Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Post Office

Go down 
+2
hummer
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:46 am

Our postal person left us a note on an official post office envelope saying we could no longer get our mail at our mailbox in front of our house.

Inside were 3 keys and numbers to some postal boxes that were installed at the end of our road. It stated they would start putting mail there after the 13th.

Now why the hell didn't they tell us that BEFORE we bought a mailbox. Mailboxes are not cheap. We were not told when we moved here those other boxes were for us to use.

This makes me mad because it's for the post office's convenience, nothing more.

It is dangerous to park on the road to check your mail, it's located on a corner, no room to even park. You cannot access it like a drive up thing because it's on the right side of the road so you have to find a place to park, go around the car then get the mail.

I'm telling ya'll it's pure bullshit.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:48 am

Shelia wrote:
Our postal person left us a note on an official post office envelope saying we could no longer get our mail at our mailbox in front of our house.

Inside were 3 keys and numbers to some postal boxes that were installed at the end of our road. It stated they would start putting mail there after the 13th.

Now why the hell didn't they tell us that BEFORE we bought a mailbox. Mailboxes are not cheap. We were not told when we moved here those other boxes were for us to use.

This makes me mad because it's for the post office's convenience, nothing more.

It is dangerous to park on the road to check your mail, it's located on a corner, no room to even park. You cannot access it like a drive up thing because it's on the right side of the road so you have to find a place to park, go around the car then get the mail.

I'm telling ya'll it's pure bullshit.

Sorry, that IS wrong. Look on the bright side, you'll only have to check it 5 days a week if the PO gets its way.

Let someone get hurt by getting squashed in traffic, have them sue the PO and maybe they'll get it right. Okay, that was nasty but....
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:12 am

I am so afraid someone will take one of us out right there.

I guess we'll see.

Damn, Mike was gonna stucco and paint our mailbox to look like the front of our house.

It would have been so cute.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 am

They have a lot of those around here but ours isn't like that. Drive by one at 6:00 pm in the evening and there are so many cars parked around it and traffic is blocked. It's nuts.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:22 am

mine is like that! LOL

I dont like it at all. I have to get in and out and the box is way down at the front of the complex. Cars are usually lined up down there.

They dont even have an outgoing box. I usually take my mail to my parents and mail it from there.
If I put it in my box here, it may or may not be taken by the postal worker.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:41 am

I asked Glenn about outgoing mail and he said he THINKS they have a box for that.

He told me just to leave the stuff I want to mail on the counter and he'll drop it by the P.O. near his office.

I don't know why they did that. Everyone has their own mailboxes in their yards. Some have them bricked in.

I took a ride a couple of weeks ago to the other side of the golf course where all the rich folks live and they have the central boxes too.

Is it something new they are doing for cost cutting or are they just lazy and don't want to makes numerous stops ??

What happens if you get a package ??? Do they still come to the door or do you get a notice to pick up your package at the P.O. ???

Damn I just hate it.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:47 am

At Pamela's place they have a larger box for packages and they put the key to the large box in your mailbox....huh? Something like that!

Good question. I would be pissed if I had to pick it up at the PO.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Glenn called the Postmaster General to see if they can legally refuse to deliver to our house before we take down our mailbox.

DAMN.

The developers made a deal to install the lock boxes. It was put into the housing contracts ( NOBODY told us ) for the hood to have a "pleasing clean look" whatever the hell that means. The post office in return is not charging any key fees ???? I guess you own it until you move and they change the locks ???

They will bring your packages or other mail that doesn't fit to your home. Unless we sign saying they can leave it, they won't then you have to go and pick it up.

This is just bullshit.

I remember seeing a USPS truck a while back thinking what kind of job do they have ??? DUH, they are putting up and maintaining those boxes in every development.

I won't lie, we are rural here so the postman has to drive all over. I see the good side for them but damn it still ain't right. I'll collect it on my walks from now on I guess.

I should send them a bill for my mailbox. It wasn't fancy or anything but that sucker was $175. What am I gonna do with it ??

I should put the mailbox in the backyard and make a birdhouse out of it. I know they like it, they poop on it constantly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:31 am

Lemons to Lemonade I guess, eh? You should send your development peeps a bill to fill in the hole left. That ain't a clean look, eh?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:03 am

And a bill for the mail box you bought to put out. Since they didn't see fit to tell you about the boxes when you bought the house.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:23 am

That's what we don't get. We're here what 5 months and no one said a word ???

We got mail here everyday, those boxes were there at the corner when we moved in, our neighbors all had really nice boxes so we just went ahead and put one.

Isn't it the stupidest thing I've ever heard of ??

Okay it's no big deal. I'll just walk my big butt over there in the evening and get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Post Office   The Post Office I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Post Office
Page 1 of 1