Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As long as we are all confessing....

Go down 
+2
Emily
Rosie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

As long as we are all confessing.... Empty
PostSubject: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Joe and I have called it quits. Yeppers. I am fine about it too.

Little background here. Joe and I were divorced a number of yrs ago. Long enough for him to remarry (and divorce) and have another child. (That about killed me, too)
Well we mended our fences eventually but never remarried.
Anyhow...I was NOT all that excited about him coming back from Alaska this time. Well ok maybe a bit. But I knew in my heart that this just wasnt going to work. The last couple times he was there ..I dont know ...I really enjoyed my alone time and I was fine without him. Calmer and happier.
Not that I dont love him cus I do. I have done some hard thinking about it and I wonder if I was trying to make us a "family" for Joey's sake? Even tho the kid is 24, I still feel so guilty about our divorce. I dont know what my motivation was but we both kind of mutually said "enough". He got an apartment (this all happened right before Christmas) and for a while things were like nothing had changed, but I havent talked to him yet this year. (Joey has)

He has started drinking a bit too much for my taste but now I dont have to worry about it.
I also mentioned to Mable that I thought he was verbally abusive, but I got to thinking about that. He never called me names or anything like that. I think it was more his "manner"....he always managed to make me feel stupid and inadequate. (Joey too)
Maybe that is abuse of a different kind? emotional? I dont think he even realizes he does it. He doesnt say anything in a mean spirited way. I dont know. But that isnt the main problem.
I have just realized that I am happier away from him. I talked at length to Joey about it and he was ok with it. He said he could tell that his dad makes me nervous and said he makes him nervous too. *sigh

So that is the long and short of it.

PS I wont be asking anyone to call my boyfriends.! bwahahahah!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:26 pm

And all this time I thought you were just booty calls for each other when he was back from Alaska. And there isn't anything wrong with that, either. affraid

I have those guilt feelings too about the whole family thing, too. Only you know what is best for you.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Kudos to you for doing what makes YOU happiest, you owe that to yourself. It takes a very smart woman to realize that it's time to move on.

Best of luck to you, we're here if you need us.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Rosie.....I am proud of ya. Being alone is a way better option than being with someone that doesn't make you feel as good as you do when you are alone....kwim?

One of the reasons why I am happy with my relationship with Tim is I get the best of both worlds....my alone time and my together time. I don't think I could ever be 100% together again, this holiday season about killed me.

Even if Joe didn't have any intent, the fact that you felt negatively about yourself around him is enough to call it quits. That kind of stuff can beat you up.

And, at least I don't need to read about those damn king crab legs anymore. Man, that burned. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:53 am

PS I wont be asking anyone to call my boyfriends.! bwahahahah!

Got a number ???

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

I know you loved him. We were on that board long enough to know he was your true love. It's sad but you're smart.

You are lucky you know that ??? You can take care of yourself, your son.

One day another may come into your life if that's what you want. I admire you.

You see the writing, you don't feel sorry for yourself. You do what you have to do.

Unlike someone we know.

Be happy Girl. I love you
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:36 am

Emily wrote:
And all this time I thought you were just booty calls for each other when he was back from Alaska. " >>>>

weeeelll............there was a bit of hanky panky
! Laughing

I have those guilt feelings too about the whole family thing, too. Only you know what is best for you.

That is a rough thing, isnt it? *sigh

But I want you all to know I am fine with it all! But I know you are all here for me
!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 am

Yes Joe was my true love. We have known each other for 34 yrs. Been together alot of those years too.

I SO am not interested in a boyfriend. I really love being alone.

as for the booty calls, I suppose I could put a muzzle on him and have a quickie! LOL
Actually, I am really not very interested in sex either.
I really dont know if that is JOE or if I just need to meet someone who trips my trigger.
But I really dont care enough about it to find out bwaahahaha.
The thought of the "dating game" is NOT for me.

And, at least I don't need to read about those damn king crab legs anymore. Man, that burned.

heehee I guess I wont tell ya about the scallops in the freezer. <<running for cover>>
Seriously, though, they are not tha big a deal, not like those crab legs.
and those puppies are gone! Gone I tell ya!!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:09 am

Evil or Very Mad

Man. That was cold. Just Dang.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:11 am

they dont call me "wicked" for nothing bwahaha!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 am

Rosie wrote:
they dont call me "wicked" for nothing bwahaha!

So does Joe do the Deadliest Catch kind of crabbing? I never tasted a crab...bleh!

I've cleaned enough blue claw to not even wanna go there. Nasty.

Oops, damb I'm morphing into "that Canadian" bwahahaha!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:21 am

Oops, damb I'm morphing into "that Canadian" bwahahaha!!!!!!![/quote]

Never in your wildest dreams will you morph into that Canadian....
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 am

Damb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love King Crab. Sigh. Ms. Wicked.........you are a bad bad girly! hehe
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:58 am

Damb

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Joe doesnt do any fishing at all.

He is a mechanic for the boats when they are in the shipyard and for the HUGE refrigerators they store the catch in.

He says that fishing stuff is for a much younger man than he.

but he is in just the right place to get the good stuff. He gets their price on it and it ships it back here.

DAMB! (I had to say it!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As long as we are all confessing....   As long as we are all confessing.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As long as we are all confessing....
Page 1 of 1