Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what are you having for dinner??

Go down 
+3
Debu
Emily
Rosie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

Tonight is fend for yourself night. Glenn isn't here, I ain't cooking and Jonathan ate yesterdays leftovers.

I'm doing salad and strawberry yogurt.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 am

Shelia wrote:
Tonight is fend for yourself night. Glenn isn't here, I ain't cooking and Jonathan ate yesterdays leftovers.

I'm doing salad and strawberry yogurt.

How's the weight loss going?

I had Raisen Bran for supper. Again.

My pc is acting up Mad

Kailyn and I eat at the table (when she's here) and Jeff goes into the lving room to eat. It's his room and he's a pig. I eat at my desk. I'm a pig too.

I miss the good ole days when my kids were young and we actually sat around the table.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:48 am

tonight I made that pork loin with mashed taters and a salad

Joey ate in his room and I ate in front of the tv

I am about to have a raspberry yogurt.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

My diet is going well. So well that Jonathan has declared me the winner. He says he can't compete with my weight loss.

Between us, he didn't try.

Now he has to go with me to the place of my choice which was a little trash and treasure barn down the road. I can't help myself. I love digging through junk. I was afraid to go alone so that's why I chose that place in case I won.

If he won't come I've decided I'll ask Glenn to go with me and Jonathan can take me to Hobby Lobby.

I'm feelin' a paint by number coming on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Oh I love trash and treasure places!!!!! When my mom lived in Montana, there was one down the road, that was attached to a diner. They bought all the stuff when the farmers and ranchers would die or move. I have some bee-you-tiful embroidered pillow cases from there, and some awesome cast iron!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Embroidered pillow cases are something you never see any more anywhere. I have some to embroider but just haven't gotten around to doing them.
I have a lot of things like that made by my grandmother with crocheting around the hem of the pillowcases. My Mama kept them starched and ironed...not good for the fabric but since I don't use them I just left the starch in them. I'm almost afraid to wash them because they'd probably fall apart from dry rot.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:52 pm

I actually have a coverlet that my grandmom started and I remember her working on it, when she had a big ole varicose vein removed, I was about 10 or so. She never finished it, and I have it in a bag to finish, since she taught me. One of these days.......
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Back when my Mama was a girl they had sheets that they embroidered to put on their beds for SUNDAY spreads...She had one of them and was going to use it to put leaves on to drag to the street and I grabbed it from her. This was a homemade sheet too. It is muslin with a seam down the middle then embroidered .
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 pm

When I went to Girl Scout Camp, Camp Iti-Kana, Wiggins, MS, my grandmom taught me how to embroider my initials and name on sheets. She said it was way more classy than name tags or magic markers. I still have those sheets. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Know how way back everything was in fabric sacks...like feed sacks...then the sack was sewed across the end to hold the stuff in? well I have a crocheted bedspread made by my grandmothers' step ma (she called her that) She'd saved enough of that string to make squares and then put together to make the bedspread. It was made in the popcorn stitch. Mama bought the spread from her Mama and then when Mama died I got it. No telling how much one would cost today like this. I repaired one once for someone Russell worked with . She'd let her dog chew on it ...it was one her grandmother had made for her.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Mable, that is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:08 am

I love old junk furniture. Not to be confused with antiques. I want some that can be stripped and redone. I have the cutest little girl hutch I bought in Gulfport. It doesn't fit anywhere in here but I'll be damn if I get rid of it. It's 2 pieces. A top book shelf and a bottom with heavy doors. $70 and I was in love. It took me 3 weeks of stripping, sanding, cleaning, repairing and painting to make it beautiful.

I used to love to embroider by hand. When I was pregnant I remember doing roses on pillowcases for my mother.

When I got my new sewing machine I kind of put it to the side. I could do most of it on the machine. I got very lazy.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 am

I try to keep doing things like crocheting and embroidery by hand because my hands ache so much I tell myself that's good for them to keep them moving. I don't use my sewing machine much anymore. I do keep it up so that I can mend things along. I haven't been in the mood to make a garment in a while but I do like my machine where I can get to it.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:51 am

I've been fooling with curtains for weeks now. I get sidetracked mostly by cats.

I found an unfinished shirt I started. I don't remember when I started it.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 am

bump

tonight I made beef tips with mushrooms and onions
now I am not even hungry enough to eat any

probably later
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am

That sounds a heck of alot better than my choices of cereal or cheese. YUM!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:56 am

I've already had my dinner...They were late bringing Daddy home today so we went ahead and ate ours while it was hot. But it was oatmeal and bacon and toasted english muffins...
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 am

Rice Krispies. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what are you having for dinner??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: