Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meet Barack and Michelle Obama

Go down 
+2
Maboe Shortt
Emily
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Meet Barack and Michelle Obama Empty
PostSubject: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 am

We have a couple of hawks that fly around our house and they are huge. I saw one this morning and went to grab my camera and there were two of them. Apparently hawks do couple and mate for life.

So in honor of today, I have named them Michelle and Barack. For hawks, the female is larger than the male.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

Emily wrote:
We have a couple of hawks that fly around our house and they are huge. I saw one this morning and went to grab my camera and there were two of them. Apparently hawks do couple and mate for life.

So in honor of today, I have named them Michelle and Barack. For hawks, the female is larger than the male.
Russell said that she is taller than said she must be 6 ft tall...She shore ain't purty at all...
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 am

Let me see if I can figure out how to get this picture uploaded. Grrrrrrrrrrr![url]Meet Barack and Michelle Obama Mr_and22[/url]
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 am

There are bee-u-tiful! No Michelle and Barack....how about Dick and Jane? Find a pair of ugly buzzards and there's your M & B
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 am

hummer wrote:
There are bee-u-tiful! No Michelle and Barack....how about Dick and Jane? Find a pair of ugly buzzards and there's your M & B
That's what I thought too..they're neither one as good looking as those birds are.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 am

NICE !!!

So the female, she's the one scowling right ??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

nice pic!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 am

The female is actually the one on top and after Dan looked at the pictures, he says she's pregnant. Can you believe that? I don't even think they're married.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:33 am

Emily wrote:
The female is actually the one on top and after Dan looked at the pictures, he says she's pregnant. Can you believe that? I don't even think they're married.

Uh oh! Them eggs are gonna ruin her life!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:42 am

Punished with baby eggs. My my.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:56 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

he says she's pregnant. Can you believe that? I don't even think they're married.>>>>>

where are their parents????!!!!

she does look pregnant but I know zilch about birds
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:35 pm

If she is pregnant and unmarried, perhaps you should name them after the Palin girly and her boyfriend? Or you could name em Goldie and Kurt? Or Angelina and Brad?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Rosie wrote:
he says she's pregnant. Can you believe that? I don't even think they're married.>>>>>

where are their parents????!!!!

she does look pregnant but I know zilch about birds

If she's pregnant you have a phenomenon there Em ...Birds lay eggs one a day until they have their quota then they set on them until they hatch. But I'll bet they holler when those eggs come out of them just like people do when a baby comes out. I know I used to hear my uncles' laying hens cackle in the morning and that was when they'd just laid their egg for the day.
She looks like she's just fluffed up her feathers to keep warm...They do that when the wind is blowing or it's just plain cold.
I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here ...we just watch the birds a lot. We have Eastern Bluebirds that nest in a box we put out in our yard every year and we watch the box like hawks...We even go buy meal worms for them to feed the babys once they've hatched. They're little beauties to me. We also have Hummers in the yard but it's a little early for them just yet. They don't come around until about March or April...depending on the weather...We feed them alsol...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 am

We have an owl hanging out in the tree behind us. We can hear him at night and see evidence in the morning.

WTH do they eat ??? It's gotta be something big like a rat. Looks like a crime scene on the ground. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:06 am

Shelia wrote:
We have an owl hanging out in the tree behind us. We can hear him at night and see evidence in the morning.

WTH do they eat ??? It's gotta be something big like a rat. Looks like a crime scene on the ground. Very Happy
They eat anything they can catch like squirrells .rabbits .rats mice and anything that scurries along the ground at night. We've had a little owl in our tree that sounded just like a dog barking. It'd bark when we went thru the yard under the tree where it was.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 am

We have a hoot owl.

He must be eating good. It looks like it rained buckets of white paint on the ground underneath where he hunts at night.

We had one in La. that sat in an oak tree. That darn thing knew when I'd wash the car. He'd poop BIG all over the driver's side window and door.

It made me so mad one night I stayed up looking for him to pick him out of that tree with a slingshot.

I never did get him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Barack and Michelle Obama   Meet Barack and Michelle Obama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Barack and Michelle Obama
Page 1 of 1