Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what are you having for dinner??

Go down 
+3
Debu
Emily
Rosie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Here we just have Lubys. We used to have Furrs, and I think we might have a few. I love cafeteria eating. All those decisions, and you can see your food before you get it! Morrisons, well, they were the bomb.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:58 am

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:01 am

Chicken - we're having chicken. I don't know how I'm going to cook it yet but I'll figure that out later.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:14 am

I just cut a whole chicken, seasoned it with Tony Chachere's and put it in the oven.

Sides of whole kernel corn with rotel tomatoes and chilis mixed in, give it some pop.

Scalloped potatoes I made in the microwave

Some chicken broccoli rice a roni. It's the men's favorite.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 am

Seeing as in the last hour I ate a bag of bbq potato chips and a butterfinger bar, I ain't eating anything for dinner. However, yesterday, I made a new crock pot dish that was yum and good for you. Tim Loves lamb, and we buy it when it is cheap, but usually it is like shoulder cuts and stuff that have lots of bone.

So, in the crock pot I put:

2.5 lbs lamb
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rinsed and drained cannelini beans. (just big ole fat white beans)
Garlic (I dunno)
Oregano (see above)

Cook on low for 8 hours or so.

Pull lamb out, and remove bones. (It falls off at this point.)

Return to crock pot, Then, add 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained, and a bag of fresh spinach, and a splash of lemon juice.

I served with Orzo (small pasta) and we could top with feta cheese. I also picked up a loaf of potato rosemary bread from the Albertsons. OMG. I could eat the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 am

Sheila, corn and rotel. Didn't think about it. I do butter and Jalepenos, canned. I do that with canned corn, frozen and fresh. Tim doesn't like eating off the cob, so I cut it off too.

Oh yeah, and my produce sto opened last week. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:49 am

My produce store had a sign on it today "opening soon" wooT!!

I was going to have a pork tenderloin tonight, but ended up sending Joey out for Chinese carry out.

I guess I will make the loin tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:50 am

Something quick and easy to fix. I'm tired of cooking...We had General Tsos' chicken and field peas and snaps and boiled potatos...Russell has a saying about what to fix for a meal...all it's required to do is make a turd ...tonights meal met those requirements...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:52 am

BWAHAHAHA !!!

Mable your husband reminds me of Glenn.

I think all our men are kind of alike. Is that scary or what ???

Deb, the corn was FANTASTIC. Glenn loved it. The only thing missing ??? A little onion powder. He's right. It would have been perfect. Jonathan ate 2 servings. WOW.

I made that other recipe with the ground beef and cream of mushroom soup. I added mexican velvetta. It was a hit !!! WOO HOO. Next time I'll remember the tater tots.

I have never in my life ever eaten lamb. How does it taste ???

Does it look like a skinned baby lamb leg or whatever ???

I can't eat rabbit. I see rabbit in the plate.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:55 am

Tim and I share something in common. I will not eat corn on the cob. I have to cut it off.

Years ago we used to get fresh corn from my father's friend. I bit into one and it had a worm. A worm that was half in my mouth. Disgusting.

I LOVE corn, I just won't eat it on the cob. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:58 am

I think we had lamb one year at Easter time...Terri was here way back when her husband and Russell were building out deck so it must have been 20 years ago. I don't remember how it tasted but I remember we had mint jelly with it...The mint jelly we had I'd made...just trying to see if I could make it. I think they cooked it on the grill too.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:32 am

I dont like lamb

that is why I dont eat gyros which I heard are really good
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:59 am

I love gyros but do they really have lamb in them? I was going to say I've never had lamb before but maybe I have.
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: Supper   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 am

Whew! That sounds good, Mable...... I could eat cornbread with just about anything. For lunch I had jalapeno cornbread crumbled in red beans, spinach, grapes, almonds. For supper, I'll have a peeled apple. I try my best not to eat supper and then in the mornings, I'm very grateful for my oatmeal and blueberries!
If I can't stand it, then I'll have some Healthy Request chicken or tomato soup with a cornbread muffin.
Believe me, I make up the calories when I go out to eat with my mother and sister!
We love to go to Cajun's, where they have a great variety of vegetables, fried okra, catfish and chicken. It's better that Popyeye's.
Since I'm single, I can control (somewhat) my eating here at home --
Do y'all sit down at the supper table and eat together? Those days are long gone for me! My kitchen table is just for collecting bills and junk!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

We all sit together. We have always done that even when we both were young still living at home with our families.

We are boring as hell. We eat between 5 and 6 every single day unless somebody is late. The kitchen closes at 7 and you better not leave a dirty dish in the sink. Gawd I'm funny about certain things.

Come to my house Percy. I'll cook you some Cajun.

Fresh.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:16 pm

If you like veal, you will like lamb....hahaha! Not really, but kind of. It tastes like a combo between beef and pork and is yummy when cooked right. Not gamey at all and the cholesterol is low.

I am eating pretzel chips in bed and that is my dinner. I prefer to eat on a table, but don't have that luxury at home. When I am at Tim's we eat on TV trays, cuz he doesn't have a dining room table, but if he did, we would.

And the reason Tim doesn't eat corn on the cob is because he has a beard, and doesn't like his hands messy. He doesn't eat ribs either.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:35 pm

I have never eaten a rib either. I don't like how it looks.

If we have company, you can eat wherever you feel like it. I'm not uptight about stuff like that. We don't do fine dining here.

BWAHAHAHA !!!

I have no carpet so you can drop food too.

Very Happy

I personally eat at the table because I spill. My people sit with me because I'm alone. At least that's what they've always told me. Suspect

I am currently wearing grape jelly.

I need to try that gyro thing.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:45 pm

it is hit or miss around here with Joey's schedule as far as eating together.

I am always home at dinner time
if he is, we will eat at the table or sit in front of the TV (something I wouldnt allow when he was growing up and which I really hate to do but I do it anyway)
Sometimes he drags home a buddy and he --or she-- will eat with us.
My bro comes at least once a week and we eat at the table.

otherwise, I eat alone in front of the TV.
I dont mind it either!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:06 pm

I am going to be alone a lot.

Glenn was gone all weekend. He is now headed to Arkansas. A place that does not exist on a map, for a few days.

After that he goes to Texas, Marshall then Dallas.

After that, back to Arksansas.

Why can't one of you live closer to me ???

Doesn't matter where I eat now. It's going to be a very lonely summer.

Oh hell, I need to start crafting again.

He asked me to go but hotel staying ain't my thing. I'll end up cleaning the room myself.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:34 pm

When our kids were home we always ate around the table...tv off and just eating. Russell and I still eat at the table together and Daddy does too...but most of the time I get Daddys on the table and get him situated before Russell and I sit down. Breakfast is eaten at the table by Russell and Daddy but I usually eat mine here at the computer just because I prefer to eat my breakfast leisurely and if I ate at the table I couldn't do that. As far as being a wide awake morning person I'm not one and I don't want to talk a lot so I just sit here and do my eamil and read my sites and have my coffee ...
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Sheila, I ain't that far. You should come with him to Dallas, and we could have a visit! I hear ya tho, I do enjoy my alone time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: Cajun Food   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 am

Man alive, Shelia! I love Cajun food!!
My sister and mother and I are thinking about going to St. Francisville for a day trip. Do you know any good food places there?
The last time we went to The Dinner Bell in McComb, we met a woman who is the tourist guide for St. Francisville, and she told us about the town. I'll be able to take some good pictures, I think. They also have a festival called "The Day the War Ended." I think it's about two hours from Gulfport on Highway 61.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:06 am

I had to look up something on St. Francisville to be sure. I don't remember things like I used to.

The Myrtles. The haunted bed and breakfast. I've seen many shows about it, I find the stories to be honest accounts from people who saw what they saw.

The scenery will take your breath away. Do bring the camera.

http://www.stfrancisvillefestivals.com/

You can't go wrong with the food there. Old time creole/cajun. Authentic. Ask the locals, they know all the good spots.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:31 am

We sit in front of the TV to eat. I threaten sometimes that we will start eating at the table but we never do.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:42 am

Tonight we had left over meat loaf and some more left overs...cleaned out the frig and just fixed our plates...I had enough to add up to 7 points for supper...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are you having for dinner??   what are you having for dinner?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what are you having for dinner??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: