Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)

Go down 
+2
Debu
hummer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) Empty
PostSubject: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:13 am

Hope you remembered your carrots and zucchini. Break that lunch thing and you'll make great progress.

Thinking about you today Smile
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:52 am

About that carrot and zucchini.....since I have had this sick for a week, with the coughing, my back has hurt so much. One thing that really hurts is standing in the kitchen. I was doing good just to get the soups and beans done, I didn't have time.

No worries, tho. I drove to work, and didn't even think about getting a cig. Well, I did, I thought, this is funny I should be wanting a cig, but I don't. YAY me. I think this sick, and being not able to breath and coughing all the time at the same time my mom is in the hospital, and might have to be on oxygen forever made me pretty decided that this was what I need to do.

And yea, I found out about the 10 character thingy, so I use alot of ..............

haha!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 am

Is this a sex thread ?????

Moral support checking in.

Have a good day Deb !!!!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:22 am

Tanks peeps, and Sheila......look out for some nastiness....apparantly we have freezing rain right now, although it won't be bad come 12, when we warm up. But, if we are getting it now, tha you will be getting it this evening, and that would be a whole nother ball o wax.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:29 am

Shelia wrote:
Is this a sex thread ?????

Moral support checking in.

Have a good day Deb !!!!

I had to read that twice scratch

Then I had to make sure it was Shelia and not Emily that posted it!

Sounds like you might have a touch of pneumonia (or pleurisy) Deb, be very careful.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 am

Oh shoot !!!

I looked at the radar. OMG. The ice !!!! Hey, I wanted cold but not this.

It's pouring over here. I have to leave around 2. Jonathan has an interview and no car. Only Glenn and I have insurance on the truck.

That should be wonderful.

Be careful Deb. It looks bad in your area.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 am

I'm confused - as usual. What are carrots and zucchini and is that some sexual reference? You know, cause Rhonda said she had to make sure it wasn't me. Oh my god, I do make everything a sexual reference, don't I?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 am

I don't think I have either of those. There is a cold running around here that on the tail end makes people cough. The smoking, combined with the dog hair allergies I have and the fact that Tim hadn't vacummed his house in 3 months, were enough to make me crazy. So, I took the Mucinex, and made Tim vaccumn, which wasn't difficult seeing as he couldn't sleep through the coughing. No more coughing anymore, but my bod is a bit sore. PLUS, I am sincerely out of shape and need to work out some.

No freezing here, and it shouldn't stick, seeing as it was 80 degrees two days ago.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:20 am

Emily

THIS IS NOT A SEX THREAD

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

You make me laugh !!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 am

Since I've been away this morning I'll add my support to Deb too. Just take it a day at the time and pretty soon you'll not even be thinking about them.
How is your Mama doing . Is she in a nursing facility or still in hospital. Like Rosie asked me one day if I have CRS these days .I think that's a big possibility.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:43 am

Mom is in a Long Term Acute Care Hospital, recovering from severe Pneumonia, and Severe Asthma. No more mention of COPD. She has PT and OT every day, and a shower, and is relatively happy there. She is currently being weaned down on her oxygen, and is no longer on a mask, but only the nose tube things. I need to call her tonight. I took a two day break, and meant to call her last night, but forgot. oops.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:42 am

WOW.

So all in all, is she breathing better ???

There is nothing more scary than thinking you will smother from not getting enough air. Seriously, you panic.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 am

No lie. Add to it the fact that you are blind and it is pretty scary. Did I tell y'all that my bro went down there, and brought the kids??? That meant so much to her. He said she seems to be doing well. I was very proud of him. I want so much for him to get out of his selfish place and be there for Mom too.

She had a lil fever on Friday, but they were taking care of it. She is breathing better and talking about going home. That is a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 am

That's great deb.

A a high five for your brother. That was really a nice loving thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:26 am

I know. And totally out of character. I was pretty proud too. He even called me from his car on his way back home, and it was a good talk, not one tone of annoyance there. So, maybe the lay-off was a good thing? I dunno, but so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:34 am

I've been wondering about your mama. Being on oxygen permanently wouldn't be a bad thing for her, do you think?

That is so great about your brother. Maybe being laid off was good for him. Do you think his annoyance from before was just stress from his job? Dan will talk that way when he is under stress and it drives me crazy so I just don't talk to him.

And how great for your mom to be able to see him and the grandkids. That almost makes me cry. Sad
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:44 am

I don't think it would be all that bad, specially if she could just get out of the hospital. Naw, Bil did a whole big distance thingy from all of his family. I think he got scared that he might lose her, and that he felt bad for the way he had treated her in the past. It doesn't jive with all his christian-ness.
Down deep he is a good boy, he just got all messed up in his head. When I was down visiting Mom she was talking about what an ass he has been, and I kept telling her there ain't nothing she can do but let it go. Etta said he would feel different once she died, and well, I guess this was the next closest thing.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:33 am

Debu wrote:
I don't think it would be all that bad, specially if she could just get out of the hospital. Naw, Bil did a whole big distance thingy from all of his family. I think he got scared that he might lose her, and that he felt bad for the way he had treated her in the past. It doesn't jive with all his christian-ness.
Down deep he is a good boy, he just got all messed up in his head. When I was down visiting Mom she was talking about what an ass he has been, and I kept telling her there ain't nothing she can do but let it go. Etta said he would feel different once she died, and well, I guess this was the next closest thing.

How scary for you too. I'm glad she's doing better, getting out of the hospital is the first big step. I guess she can't smoke with the oxygen so that's a good thing. The ambulance used to pick my emphysematic poppa up with him sitting on the curb smoking a cig.

Does Etta smoke, is she supportive?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am

Etta is very supportive, she has been trying to get my mom to quit for some time now. When she was released from the hospital the first time, Etta ripped up all 5 and a half packs of smokes, and said they were done. I told her those things are expensive, and she shoulda mailed em up here where they coulda done someone some good.

Mom said seeing as she was blind and all, she guessed she didn't have a choice to not quit, cuz she couldn't get to the store. hehe.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:01 am

Debu wrote:
Etta is very supportive, she has been trying to get my mom to quit for some time now. When she was released from the hospital the first time, Etta ripped up all 5 and a half packs of smokes, and said they were done. I told her those things are expensive, and she shoulda mailed em up here where they coulda done someone some good.

Mom said seeing as she was blind and all, she guessed she didn't have a choice to not quit, cuz she couldn't get to the store. hehe.

HA HA! I like your mom! Stopping made me mean as a snake. People were offering to buy them for me.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:06 am

HA HA! I like your mom! Stopping made me mean as a snake. People were offering to buy them for me.[/quote]

Now Rhonda I don't believe you could be that mean. I sure didn't get that impression in Oct.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:07 am

Yeah, me and my momma got the sarcastic deal with it with humor gene. Sometimes people take us way too seriously for our own good. I just can't help but laugh most of the time. Sometimes it gets me in trouble.

Here is a laugh for you. We were watching one of those Nostradamus/Mayan/the world is gonna end on 12/21/2012. Yeah. My 45th bday is 12/24/2012. That is the day I have access to the lil bit o $ my dad left me when he died. Is that fucked up or what? HAHA! I brought that up to Tim last night, acting all serious and stuff. He SO didn't get it. I kept going on about my dad having a bad sense of humor.

HAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:08 am

good luck on the smoking thing! I know how hard it can be.

I would bet money that my brother has empysema --or is very close to it--he is only 46 this month too. He can barely have a convo without coughing and being short of breath.
He is trying he says.

My dad smoked for 64 yrs! When he first went to the hospital --the first time which was 2 yrs ago this month--they put a patch on him and that was the end of it for him. I am sure it wouldnt have been that easy at home where he could just go get one if he wanted. At the hospital and NH no one would get him one.

In all the yrs my parents have been married (58) my mother never bought him cigarettes. SHe refused.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:10 am

Here is a laugh for you. We were watching one of those Nostradamus/Mayan/the world is gonna end on 12/21/2012. Yeah. My 45th bday is 12/24/2012. That is the day I have access to the lil bit o $ my dad left me when he died. Is that fucked up or what? HAHA!>>>>>>>>>>

you have my "luck" gene. LOL
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 am

I tell ya, if I didn't have bad luck, I doubt I would have any!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)   Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Deb (this has to be at least 10 characters?)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: