Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would Anyone Be Up For This?

Go down 
+2
Debu
Emily
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Would Anyone Be Up For This? Empty
PostSubject: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:43 am

I picked up a book yesterday about eating and being healthy and this guy makes some sense. His name is Paul McKenna and the name of his book is "I Can Make You Thin."

It's not a thick book and it's easy to read and he has four golden rules to make yourself thin without dieting. He has a hypnosis CD at the back of the book which he says to listen to for about 30 minutes per day.

I made myself a huge bowl of spumoni ice cream and ate it while I was reading. Smile

His four golden rules:
When you are hungry, EAT.
Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful.
When you think you are full, STOP eating.

Hunger scale:
1 - Physically faint
2 - Ravenous
3 - Fairly hungry
4 - Slightly hungry
5 - Neutral
6 - Pleasantly satisfied
7 - Full
8 - Stuffed
9 - Bloated
10 - Nauseous

He says to eat when you feel you are at 3 or 4.

I know that when I eat slowly (I normally just shovel food in without really tasting it) and enjoy every bite, I do much better.

I got my book at Barnes and Noble and it was on sale for $16.00. I had really stopped buying any books related to dieting but this one caught my eye. He actually had a program on TLC about a year ago and we started to watch it but had to stop because it was time to eat.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:49 am

I saw that he had a show, I didn't watch it at the time, cuz I didn't feel like losing weight. hehe. Makes sense tho.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:01 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Emily I swear !!!!

Have you listened to the hypnosis CD ???

On another diet note. I did try those Hoodia pills. YES they do work. They kill the hunger without the speedy heart and no jitters. I swear it does help.

I only took them to make Glenn happy and got a shock. For real.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:10 am

I don't get hungry all that often. I eat because I prepare food and think I should eat it. IF I just eat when I am hungry. Oh well. Hoodia, eh? I was thinking about it, but with my High Blood Pressure, I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:16 am

Hoodia? I've seen it but if it takes away the hunger, I might just have to try that.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:25 am

We have been doing weight watchers ...me online and Russell keeps his diary since March of last year. So far we've lost about 40lbs. each. So I think I'll stick with that for now. But I also take dexatrim to keep the hunger away.
But good luck to all of you ...We have sort of gotten into a rut of eating and for us that's what works best. We do eat a 6 in. sub everyday for lunch and I keep those packages of 100 calorie cheetos and other snacks that are packaged in bags of 100 calories. It's easier to use them than weighing out 1 ounce everytime I want some. And they don't get stale once it's opened cause I eat them all. flower
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:37 am

Holy cow Mable! That is AWESOME! I am so proud of you. WAY TO GO!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:39 am

Wow is right Mable! That is great. I've thought about trying Weight Watchers but I can never seem to manage the rigidity of it all. Tried the shakes too - ick.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:42 am

I second that Shorty !!! WOO HOO !!!

I have got to get those chips. Jonathan is a chip eater big time.

I swear that Hoodia works. I don't even take the recommended dosage. You're supposed to take 3 in the morning with water, three at around 3. I take 2 each time. I was afraid it would make my legs hurt or my heart beat fast or feel kind of running in the same place. None of that happened.

My appetite just got reduced. You still feel hungry only you don't have that nagging hunger or hunger pangs. I'm shocked. I thought it was a crock. 3 days taking it now, no side effects.

Now I have to spoil the diet mood and tell ya'll what I cooked today.

I had a half ribeye roast and some ground beef. I cut the roast into little pieces and browned the ground meat. In my multi cooker on 200 degrees I added the roast chips, browned ground beef, one cup of water, a bottle of regular barbeque sauce, salt, black pepper and a little red pepper.

In under 2 hours I had barbeque roast beef/meat so tender I cut it with a spoon.

It was so good, so simple so quick. My peeps LOVED it.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 am

that book sounds good... I like his rules.

I have heard so many times that when a person thinks and thinks constantly about how much and what they are eating, it tends to make you end up failing.

I am still following this diabetic diet ok not as well as I should but I have been VERY VERY GOOD this whole year so far bwahahaa!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 am

Emily wrote:
Wow is right Mable! That is great. I've thought about trying Weight Watchers but I can never seem to manage the rigidity of it all. Tried the shakes too - ick.
Actually I went on WW way back in 1972 and it was a rigid thing then but now everything has points and you are allowed a certain number of points a day. The reason I joined online is I hate going to meetings with a bunch of people. I can go online and put down what I eat in the morning and it has the points. Of course it takes some planning ahead. But once you get your favorite foods established you got it made. If I want to eat all my points in something really bad I can. I just have to eat no point foods the rest of the day. And there are lots of them ...Most veggies are zero points.
I think you can go online and try it for a week and if you don't like it then cancel it. That's what I did. I actually tried it in Jan of last year but didn't really want to pay so I cancelled it thinking I could do it on my own. By March I had gained 8 lbs eating what I wanted so I rejoined .
Russell goes around letting everybody know he's lost weight but I don't talk about my being on it unless it's here or to one other friend.
But what ever works for each person is the way to do it I think. flower
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 am

Good for you Rosie !!!

Ya know what really ticks me off ???

Having a naturally thin husband. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:25 am

I had a hot dog for lunch. Cooking red beans to eat throughout the week, cuz that is still better than my preferred fast food choices, and cheaper too. We are having that lentil soup tonight for dinner.

I quit smoking FOR REAL yesterday, so I didn't want to go too crazy with dieting, but wanted to eat cheaper and healthier. I also bought some fresh veggies to nibble on, zucchini, radishes and carrots. I am going to try to stay in for lunch at work, so I don't get tempted to buy a pack, and I save gas too.

Next week I start exercise. Can't do too much all at once. And on that note I am having a scoop of tahitian vanilla bean gelato with fresh black berries for dessert. geek
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 am

I noticed something today after I ate lunch of grilled ham and cheese and some grapefruit that within 30 minutes I felt hungry again. I ate very slowly, took small bites and didn't even eat everything I had.

I'm wondering if it is really hunger that I am feeling or if it is something else. Maybe that's why I'm fat - I don't really know what hungry feels like.

I do like that grapefruit. I never buy fresh grapefruit anymore because I make such a mess of it and myself. I bought Del Monte red grapefruit in lite syrup that's already cut up and sweetened just enough that it's not too sweet. I'm sure it's probably better to eat fresh but this is pretty darn close and each little cup has 60 calories. It was yummy!

I'm gonna try this for awhile and see what happens.

Oh, and I finally got my Christmas present - Dan got me a Nintendo Wii fit pack (I was going to get a weight set but the Wii looks like a lot more fun). He bought it off E-Bay so it should be here sometime this week. I think it's going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:56 am

I have been told from my buddies that the Wii is really cool. I just started craving grapefruit for the last year, I used to hate it. They have a mondo bag on sale at Kroger, but I don't want to bring em to work, so I didn't get it. I keep thinking about it tho. I could have sliced them like oranges, eh?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:02 am

Can you eat it without sugar? I really don't like fruit that is super sweet and even when I eat fresh grapefruit, I don't put a whole lot of sugar on it but otherwise it's just too tart without some sweet.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:15 am

Sometimes a little brown sugar, but mostly plain.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 am

Debu wrote:

There was a story on AOL today about grapefruit being a diet aid. Have you ever tried it with Splenda. I've always preferred salt on grapefruit. When I eat it tho my teeth get really sensitive. All that acid I guess eats away at the enamel .
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 am

I quit smoking FOR REAL yesterday, so I didn't want to go too crazy with dieting, but wanted to eat cheaper and healthier. I also bought some fresh veggies to nibble on, zucchini, radishes and carrots. I am going to try to stay in for lunch at work, so I don't get tempted to buy a pack, and I save gas too.

Oh my! Will Tim's mom manage ok? ha ha!

You guys are so great, I'm gonna cheerlead ya to death! I wrote a whole thing in response to the Hoodia and Weight Watchers and then deleted it. Funny as I read this later, Mable said exactly what I wrote about what works for YOU is the best. And I totally agree that being HEALTHY is the most important thing, not just losing weight. I also wondered how Rosie is dealing with the diabetes.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:31 am

Debu wrote:

I bet brown sugar on it then put it under the broiler would be good. I've seen somewhere they had it like that.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 am

Did you girls know graham crackers will ease hunger ???

And Em the Wii ??? EVERYONE I know that owns one LOVES it. They say you forget you're exercising and get carried away. Sore spots from playing too much.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:43 am

[quote="Shelia"]Did you girls know graham crackers will ease hunger ???

I love the low far Cinnamon Grahams. One sheet is one point. With a glass of low fat vanilla soy it hits the spot.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:54 am

OH YEAH. My house always has graham crackers.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:20 am

I love cinnamon graham crackers. Yeah, with Mom still in the hospital, and Dad dead of Lung Cancer, I figger I better quit while I am ahead. Get it??
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:39 am

I wish you luck Deb.

I hope it's easy for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Anyone Be Up For This?   Would Anyone Be Up For This? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Anyone Be Up For This?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: