Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did

Go down 
+2
Emily
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did Empty
PostSubject: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:42 am

He knows about Jonathan and I doing the weight off thing.

He also knows I'm a lot older than the kid, DUH, so of course my metabolism ain't what it used to be.

Poor thing, he wants to help me. He went shopping and bought a new scale. Our old one had to be 15 years old, still worked but old.

Then he gets me some Hoodia pills. He says he saw it on tv and he just knows it will help because IT'S MADE FOR WOMEN.

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

I didn't have the heart to tell him he wasted his money. He doesn't know the rules we set up for each other, he thinks I need the extra help.

I love that man. He will do anything to help me.

Another thing, he chose today of all days, the day I do sheets, bedspreads, comforters, rugs and regular laundry to decide he wants to shop for drapes.

I already made curtains for 3 rooms. I have curtains in progress going on for the dining room. HE decides he wants thick heavy drapes for the bedroom and living room.

He says he's on a mission. HEP ME LAWD. The man is color blind. There is no telling what he'll come back with.

If it's REALLY bad, I'll take a pic to show you all.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 am

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Men are so funny. That man loves you to death, doesn't he?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:25 am

Poor thing. He got the short end of the stick.

I can't wait till he comes home. I'm surprised he hasn't called. He knows nothing about buying the hardware needed to hang the drapes.

OH OH, he told Jonathan of his drape plans.

Conspiring against the mother. That's a big no no.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:27 am

How great is that...he loves you enough to help you with things in and around the house. Russell has just in the last few years gotten to where he really helps out inside. Before that he was working full time and out of town most of that time. Really it's just been since we have my Daddy here to take care of that he's really started helping inside. But take all you can get and if the drapes are awful just sorta slip them back where they came from and exchange them. Maybe he'll surprise you with his choices.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:29 am

[quote="Shelia"]Poor thing. He got the short end of the stick.

I can't wait till he comes home. I'm surprised he hasn't called. He knows nothing about buying the hardware needed to hang the drapes.

There are people there to help with that . They're more than glad to get a big sale like that. like I said before maybe he'll completely surprise you with his choices of drapes.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:38 am

Hope he's not color blind like someone I know! There are some "blues" on the colorscale that DON'T go with other "blues".

I told you all about the master bath when I moved in here....pink tile! The master bedroom was blue and the bath was a different blue. Ugly AS hell. Plus it had a 3rd blue border trim along the ceiling. I painted the bath white (can't do anything about the tile) but the bedroom is now blue that works better. Heavy frigging drapes, no light in the bedroom...I call it the cave.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:38 am

I am hoping for pictures!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:55 am

Pictures!! I gotta see this!

but ya never know he just might surprise ya with some fantastic ones!!!

You got a keeper there, CB!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:48 am

He just left to get another rod. He messed up on one.

Did I ever tell ya'll about the time he went shopping alone for dress shirts and came back with 5 of the same print just different colors ???

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Okay it's not THAT bad.

He bought no valances. I can deal with that later.

He actually bought some nice ones.

The living room is a buttery kind of tan. Something I can work with. At least it matches the furniture.

For the bedroom he bought a multi colored beige tapestry. Very nice. I said something about it looking like fine home furnishings and he said it's sorta like fine dining.

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Okay that was so wrong.

Then he decided he liked that pattern so much he'd like it in the dining area. O KAY.
There go my hard worked on pair. That's okay, I can use them for something else.

I have the batteries charging in the camera. I'll have a pic or two up tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:43 am

OMG

I'm just a goofy child.

I charged the batteries but the camera didn't work.

I put them in the charger wrong.

Good Lawd.

Trying again.

One thing I forgot to tell ya'll. JC Penney's has all their bedding and curtains on sale.

Buy one panel get one free. These are not lined panels but the fabric is so thick and heavy they block out most if not all of the sun. Well worth the price. I couldn't make them any better or cheaper. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:29 am

way to go Glenn!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:33 am

You're pics are worth the wait. Did I tell you how much I love your floors? Razz
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 am

Thank you.

Want to know a secret ??? They are very hard to take care of. Dirt gets in the grooves so it doesn't sweep well.

In a year or two we'll probably cover them. I want vinyl flooring. I will never have tile of any kind ever again. And no wood floors either. Not with the cats.

I'm about ease of cleaning, I don't care if it's not the latest "thing" to have.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:33 am

I told Tim I wanted linoleum. He thought I was insane. Hell of alot cheaper to repair than wood or tile, or carpet! Plus, it is a good "Green" choice.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am

Debu wrote:
I told Tim I wanted linoleum. He thought I was insane. Hell of alot cheaper to repair than wood or tile, or carpet! Plus, it is a good "Green" choice.

I like linoleum too, I just thought the concrete was cool. It's green too I would think. But no, if it has grout lines it can be a pain in the butt. Couldn't you have concrete without the seams? I'm babbling....
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 am

hummer wrote:
Debu wrote:

I like linoleum too, I just thought the concrete was cool. It's green too I would think. But no, if it has grout lines it can be a pain in the butt. Couldn't you have concrete without the seams? I'm babbling....

I've seen concrete that has been painted and you couldn't tell it wasn't either tile or some kind of floor covering.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:18 am

I like concrete too. Cheap and easy. That be me. HAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Not only can you get it smooth but they make some kind of caulk to fill in the grooves.

I want vinyl. It washes well, it mops well and Glenn bought so many swiffer wet floor things I need to use them. They are a waste on the concrete.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 am

BWAHAHAHA !!!!

My picture won't post. It says I have too many pixels. confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did   Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let me tell ya'll what Glenn did
Page 1 of 1