr has 2 prices -depending on the length of the visit--95.00 and 115.00.

I am here just trying to maintain my sanity.
We had to sign my dad up with hospice again.
He was on it then they put him on palliative care (against my thoughts but I was outvoted by bro and mom) but now he clearly needs it again.
His pressure sores are worse and he needs more care than palliative would offer.

So anyhow here we are again.

Hospice offers respite care (5 days in a NH so the family can rest) I dont live there like my brother and mom but I am stressed!!!!! I can not even imagine how stressed they are!!!!!. Esp my bro. He needs it but wont consider it ..I am not sure he really understands what it is so maybe I can talk to him some more.
He has been wanting to visit a friend in NY and I keep telling him to go but he doesnt.

My dad agreed to an aide coming in and bathing him-but only to show us by a medical professional how it is done. <<wink, wink>>
He has resisted it and wont even talk about it. He will cut you off before you can finish talking and scream to high hell about it. But today he was agreeable to the "lessons". I think once he has it done a few times he might be okay with it. OR we will just be slow learners and need numerous lessons *sigh
I hate tricking him but we have to do what we have to do.
He told the nurse that my mom and I wash him. Not true. He wont let us. He will let me help him change clothes and he will wipe off with baby wipes that is it. Then he pours on the Old Spice or Mennon and thinks he is just dandy.
SO......you can imagine our desperation on this.

We shall see.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:20 pm

My heart goes out to you Rosie. These stories are heartbreaking, the way families have to think,feel,cajole and work with elderly parents is an unbelievable task IMO. I think of you and Mable all the time, about the tough situations you are in.

I don't think I want to grow old Sad
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Rosie I know that feeling of helplessness you're having trying to get your Daddy to agree to things. You're not really tricking him you're trying to help him and if you have to say things like it's just to teach you all then so be it. I hope you all get the relief you need from the 24/7 caregiving. You all need that respite care. Just to be able plan your life a few days without making sure he gets his care first is a big help. Even tho you don't live there you need some respite care time too because you're "on call" all the time.
We had to do the same thing to get my Dad up here to live with us. he wanted us to go there and live ..give up our life totally and we'd thought to do that but thank goodness we talked him into a "visit". Just thinking about living there again makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Mable, where was your dad before he was with you? I mean, where did he live.

Rosie, gosh that sucks. We had to get hospice for my g-mom. Both my g-mom and g-dad hated it, but hells bells, she had a stroke and couldn't move. Rough times for sure.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Debu wrote:
Mable, where was your dad before he was with you? I mean, where did he live.

Rosie, gosh that sucks. We had to get hospice for my g-mom. Both my g-mom and g-dad hated it, but hells bells, she had a stroke and couldn't move. Rough times for sure.

Daddy lived in Ga. He'd lived there all his life. Grew up in South Ga. south of Macon but we all moved to LaGrange in 1942 I think it was. My Mama died in 2000 and he lived alone until 2005. I have a brother in LaGrange who was supposed to be taking care of Daddy but it was more the other way around. Daddy was STILL taking care of the brother. In other words the brother was living off Daddys SS and going to school at 50 because he wanted to be a preacher. He just got to do that. I don't know who paid for his schooling after I took over Daddys finances but don't really care either. He's been propped up long enough .
I never really liked LaGrange ...always wanted to be in South Ga. with family but my Mama wouldn't hear of moving back there. Russell and I moved out of LaGrange after we'd been married just over a year. Thank goodness for that. We thought we wanted to move back there years ago but then got as close as Charlotte NC and turned around and came home. That place it so depressing to me ...Roanoke Va. is home and has been for almost 40 years now.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:01 am

(((((hugs)))))) Rosie and Mable.

Right after Dan and I got married, his mom (she was almost 80 I think) fell and broke her hip. They were going to put her in a nursing home but I worked at home so I insisted she come and stay with us. She was really pretty good but at first she did need some care and PT came in and home health services.

Dan said it feels like at some point your parents become the children and you become the parents.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 am

I bow to you all that take care of your loved ones.

I know it's not easy.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 am

Emily wrote:
(((((hugs)))))) Rosie and Mable.

Right after Dan and I got married, his mom (she was almost 80 I think) fell and broke her hip. They were going to put her in a nursing home but I worked at home so I insisted she come and stay with us. She was really pretty good but at first she did need some care and PT came in and home health services.

Dan said it feels like at some point your parents become the children and you become the parents.

Dan is 100% right there...It gets to the place that I just have to tell Daddy things and say this is the way it's going to be. He'll give me that "hard" look that Mama used to call his "looks like he could run right thru a person look" but I just tell him this is the way it's going to be now. He has alzheimers big time and he'll try to go back to when I was a teenager and bossed me around ...That's when Russell steps in and takes over ...I just throw up my hands and leave the room. Because I will not argue with him or try to convince him that he's wrong. I have had shingles in my face before and if I get too stressed they come back. It's not worth having shingles again to try and make him understand he's wrong.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 am

Shingles suck Mable. Fer shure.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:59 am

Backing up a bit, but Shelia.... I got the EOB for my ER visit. $5000....that's right, five thousand.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 am

Humms. That is about right. And Sheila, yeah, that is about the avg for a drs visit these days.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:26 am

Hummer

O M G

I know I didn't pay that much in Clinton.

I mean it is out of control.

Not that I want socialized medicine, I don't, but charging that much just for walking in kind of disgusts me. I won't even get into the medicine costs. It's unreal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: that stimulus check ??   that stimulus check ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

that stimulus check ??
Page 1 of 1