Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mom BACK in the hospital.

Go down 
+2
Emily
Debu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

Mom BACK in the hospital. Empty
PostSubject: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 am

I am too damn overworked and tired to post in the other forum, but Mom got readmitted Sunday am. The consensus is that her prescriptions were not the right ones, and she was released too soon.

She has bacterial pnuemonia, not viral so that is good. I hope she gets better before the holidays and can come home.

Just Damn.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:11 am

Oh no! Good thing she went back to the hospital. Please let us know how she does if you get time.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:19 am

Will do, I am working hard to get a half day tomorrow. Gotta work Wed, but I will probably be leaving at 3. They took her by amboolance again.

Get your ass in bed missy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:34 am

So sorry to hear she's back in the hospital but she's where she needs to be until she is well .
Em...what Deb said...or at least get in a recliner and stretch out. flower
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:34 am

Good LORD!

How friggin' stupid, they let her go before they knew what kind of infection she had? I'm so sorry for you and her debs.

Chin up, let me know if there's anything I can do.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 am

I am cool. A bit pissed, but cool. I missed her when I tried to call at lunch, so I will call again after work. At least they got her in a room asap this time. And it is HUGE, and she gets good food!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 am

Sorry to hear that Deb.

The medicine I do understand. She needs to STAY IN BED. Only get up to bathe and use the bathroom. Seriously. It will take a long time to recover.

I've got her in my thoughts. For real, tell her baby steps. Ya hear that moms ???

BABY STEPS and NO talking !!!!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:09 am

I sure hope they get her all fixed up. Are you supposed to go there for Christmas, Deb?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Nope, haven't done a family Christmas in YEARS. And, frankly, don't miss em. I wish I didn't have to go to Tim's family too.

She is on a full face mask of good breathing stuff and had a CT scan yesterday. No results yet.

She got into a coughing fit when she laughed after I asked her if she had cute doctors. My bad. No
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:32 am

Well, if she laughed that means she's feeling at least okay enough to laugh.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:56 am

I hope you get your half days kiddo....you deserve it!

Prayers for your Mom, I'm sure she'll be fine. Keep us posted when you can.

How about that Dallas shooter? I wish I could remember better where you are, I google map everything. Stay safe and have a great Christmas if I don't catch you before then.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:21 am

Deb, keep us updated. I hope for her sake it doesn't last long. If she can breathe, she'll be one step ahead.

I'll be thinking of her. I love you
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:00 am

Will do....keep you posted.

That Dallas Shooter....yeah, 3 of the 4 intersections he shot peeps at were directly in my path had I gone to Tim's house from mine. Man, that is some scary shit. Apparantly he likes the big rigs. I don't have one, so I am happy bout dat fer shure!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:35 am

Well, it looks like Mom is in the hospital for the holiday. She doesn't sound good, but she is better off there. They still have her on a breathing mask. Etta is going up today, and has to go back to church tonight to do the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. She say Mom is having one hell of a pity party, and I told her I knew all about that, from the last 41 years. hehe.

She is bringing our Christmas prezzies to the hospital, but I told her to get the card out and bring it tonight. Hallmark makes new musical cards that you can record your own voice on, and then it goes to music. I sent the stupid dog barking Christmas song, with Tim and I wishing them a Merry one. Since she can't see, she can hear it. I said on it that I can't get Angus to sing on cue, so I hired dogs special. hehe.

The downside is that the meds she is on for her pnuemonia are counteracting the ones she takes for her eyes, and her sight, what she has is decreasing steadily.

I know I should feel really bad about that, but shit, she KNEW she had this condition, and let it go untreated for 3 years. I feel bad for her, cuz I know she knows this inside and it was completely avoidable if she wasn't so damn stubborn.

grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:50 am

When I got pneumonia it was maybe 3 days before Christmas.

I was not supposed to be in crowds, not supposed to walk or talk, not supposed to be anywhere besides bed.

I bribed my oldest to take me to the outlet mall.

For that STUPID mistake, I paid dearly. I have kicked myself many times but you know

IT'S CHRISTMAS !!!

Like that couldn't wait.

On the one hand Deb, I understand where moms is coming from being stubborn. It almost killed me. I hope she knows she's in the best place right now. If I had more sense I would have stayed in the hospital too.

But NOOOOOOO, I HAD to go home.

Tell her to please do what's asked of her and she'll be better for it.

Let us know how she's doing. I know it ain't easy.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:03 am

Will do. She is good with pretending to be a good lil trooper to me on the phone. Poor Etta is getting the brunt of it. Of course if I would be there it would be the same. And I WOULD be bringing a flask in the hospital with me, I tell you for true!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:30 am

Bwahahahaha !!!!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:23 am

It sure sucks being in the hospital over Christmas but hopefully she gets better. Definitely better than her being at home and feeling awful and not being able to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Well, she was transferred today to a LTAC place. long term acute care. Me thinks that I am not getting the whole enchilada when it comes to her condition. COPD was mentioned by Etta today. I am buzzed from champagne, the good stuff, that Tim got me. He also got me a rifle, Savage 11, with scope, and a Le Creuset Soup Pan.

I love this man!

nite all!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Debu wrote:
Well, she was transferred today to a LTAC place. long term acute care. Me thinks that I am not getting the whole enchilada when it comes to her condition. COPD was mentioned by Etta today. I am buzzed from champagne, the good stuff, that Tim got me. He also got me a rifle, Savage 11, with scope, and a Le Creuset Soup Pan.

I love this man!

nite all!

WOW! So now you can kill your supper and cook it too! What a man Very Happy

Just don't drink and shoot, ok? bwahahahaha !!!!!!!

I don't know what to say about your Mom, I'm sure it's diffiult to figure anything out with you not being there and all. LOTS of prayers going out to her and Etta.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Debu wrote:

I love this man!

nite all!

COPD is serious stuff...Hope they can get it under control and she can get to feeling better. How far is she from you Deb? It's a real hardship trying to take care of a parent long distance. We did that for a couple of years with my dad .

Merry Christmas to all...we had a good time opening packages this morning . I got exactly what I wanted ...gift cards .
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:39 am

Oh Deb I hate to hear your mom's doing bad. I too think you are not getting the whole story. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

And did you hit the motherload on gifts or what ???

I drank too much wine and popped way too many fireworks last night.

My lushy butt hit the sack at 9pm.

I will never live that down.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:07 pm

HA! I go to bed at 10 normally! And get this, my bro is going to go down there! It is hard for me, since I don't have any time off right now, and he NEEDS to go, since he hasn't been.

I dunno. I don't think I am getting the full story, but I kinda expect it these days.

When Tim gave me the rifle, he told me, "Welcome to your 2nd amendment rights" Yippee!!!!

Left-handed youth model at that. But he says I can take down a deer with it. bounce
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Wow - what gifts!

I'm sorry about your mom - that really sucks. Has your brother been involved in your mom's life up 'til now very much? Either way, I think it's great he's going to see her. At least he has the time now.

Vince is still in the nursing home two years after his accident - back at 400 pounds and having health problems that probably were exacerbated by the accident but certainly things he was due to start having with his poor health - venous insufficiency and poor circulation. He will won't admit he has diabetes. Eh - he's decided to pull authorization for family members to know what's going on with him medically.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:43 am

Well Bil hasn't made an effort to be close to either Mom or me. I am hoping that this might mend the gap somewhat. I know it makes me sound pretty ungrateful, but the fact is my Mom is a very selfish woman, who enjoys the pity party, and my brother is a very self-involved boy with his own family. I really did give up being affected by anything they do for a long time now, because they both hurt me alot, and didn't even know it.

Which, I must admit, makes it difficult when your mom is in a LTAC, with an unknown diagnosis.

I hope Bil and Mom can mend some fences, they need to. As for me, I am doing my best to be concerned, and do the right thing, but I do get weary of not getting anywhere, the LORD only helps them that help themselves, not those that depend on everyone else to help them help themselves....hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mom BACK in the hospital.   Mom BACK in the hospital. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mom BACK in the hospital.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next