Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oil and Food

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Oil and Food Empty
PostSubject: Oil and Food   Oil and Food I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:13 am

Saudi Arabia’s oil minister said today that petroleum-producing countries need a price of at least $60 a barrel to bring more energy resources on the market.

“If we want all hydrocarbon resources developed worldwide, 40 dollars is not enough,” Ali al-Naimi told reporters in Geneva, where he was attending an energy conference.

Crude oil returns are key, he said, because they can allow companies and countries to invest in new and potentially valuable fuel source such as ethanol, tar sands and heavy oils.

To develop these industries, the oil price will have to rise to a range between $60 and $75 a barrel...

Sad

more bad news

Commodity prices are down, but the bad news for consumers is that U.S. farmers are responding by cutting back their planting and production, reducing the chances of lower prices reaching the supermarket.

Clay T. Mitchell of Buckingham, Iowa, said he will reduce his corn acreage 26% when the planting season starts in mid-April. The 930 acres of corn that the 35-year-old farmer plans to grow would be his smallest effort ever, even though corn has long been his most profitable crop. He is planting more soybeans, which don't need expensive nitrogen fertilizer.

"Farming is very strange right now," said Mr. Mitchell, who had some of the best years of his farming career in 2007 and 2008 only to see the recession deflate commodity prices.

Across the nation, farmers are making plans to cut their production of corn, wheat, rice, peanuts, beef, pork, poultry and milk. In addition to growing more soybeans, farmer are also planning to grow crops more cheaply, such as by using less fertilizer and pesticides. Also, some farmers plan to grow just one crop on land that normally produces two each year, and to let some land lie fallow throughout the year.

Farmers are expected to plant the fewest acres of cotton since 1983, the Agriculture Department estimates. The USDA expects the production of meat from every major category of farm animal to drop for the first time since 1973.

What is going on ??? Are the powers that be TRYING to kill us off or what ???

I recently read an article that says this "crisis" in the housing market only affects 10% right now. This, oil and food rise affects everyone. $4 - $5 dollar gas prices again plus the high cost of not only food but everything else we need to live will cut deep.

I don't know what's going on. How did things get so far out of hand ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Oil and Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil and Food   Oil and Food I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:38 am

Greed and stupidity. And not necessarily in that order.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Oil and Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil and Food   Oil and Food I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:59 am

I won't lie. Sometimes I think I'm wearing tinfoil, maybe a right wing moonbat, laughing at myself until I see stuff like this and I get a little scared.

I'm thinking my crazy grocery shopping thinking ain't so crazy.

Have any of you noticed commercials lately making a statement ???

Like, hey, let's stay in and eat ??? Like it just dawned on them to COOK !!!

BTW, Stouffer's heating ain't cooking. Good lawd.

How about the one where the lady says she hasn't bought shampoo and stuff to travel with for years because she refills her own ???

WTH, do these people know NOTHING about the REAL world ???

Nearly every commercial is talking about how to save money in their pitch. I laugh. I can pinch pennies HARD and no commercial can benefit us. We've done it for years.
They act like people are stupid. Maybe some are ??? Very Happy

It amazes me how much people waste. I see the wasters having the hardest time. Now that they can't afford it they have no idea what to do. The real world is harsh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil and Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil and Food   Oil and Food I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil and Food
Page 1 of 1