Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm home ......

Go down 
+2
Shelia
hummer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:11 am

Molly doesn't have heartworms! Today's exam showed that she needs some tooth extractions and she's about 18 lbs (she went from 24 to 38 lbs) overweight. Poor baby, they kept refering to her as geriatric. Rolling Eyes

I love our vet. They did a chest x-ray before we discussed other issues (lung ca was first on my list) and it did show that her spleen may be enlarged. Complete blood work results tomorrow to rule out diabetes and Cushings. She has a bacterial infection that they'll treat with antibiotics and get this. One, they didn't charge me for the x-rays and two, our local Publix grocer will fill this script for free! Over the last 12 years I've used this vet I've paid them enough to have my own exam room, it's nice to get a break like that.

I had a really hard time going back into that room today. I kept thinking about you guys and our little group...took my mind off of the hardest part. Thanks for listening, it helps more than you know.

Now it will take me a while to catch up, work kicked my butt today and I didn't get on here much.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:21 am

That's just WONDERFUL !!!!!

I'm so glad it's something easily treatable and the free part is the best !!!!

Are you relieved ???
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 am

Does the Vet do the tooth extractions? Good that he did all that stuff for free. It sure helps to have a good caring Vet.
When we had our last pup. put down our Vet. was so nice to us. He'd taken care of her since we got her and after wards he sent us a sympathy card. I'd never heard of one doing that. But he loves animals and he is a very caring man. The whole office is like that.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 am

Our Vet in Clinton sent us a card after we had our cat put down.

I cried in the office like a baby. Gawd.

I liked the whole office there. His wife was in there, all his people were very nice. I never felt overcharged ever.

I hope the ones down the street are as nice.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 am

Whew - that's a relief.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 am

excellent news!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:15 pm

YAY!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm home ...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home ......   I'm home ...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm home ......
Page 1 of 1