Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Check this out !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Check this out !!! Empty
PostSubject: Check this out !!!   Check this out !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 pm

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Scientists are closely monitoring more than 250 small earthquakes that have occurred in Yellowstone National Park since Friday.

Swarms of small earthquakes happen frequently in Yellowstone. But Robert Smith, a professor of geophysics at the University of Utah, says it’s very unusual to have so many over several days.

The largest tremor was Saturday and measured magnitude 3.8.

Smith says it’s hard to say what might be causing the tremors but notes that Yellowstone is very geologically active.

You know, of all the places in the world, that's the place I so want to visit. I imagine getting an RV and riding up there spending 2-3 weeks. Glenn's keen on it too.

If we ever get the time or money we're going. Anyone else ???

Let's hope it don't blow before we get there.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Check this out !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check this out !!!   Check this out !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Dan wants to go there, too!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Check this out !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check this out !!!   Check this out !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 pm

When I was 16, and my bro was 13, my g-parents took us on a 6-week road trip in a Buick LeSabre. From Mississippi up to Canada, to Glacier National Park, and back. We went there and it was gorgeous. I wish I hadn't been such a snotty teenager then, I woulda enjoyed it more. Yellowstone is bee-you-tiful, but I wouldn't live near there for nothing!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Check this out !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check this out !!!   Check this out !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:24 am

Emily wrote:
Dan wants to go there, too!

I think we've found our meeting place!

Jeff took me there before we were married....in 1998 or 99. We spent 3 days, it was the most remarkable site I've ever visited. One thing, I was driving and there was a buffalo lying in the road. I went by reallllly slowly and verrrrry close, I could have touch it if I had my window down.

If that thing blows we'll all be dead!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Check this out !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check this out !!!   Check this out !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check this out !!!
Page 1 of 1