Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little slower today...TG!

Go down 
+2
Emily
hummer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

A little slower today...TG! Empty
PostSubject: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Hopefully I can do some catch up here. Any news on Ron?

I swear to heavens I'm gonna go off on some co-workers....be nice Rhonda! It's all about "ME" around here and I'm sick of it. "I'm so busy, I stayed late, it's not my job"! Where in the heck did teamwork and patient care go?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:11 pm

I haven't had any news on Ron and hte news we have received all this time is so inconsistent, who knows?

Do you find that people who are younger than us do that the most or is it people of all ages?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 pm

hummer wrote:
Hopefully I can do some catch up here. Any news on Ron?

I swear to heavens I'm gonna go off on some co-workers....be nice Rhonda! It's all about "ME" around here and I'm sick of it. "I'm so busy, I stayed late, it's not my job"! Where in the heck did teamwork and patient care go?

Maybe if you do go off on some co-workers teamwork and patient care will come back ...
Nothing so far on Ron. She hasn't posted anything since last Sat. She may have been there to look around but she hasn't posted anything and I haven't caught her there either. Who knows about that woman.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 am

I really wish she would tell us something about Ron.

I think it is the younger people who are the slackers. The older ones seem to realize their responsibilities and live up to them.................although there are a few who do not. LOL
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:48 am

No new emails.

Younger people for the most part are lazy. Not all but most.

They need years to get into the mode of life. When we do things it's automatic after years of doing it but kids look at it like it's ..... WORK !!!!

They decide then to only do what they need to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have one here. Glenn has some where he works. It's an amazing thing to watch.

I fear our old age.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 am

Rosie wrote:
I really wish she would tell us something about Ron.

I think it is the younger people who are the slackers. The older ones seem to realize their responsibilities and live up to them.................although there are a few who do not. LOL

The younger definately. The "I'm owed" mentality. Or the people that take things too literally. My job description states "and any duties as assigned by the supervisor". Part of the problem is the supers not taking action for fear of employees retaliation through lawsuits or quitting. I say CYA and don't let the door hit ya. I'm mean, but fair.

Bet deb could shed some light on this subject.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:41 pm

"The younger definately. The "I'm owed" mentality. Or the people that take things too literally. My job description states "and any duties as assigned by the supervisor". Part of the problem is the supers not taking action for fear of employees retaliation through lawsuits or quitting. I say CYA and don't let the door hit ya. I'm mean, but fair.

Bet deb could shed some light on this subject."

Say wha? I hope you didn't mean cuz I am the baybee.....Smile

Gen X and Gen Y are the self-entitled generation. I am from Generation Jones. HA! I am of the generation that is the last to have grown up with family members that suffered the depression, WW2, and Vietnam, so basically a mixed bag. Some of us grew up with the hard earned work ethic, and the others were borne with a sense of entitlement, and, well, lets just say I am not looking forward to getting old.

OKAY, as a result of the whole sense of entitlement companies have become afraid of making people do their job. And that is what your work problem is. The big deal is that the supers don't want to take responsibility. They don't want to write people up, and go thru the channels they have, to "work people out the door" so then there is an unfair standard set. Once that happens, it becomes a challenge to term anyone, because there is a lack of documentation leading up to it, or it is inconsistant. If mgrs and sups were FUCKING CONSISTENT, everyone's life would be easier, and it wouldn't be a challenge to get people out.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:55 am

[quote="Debu"]"The younger definately. The "I'm owed" mentality. Or the people that take things too literally. My job description states "and any duties as assigned by the supervisor". Part of the problem is the supers not taking action for fear of employees retaliation through lawsuits or quitting. I say CYA and don't let the door hit ya. I'm mean, but fair.

Bet deb could shed some light on this subject."

Say wha? I hope you didn't mean cuz I am the baybee.....Smile

I mean [/i]because you are in HR! brat.

Yeah, I really blame the supervisors for the reasons you mentioned. Over my long work-lifetime I've managed 3 different business's. Convenience store, Video store and finally a Plasma donation center. Somedays I felt like a babysitter but I ALWAYS did what I said I would do and I ALWAYS followed through. For me it's about trust and when my employees trusted me to do the right thing it went soooo much smoother.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 am

Humms.....I was just joshing ya. Had a bugger of a day, and blah blah.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:42 am

Debu wrote:
Humms.....I was just joshing ya. Had a bugger of a day, and blah blah.

Time to chill? Have a good 'un and thanks again for the card! I'm the one driving BTW.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little slower today...TG!   A little slower today...TG! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little slower today...TG!
Page 1 of 1