Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"food police"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:56 am

Those Limey's !!!!

They love their government. Or do they ???

Householders are to be visited by officials offering advice on cooking with leftovers, in a Government initiative to reduce the amount of food that gets thrown away.

Home cooks will also be told what size portions to prepare, taught to understand "best before" dates and urged to make more use of their freezers.

The door-to-door campaign, which starts tomorrow, will be funded by the Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP), a Government agency charged with reducing household waste.

The officials will be called "food champions". However, they were dismissed last night as "food police" by critics who called the scheme an example of "excessive government nannying".

In an initial seven-week trial, eight officials will call at 24,500 homes, dishing out advice and recipes. The officials, each of whom has received a day's training, will paid up to £8.49 an hour, with a bonus for working on Saturdays.

The pilot scheme, which will cost £30,000, could be extended nationwide if it is seen as a success. If all 25 million households in the UK were visited in the same way, 8,000 officials would be required at a cost of tens of millions of pounds.

Peter Ainsworth, the shadow environment secretary, said: "You might have thought, at a time of economic hardship, that spending public money on stating the obvious is hardly a priority. With household budgets under pressure, most people are looking to spend wisely and waste less anyway."

Matthew Elliott, chief executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance said: "This is a prime example of excessive Government nannying, and a waste of public money and resources. In the grip of a recession, the last thing people need is someone bossing them about in their own kitchen.

"Worse still, the money for this scheme will come directly out of taxpayers' pockets, at a time when they need every penny to weather the financial storm."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/4214024/Dont-throw-away-leftovers-warn-food-police.html

Scheme is such a good word. Very Happy

Those Brits love knocking our country. Good Lawd, what the hell is going on over there ???
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:41 am

Talk about a nanny state!

I wouldn't let them in my house. But then again, Obama has said that we can't continue to eat what we want so maybe that's what he has planned. He will send Oprah.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:58 am

Well let him send Oprah...we can feed her and she'll gain the weight and we won't. bounce She's up one day and down the next. She says she'll NEVER gain it back and she always does. I learned two words to not use a long time ago ...they are never and always...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:00 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

I get a kick out of Oprah. She has money, she has a chef, she has a weight loss coach and she still cries about being overweight.

Hell if I had that I could keep my weight down.

Oh and that picture on the cover of that magazine where she's skinny and fat ???

That skinny body ain't hers. If it was it was fixed. She never looked like that. EVER. She's got thunder thighs and flappy arms. Her weight loss caused it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:21 am

I haven't watched her in so many years because she's just to freaking preachy. She may be a success at business but she doesn't know how to be a mother.

And I find it really a turn off that she puts herself on the cover of every magazine. That's some ego she's got to do that. Plus she does more preaching in her magazine.

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:29 am

I stopped watching her the first time I heard her give parental advice.

Maybe 20 years ago ??? I thought to myself, you have no kids. Come back when you do pecan, I'll bet you change that tune !!!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 pm

I ditched Oprah a long long time ago. I cant recall why exactly but when she pulled her famous HERMES incident, I was so freaking glad I did! She pulled a major race card then and did anyone noticed just how FAST that whole thing was shut down?? HA.

The thing that pisses me off about Oprah (and others like her)
They DO have all the resources they need to keep fit and slim. The average American does not. So how are Oprah's diet tips going to help us?

If I didnt have to shop cook and prepare it all.............kwim?????
and if I had a trainer......kwim?
and a stylist.......

ARRGH!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:40 pm

I swear. I win the lotto, I am gonna have a personal trainer, and a personal masseuse. I don't need no chef. I like to cook.

And if I win the lotto, and get a personal trainer and a personal masseuse, maybe I will be a size 2, and shit rainbows out my butt. flower
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

I'm buying an RV, stay fat and travel until I can't travel anymore.

I hope I see butt rainbows.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 am

I want to get an RV, but a cool one, like an airstream, and tow it with a semi-truck. I want to travel the country buying american made stuff to furnish my house with. Which wouldn't be much. I would have a small one here, and then one on the coast, and one in the mountains, and then I would let my fam use them for vacations.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 am

If we win, we'll all have a dream. Very Happy

Would that be cool or what ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:03 am

That WOULD be cool!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:30 am

Shelia wrote:
If we win, we'll all have a dream. Very Happy

Would that be cool or what ???

Well first off we'd have to buy a ticket to even have a chance. Since We quit buying tickets a long time ago no chance of winning. I'm married to a real tight wad...and he is too and we still don't have a lot but what we do have is paid for. Thank goodness with the economy the way it is today.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 am

Don't worry Dear. We buy at least one ticket every week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"food police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "food police"   "food police" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"food police"
Page 1 of 1