Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hummer, Rosie, Mable

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Hummer, Rosie, Mable Empty
PostSubject: Hummer, Rosie, Mable   Hummer, Rosie, Mable I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 am

WEATHER NEWS: Severe Winter Storm Targets East Early Next Week

The storm that could bring a major snowfall to parts of the East next week is part of the major weather change going on across the country. AccuWeather.com Expert Meteorologist Joe Bastardi says the pattern across the eastern part of the country will yield several major snowstorms that could bring snowfall for the year above normal in many areas, including the major cities along the I-95 corridor. The storm coming Monday and Tuesday next week will track from the Gulf of Mexico to a position near Baltimore by Tuesday morning.

The storm will take shape on Sunday, spreading rain over Louisiana and neighboring states. The storm will then race through the South on Monday (Groundhog Day) to reach the Northeast by Tuesday.

The exact track of the storm will draw the line between which areas of the East receive substantial snow or heavy rain. It will also determine how many places in the Southeast will be threatened by severe weather.

A track along or just west of the Appalachian Mountains would result in disruptive snow from the Ohio Valley to the eastern Great Lakes. Soaking rain would spread over the rest of the Eastern Seaboard with potentially damaging thunderstorms from the eastern Carolinas to Florida.

A plethora of moisture being drawn into the storm could produce 1 to 2 inches of rain. Flooding could ensue, especially in the Northeast where the frozen ground will not be able to soak up the rain water.

A deep snowpack over New England and the mid-Atlantic's interior will further heighten the potential for flooding. If the snow fails to absorb all of the rain, the combination of rain and melting snow could severely swell streams and rivers.

Substantial snow, not flooding, would threaten the Northeast's interior if the storm tracks along the Interstate 95 corridor. Snow would blanket the major Interstate 95 cities with an offshore storm track.

The farther east the storm travels, the fewer areas in the Southeast will be threatened by damaging thunderstorms. Florida, however, will likely not escape being a target.

Where the heavy snow eventually falls, travel and daily routines will be greatly impacted. The snow could leave 6 to 12 inches with totals up to 2 feet not out of the question.

As the storm pushes through the South and cold air plunges towards the Gulf Coast, accumulating snow may even hinder travel as far south as northern parts of Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia on Monday.

The storm will intensify over the Northeast or eastern Great Lakes on Tuesday, potentially leading to dangerous blizzard conditions to the west of its center. Severe blowing and drifting snow with extremely poor visibility will make travel nearly impossible.

Regardless of the storm's track, harsh cold and blustery winds will grip the entire eastern third of the nation in its wake Tuesday into Wednesday. AccuWeather.com RealFeel®️ temperatures will be significantly colder than actual thermometer readings.

Strong winds will also be found east of the storm's center. A track along or west of the Northeast's coastline would allow the winds to blow directly at the beaches. Pounding waves and coastal flooding could result.

All residents across the eastern third of the nation are urged to check back with AccuWeather.com through the weekend as the exact details of the storm become clearer.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-top-headline.asp?partner=accuweather

Joe Bastardi has been quite accurate for severe weather. Just keep an eye on it, stock up on anything you need early. There are thousands without power and heat now from the last blast. They are expected to get hit again and may not have electric for weeks.

I've been looking at our 7 day forecast since yesterday and it is rapidly changing. I do believe it will get nasty starting Sunday.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Hummer, Rosie, Mable   Hummer, Rosie, Mable I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:46 am

Shelia wrote:
WEATHER NEWS: Severe Winter Storm Targets East Early Next Week

The storm that could bring a major snowfall to parts of the East next week is part of the major weather change going on across the country. AccuWeather.com Expert Meteorologist Joe Bastardi says the pattern across the eastern part of the country will yield several major snowstorms that could bring snowfall for the year above normal in many areas, including the major cities along the I-95 corridor. The storm coming Monday and Tuesday next week will track from the Gulf of Mexico to a position near Baltimore by Tuesday morning.

The storm will take shape on Sunday, spreading rain over Louisiana and neighboring states. The storm will then race through the South on Monday (Groundhog Day) to reach the Northeast by Tuesday.

The exact track of the storm will draw the line between which areas of the East receive substantial snow or heavy rain. It will also determine how many places in the Southeast will be threatened by severe weather.

A track along or just west of the Appalachian Mountains would result in disruptive snow from the Ohio Valley to the eastern Great Lakes. Soaking rain would spread over the rest of the Eastern Seaboard with potentially damaging thunderstorms from the eastern Carolinas to Florida.

A plethora of moisture being drawn into the storm could produce 1 to 2 inches of rain. Flooding could ensue, especially in the Northeast where the frozen ground will not be able to soak up the rain water.

A deep snowpack over New England and the mid-Atlantic's interior will further heighten the potential for flooding. If the snow fails to absorb all of the rain, the combination of rain and melting snow could severely swell streams and rivers.

Substantial snow, not flooding, would threaten the Northeast's interior if the storm tracks along the Interstate 95 corridor. Snow would blanket the major Interstate 95 cities with an offshore storm track.

The farther east the storm travels, the fewer areas in the Southeast will be threatened by damaging thunderstorms. Florida, however, will likely not escape being a target.

Where the heavy snow eventually falls, travel and daily routines will be greatly impacted. The snow could leave 6 to 12 inches with totals up to 2 feet not out of the question.

As the storm pushes through the South and cold air plunges towards the Gulf Coast, accumulating snow may even hinder travel as far south as northern parts of Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia on Monday.

The storm will intensify over the Northeast or eastern Great Lakes on Tuesday, potentially leading to dangerous blizzard conditions to the west of its center. Severe blowing and drifting snow with extremely poor visibility will make travel nearly impossible.

Regardless of the storm's track, harsh cold and blustery winds will grip the entire eastern third of the nation in its wake Tuesday into Wednesday. AccuWeather.com RealFeel®️ temperatures will be significantly colder than actual thermometer readings.

Strong winds will also be found east of the storm's center. A track along or west of the Northeast's coastline would allow the winds to blow directly at the beaches. Pounding waves and coastal flooding could result.

All residents across the eastern third of the nation are urged to check back with AccuWeather.com through the weekend as the exact details of the storm become clearer.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-top-headline.asp?partner=accuweather

Joe Bastardi has been quite accurate for severe weather. Just keep an eye on it, stock up on anything you need early. There are thousands without power and heat now from the last blast. They are expected to get hit again and may not have electric for weeks.

I've been looking at our 7 day forecast since yesterday and it is rapidly changing. I do believe it will get nasty starting Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up! Man, I just pored out our water supply from the hurricane season. Stocking up on firewood today!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Hummer, Rosie, Mable   Hummer, Rosie, Mable I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:55 am

Well we'd like to have some snow but not power outages. We have gas heat and gas logs in two places in the house. We can cook cause I have a gas stove. Will just start cooking up food from the freezer if the power goes off. All the snow storms that's been supposed to hit us in Roanoke haven't produced a thing but rain. One day there was a little ice but that's all...the higher elevations around here got hit pretty hard but we're like in the bottom of a bowl in Roanoke. Stuff can't get over the edge of the bowl...Right now the sun is shinning but the wind is blowing and it's cold out. What I'll miss the most if the power goes off is my computer. oh well I'll learn to survive without it...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Hummer, Rosie, Mable   Hummer, Rosie, Mable I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:04 am

When Glenn comes home telling me about the weather headed our way I perk up.

If you look on the infra red weather map at what's coming out of Canada, it's red.

If that mixes with warm Gulf moisture, it will be very nasty.

Speaking of nasty, when the city thought we'd get that ice storm, they salted the overpasses. Jonathan told me there is so much salt on the highway he was lightly hydroplaning in it.

This is new to us. We have never lived any place where salt on the roads was needed but funny, we lived in the place where they mined the salt.

Freaky dink.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hummer, Rosie, Mable   Hummer, Rosie, Mable I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Ain't no sense in washing my car, the sand around here is crazy bad, and when it rains, it will get all nasty again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hummer, Rosie, Mable   Hummer, Rosie, Mable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hummer, Rosie, Mable
Page 1 of 1