Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I gotta tell ya'll this

Go down 
+2
hummer
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

I gotta tell ya'll this Empty
PostSubject: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:51 am

It's about when Jonathan went to jail.

The correction center is set up to scam money from phone calls. You have to purchase minutes, a minimum of $100 to make collect calls. You get 70 minutes worth of phone for that amount. Local calls are free. LOTS of people are there from outside of Ouachita parish.

Most people can't afford it so they sit in jail not being able to communicate with anyone but a lawyer, IF you get one within a week.

When someone leaves, they beg you for your stuff because after they first give you your first soap, toothpaste, toilet paper so on, you have to purchase the rest your own. To do that someone has to send money to your account in the canteen. You are not allowed money, it goes on the books. From there you buy what you need or extra snacks and things. Jonathan traded overalls with someone because there's were old and he couldn't get another one. He passed out all his personal stuff.

If you can't call anyone to get money, you do without.

When Jonathan got out, he had a list of numbers and messages. About 7 of them asked him to call home to let someone know what they needed and what was going on.

What's so funny is that Jonathan called every single person on that list.

Do you know they all thanked him ???

Come on now, he could have just thrown the paper away but he didn't.

Something else I wanted ya'll to know, Ashley got her federal tax refund taken and she doesn't know it. She owed money from claiming Jonathan last year when she wasn't allowed to and the IRS caught it. They sent the letter to our old address and it came here.

When Jonathan called them they said it only involved her social security number, not his and since they couldn't reach her they took her new refund.

OOOOPS.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:55 am

Shelia, you have a good son. 7 families.....
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 am

Two things: 1. I am proud of Jonathan for being such a stand-up dude.

and 2. I am glad to hear it ain't all that easy in the big house.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:22 am

Hummer I swear the boy has good in him.

5 of those men on the list were there for traffic warrants. The other 2 I don't know but I think it was for drugs.

One was worried about his wife not getting their tax refund, had a small baby, one wanted his mother to send him some money, one wanted his family to know where he was.

I mean it was just simple little things.

I have no knowledge of jail. None.

Jonathan comes out and says Mom, not everyone in jail is "bad". He says some people just make the wrong choice and get in trouble. It happens and unless you have someone there for you it's sink or swim and most sink. The boy does appreciate his father. That I know.

All I know is he did something nice and it makes me feel good about him.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:44 am

You do have a great son, Mom! You should be proud of him. You know, I bet Jonathan never ever gets in trouble again. Those three days were probably enough for him. I do believe that some people who end up in jail shouldn't be there. I think it would have been the smell that would get to me.

And - that is hilarious about Ashley and that tax refund. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than her. And she's probably just waiting for that check to come.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:50 am

It makes me feel good to read that he did what he did. Who knows maybe all his problems happened for that reason. So he could see for himself and tell you all about what did happen in jail. Shelia you can be very proud of that young man you've raised. Bless him and you and Glenn too...

That's one reason I like watching Dog the Bounty Hunter ...he sees things like that and he does show compassion for the people he picks up. He always makes sure the people he puts in jail have a drink and nothing on them they don't want to go to jail with.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 am

Thank God for people like Jonathan! It warms my heart hearing that he did that! You raised a fine young man!

I have to agree --not all people in jail are "bad". Sometimes things just get away for some people and they end up in trouble.

I am certain those families of the 7 guys were so grateful and thankful to hear from Jonathan. Not only are the inmates suffering without hearing from their families, so are those on the outside who dont know what is going on with their loved one on the inside.

We have had problems here with the jail phone system. They got rid of one company and got another. I don t really know the exact details but it was the same thing--horrendous charges, etc. I think that is terrible. So the people in there did wrong, it shouldnt cost a million bucks to make a call.

70 min for a hundred dollars?????
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 am

Yep, it's the biggest money making scam I've ever seen. If you want to talk you have to pay.

Thanks ya'll. For real, he is not a bad kid. I think they were both toxic and what happened happened. He can't undo it but I know he learned from it.

SPANK to Ashley. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 am

Shelia wrote:
Yep, it's the biggest money making scam I've ever seen. If you want to talk you have to pay.

Thanks ya'll. For real, he is not a bad kid. I think they were both toxic and what happened happened. He can't undo it but I know he learned from it.

Yeah big time spanking
Maybe with any justice at all she'll get the opportunity to spend time in jail so she can see what happens to people like her who mess with our boys .She needs her eyes opened . Probably won't ever happen tho. Maybe she'll have to pay for all that free stuff she got before and then tried to back out of it. She'll get hers one day hopefully.
A bad kid wouldn't be living at home trying to get his life straightened out...He's a keeper.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 am

Shelia wrote:

Like I told y'all - when Bill and I were going through our divorce, there was a lot of slapping and hitting going on and a whole lot of anger and the hitting was from me. I sometimes can't believe that was me because I don't think that's who I am.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:21 am

Emily, I hear ya. I took a lot of abuse from my ex, mental and physical. I never should have stayed but I thought I could fix it. Once, I was getting a good berating and knew how it would end and I snapped. Put a screwdriver in his back. It didn't do much damage but it woke us both up to some hard facts. I knew I could loose control and he realized I'd fight back. I really understood then what my dad tried to tell me about emotions and restraint. The physical stuff pretty much stopped after that and it was still early in the marriage, plenty of emotional abuse left but I think it made me stronger as a person. Not for staying, but for knowing who I am as a person. It certainly taught me that no matter what ugly things were thrown at me verbally, I had it in me to know I was a good person and that the issues weren't mine.

Did that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:37 am

It makes very good sense. I learn so much from all of you. Again I am so glad to be a part of this group.
In 49 years of marriage I've never had any abuse to deal with I felt like I was liberated when I got married because I didn't have to ask to talk to anyone or go visit with anyone. Even after I was married my Mama tried to tell me what to do all the time and what to wear. I just had such an unhappy child hood that I was determined to not have an unhappy marriage too. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 am

I am so glad you never had to deal with that kind of thing Mable and it sounds like you surely have a very strong marriage!

Joe was (and still is) somewhat emotionally abusive. I couldnt do a thing right (AKA Joe's way) It is his way or you are dumb and stupid.

When I "discovered" (a la Joe) that I didnt know how to brush my teeth correctly, I took a deep breath and realized it was the end. I had had enough.

Why I gave him a second and third chance, I will never know.
It feels really good not to be with him anymore although we still talk alot.

Joe and I have never emotionally divorced and therein lies the problem.

I am working on it but I dont think he is. I really dont think he even knows what it means.

And he has a girlfriend. Fucker didnt take long, did he?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:57 am

Yes Hummer it does make sense. Very much so.

If Jonathan had treated her bad I could understand but he didn't. It was Ashley's way or no way.

The way those two spoke to each other, the way they ran their house, the disrespect they had for everything including money, led to where they are now. Above everything else you have to have respect for each other.

For Ashley, abuse was not part of that marriage.

She went when and where she wanted at all times of the day and night, spent like no tomorrow, never did a lick of housework, never cooked, that right there tells you he overlooked anything she did including being whacked out on pills. Regularly. Truth, how he put up with all that was beyond me. She told me it wasn't the 50s. If he wanted those things done he should hire a maid. What a slap to the face for me.

It's all a shame. I loved that girl, Glenn loved her, Jonathan loved her. He said she changed. Had things in her past she never let go of and brought those insecurities into the marriage. It was bound to fail. I never dreamed it would end the way it did.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 am

Well sweet Rosie, it's time YOU get on with life and cut that last thread.

Be happy girl. If you want someone, fine. If not, fine.

Just be happy.

I admire you. I've become dependant on my husband. I couldn't do for myself if I had to but you have that done.

Take some time for yourself once in a while okay ?? I love you
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 am

Makes perfect sense to me, Humms. Bill and I were just too young and I was so insecure but I really had reason to be before we were married but he always sweet-talked his way out of everything or told me I was the one with the problem if I didn't trust him. With me it was all intuition. When that intuition alarm went off, I was determined to find out the facts and I did.

After Bill and I got divorced I loved my independence when I never thought I could be by myself. After awhile, it was the best thing ever! I was skinny, 29, and felt as good about myself as I ever did in my life. Yes maam - I had fun.

Then I met Dan and I have tried really hard not to become dependent on him but I have. But it's all good because there's none of that bad emotional/verbal abuse at all. I'm very lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I gotta tell ya'll this   I gotta tell ya'll this I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I gotta tell ya'll this
Page 1 of 1