Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PETA People are insane

Go down 
+2
Maboe Shortt
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

PETA People are insane Empty
PostSubject: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:19 am

BATON ROUGE -- Chickens have feelings, too. And unappreciated brains.

That's the message delivered Wednesday to Gov. Bobby Jindal by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as the group suggested that Louisiana use state funds to turn a closing Pilgrim's Pride poultry processing plant in Farmerville into a "Chicken Empathy Museum."

"The museum could feature exhibits such as video footage from research . . . showing how smart chickens are," the group wrote in a letter to Jindal. "The Chicken Empathy Museum will have educational displays that highlight interesting facts about chickens, including that chickens are intelligent animals with mental abilities comparable to cats, dogs and even primates."

PETA, known for its publicity stunts to attract attention to its vegetarian and anti-fur agenda, keyed into Jindal's offer to spend $20 million in state money to assist another company attempting to buy the north Louisiana plant from Pilgrim's Pride, which is in bankruptcy and reducing operations. The closing will put 1,300 people out of work.

Jindal said no to PETA's offer to use its funds along with state money to turn the plant into a "monument to compassion" honoring the barnyard fowl for its intellectual and social qualities rather than as a food.

"This issue is about the future of our people. Not chickens," Jindal said. "I'm from Louisiana. We think of the chicken first and foremost as an eating animal. I think this is a lot of squawking about nothing."

PETA suggested a restaurant at the museum serving "heart-friendly and delicious faux-chicken nuggets and a gift shop that could provide free plush chickens for kids, with tags reading, 'I am not a nugget!'

"Outside the museum, children could clamber through a preserved chicken-transport truck to experience how cramped and uncomfortable the trucks are," PETA

That plant in Farmerville decided to close at a moments notice. I felt so bad the night the local news showed the town hall meeting where the plant told it's workers and all involved they were closing. The look on their faces was total shock. Some were crying, some were very angry. That parish survived because of that plant. It's a poor parish and now most of the people there will suffer economic hardships like you would not believe. What's in Farmerville ?? Chicken plant and chicken farms. That is it.

The company is claiming bankruptcy but word is they are pulling up stakes to go to Mexico. Glenn has been working near a chicken farm over there and the guy that owns it says he's in the hole for $30,000 because of the move. That's just his gas bill for last month. Shocked His contract for chickens will not be honored, Pilgrim's Pride is using the bankruptcy to get out of paying their contract debts. It's a financial nightmare for everyone in that town.

Now PETA comes along and suggests this loon crap. What about the 1300 people losing their jobs ?? PETA wants THEM to voluntarily staff the museum. OMG, how stupid and insulting.

Help me Lawd.

PETA People are insane ICONATOR_18f2025a41a864b3fd232171fc801c43

"The PETA letter, signed by the group's executive vice president Tracy Reiman, ended with a request to Jindal to "please contact me so that we can begin the planning process."

If it were up to PETA we'd all be sucking dirt off of a rock for food.

If I had money I'd open a restaurant in Farmerville, cook only MEAT and give it away for free. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 am

I don't know what I'd do if one of those peta people confronted me...they're so stupid. They just need to get a life. I think they and the hard core vegans are the same. Saw one on that trading spaces or spouses one night and she was disgusting. She went to Louisana to preach her veganisms. That's where the woman was from she traded places with. She was disgusting...They made her help with a pig roast...putting the rod thru the hogs mouth then out his bunghole...That was funny.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:48 am

to the pic of that chicken----->>>>> Yes you are a nugget so get over it already!

Those people are pains in the butts.

There is a chicken processing plant south of here and the PETA people are always there causing some trouble or another.

I am a carnivore and proud of it! alien
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:53 am

I got into an argument with a friend of mine, a moonbat friend, that told me I should care if my "meat" was happy before it became my dinner. I said no. I said I would feel bad if I knew it had a happy life before it got killed and ended up on my grill. Now, that being said, I am not endorsing cruelty to animals, but I really don't care what goes on in a chicken farm, as long as the animals are treated in such a way that I will not get sick from eating them. IE: No poo in their food, and no hormones please. Duh.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:56 am

Was that the swap where the family hunted and the other woman forced her family to be veeeeeegans ??

What's with this veeeeegan crap. It sounds so radical. And they LOVE to announce just how crazed they are too. No stove ???

She said if you studied and stared at the the sunrise you could stop world hunger ???

Gawd what a nut. Her place was filthy. Sleeping on the floor, meditating nekkid ??

Spent her days handing out PETA flyers and crying ???

Moonbats are depressive people. They think they can solve the world ills but they can't. It stops them from being happy and then they end up staying medicated, isolated, thinking crazy unhealthy thoughts.

Damn, that describes the Democratic Underground. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:59 am

I dont get their thinking on this...I dont endorse animal cruelty either but why would I even think about their happiness? If that is how I must feel ..then I prefer to think the chicken had a shitty life and I helped to take him away from his distress. His life wasnt given in vain. Stupid thinking, I know but they put you on the spot.

In the same train of thought .......vegetables are living things ...maybe they dont want to be cut up and chopped and mashed and boiled, either. I bet they are pissed too.

Seriously, I dont think of my food one way or the other. It has always just been there and we must eat.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:01 am

bunghole>>>>

Mable I have never heard anyone but my dad use that word!!!!! LOL

I saw the Wife Swap you all are talking about.
What a nutjob that vegan was.

she needed medication.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:07 am

I think that was the one...The one I watched last night was crazy too...she was just sorry...didn't do a thing when she went to the Doctors house but lay around and sleep and swim...
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:10 am

Rosie wrote:
I dont get their thinking on this...I dont endorse animal cruelty either but why would I even think about their happiness? If that is how I must feel ..then I prefer to think the chicken had a shitty life and I helped to take him away from his distress. His life wasnt given in vain. Stupid thinking, I know but they put you on the spot.

In the same train of thought .......vegetables are living things ...maybe they dont want to be cut up and chopped and mashed and boiled, either. I bet they are pissed too.

Seriously, I dont think of my food one way or the other. It has always just been there and we must eat.

If we think about things like that what about the stuff we eat raw...like veggies. WE eat raw veggies every day ...and I think there is nothing better than to be able to pull an ear of corn off the stalk and eat it right there. It's tender and sweet ...and better for you ...
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:18 am

Ya'll are so funny! I get a lot of sideways looks from my co-worker when I sit here and giggle at these posts.

Yep PETA is chock full of nuts and vegans are too! My friend the vegitarian has to take "supplements" to replace the vitamins and minerals she doesn't get in her diet.

Well, DUH !
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:24 am

And even with taking all the suppliments they still don't really get what they need. They're so bad they won't wear anything wool but will wear cotton...both things were growing at one time. I think they're just screwed up in the head. What about the people who can't eat the nuts and stuff they say we're supposed to eat rather than meat for protein...I guess the real vegans don't eat fish either do they...
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:42 am

Quote :
I think this is a lot of squawking about nothing."

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PETA People are insane   PETA People are insane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PETA People are insane
Page 1 of 1