Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remember this guy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

Remember this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Remember this guy?   Remember this guy? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:29 am

I didn't post the whole thing but this is one of the guys they found in Goose Creek on the hwy near the Weapons Station.

Mary Ann Chastain/AP

Ahmed Mohamed (right) was sentenced Thursday to 15 years in federal prison after he pleaded guilty to providing material support to terrorists. His codefendant, Youssef Megahed (left), is awaiting trial on federal explosives charges.

The routine traffic stop in August 2007 uncovered a trunk full of bomb-making materials and led to terrorism-related charges against Ahmed Mohamed.

A federal judge in Tampa, Fla., Thursday sentenced Mohamed, 27, to 15 years for making an Internet video that demonstrated to would-be terrorists how to detonate bombs using a toy remote control.

"Now society has a person who was a potential terrorist behind bars where he should be," DeWitt said.

The Sheriff's Office and the FBI faced some criticism from defense attorneys in the case who attempted to paint the arresting deputies as racist and accused authorities of hyping evidence found in the car.

Asked if he felt vindicated as a result of Mohamed receiving the maximum sentence, DeWitt said, "Absolutely. This was a big case."

The video for which Mohamed will go to prison was found on a laptop computer that sheriff's deputies discovered the night of the arrest. Mohamed later admitted posting the video to YouTube "to assist those persons in Arabic countries to defend themselves against the infidels invading their countries."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Remember this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember this guy?   Remember this guy? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:34 am

Wow! I had forgotten about those guys. I remember the night that you posted about that while it was going on.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Remember this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember this guy?   Remember this guy? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:59 am

OMG, I do remember.

I also remember the MSM being very quiet about it too. Evil or Very Mad

And yes, it WAS a big damn deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remember this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember this guy?   Remember this guy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember this guy?
Page 1 of 1