Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My turn to ask for prayers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

My turn to ask for prayers Empty
PostSubject: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 am

I have an appointment for Molly (my sheltie) tomorrow at 5:00, she's ill. I have neglected the heck out of the other 2 dogs and she's gonna pay the price. I haven't had HW preventive for about 4 months and I'm scared she got them because of my negligence. Her breathing is a bit labored and last night she sounded like she was clearing her throat. She has terrible breath lately and she freaks out if I try to look in her mouth...that's just normal for her...she freaks out about a lot of things. She's also drinking a lot of water and licking her mouth frequently. Bad tooth? Heartworms? Lung Cancer?

No more guessing after tomorrow....but I'm scared.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:09 am

Prayers up. I don't think it is heartworm, I looked it up and it said it takes 6 months for symptoms to exhibit, and those aren't those. If she has bad breath, and freaks out when you fool with her mouth, it may just be a bad tooth. At any rate, I am praying my special pup prayers for Molly. Please keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:11 am

You got 'em...How old is Molly. Years ago our shepherd was acting that way and we took her in and they treated her for hepatitis. but it wasn't the kind that was contagious. We had been giving her steak scraps and she loved them but after that they said nothing but dog food for her. Hopefully Molly has something that is treatable.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:25 am

Thanks, I'll keep you posted for sure.

Molly will be 10 in May. She's my girl. But shelties are more than just shy, they are freaky bizarre. Her in particular 'cause she's had a rough puppyhood. Broke her leg at 2 months, big ordeal. At about 18 months she swallowed an Ambien and almost died.

One of the 2 smartest dogs I've ever had. She yips in the morning when I don't get up on time, just one little yip and then she listens. Continues the routine until I get up. One morning when Kailyn was about 2 y/o I hear Molly do her yip, she waited. When I didn't get up she barked this unusual bark and I knew something was up so i went to check. She went to the back door and looked at me, when I didn't follow she came over barked again and went back to the door. I finally understood to go see what the problem was and Kailyn had gone out the doggy door.

She used to watch Sam when he went blind and would lead him back to the house when he started circling the yard aimlessly. She is a true herder and we are her sheep.

I wish she would let me take care of her like she does our family.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 am

Awwww, she sounds like a sweet dog. It sounds like a bad tooth. Gabby and Lucy and me all send our thoughts and crossing our fingers and paws for the best for Molly.

What a sweet puppy.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:21 am

Emily wrote:
Awwww, she sounds like a sweet dog. It sounds like a bad tooth. Gabby and Lucy and me all send our thoughts and crossing our fingers and paws for the best for Molly.

What a sweet puppy.

She's not sweet! She's a biotch. Really. Alpha dog over all of us peeps, or I should say SHEEP. I love her to death, she just won't let me brush her or trim her nails or any grooming. Have you ever seen a ragamuffin Sheltie? That's my Molly. And this afternoon I have to go battle her over this vet visit so they don't think I REALLY neglect her.

Thank you and the kitties for sending good thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:44 am

AWWWWW.

I hope it's only a tooth.

And Hummer, they will not think you've neglected your dog.

Vets can sense those things and guess what ??? Not all animals that are loved show love.

I have a wicked white cat you would have thought we beat but never have. When she had that anal abcess I thought they would think the same thing. They didn't. She just never allows anyone to get near her. Very hissy and hateful.

Let us know how it goes. I know how you feel. I fret when mine have to go too.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 am

hummer wrote:
Emily wrote:

What a sweet puppy.

She's not sweet! She's a biotch. Really. Alpha dog over all of us peeps, or I should say SHEEP. I love her to death, she just won't let me brush her or trim her nails or any grooming. Have you ever seen a ragamuffin Sheltie? That's my Molly. And this afternoon I have to go battle her over this vet visit so they don't think I REALLY neglect her.

Thank you and the kitties for sending good thoughts!

I guess I just thought it was sweet how she makes sure to make sure you're up and let you know that Kailyn went through the doggy door. So I guess that makes her the mayor of your house. The biotchy mayor of your house.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:05 am

I used to think Angus was staring at me with loving eyes. He is a Blue Heeler, Australian Cattle Dog. Nope. They herd both with their bodies and their eyes. We just figured out that he gets pissed at us when we don't do what he wants when he wants us to. Like sit still. Or go to bed at 10. If we are sitting up at 10:30, he starts whining and jumping around until we go to bed. If 6:00 am hits, and we are still asleep, he will stand at the bed for hours staring at us to get us to wake up. Damb.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:17 am

Debu wrote:
I used to think Angus was staring at me with loving eyes. He is a Blue Heeler, Australian Cattle Dog. Nope. They herd both with their bodies and their eyes. We just figured out that he gets pissed at us when we don't do what he wants when he wants us to. Like sit still. Or go to bed at 10. If we are sitting up at 10:30, he starts whining and jumping around until we go to bed. If 6:00 am hits, and we are still asleep, he will stand at the bed for hours staring at us to get us to wake up. Damb.

bwahahahaha!!! How do we survive without them?

If you peep at him, with one eye open, does he keep staring or is that a signal that he can jump into bed?

I think a kitty is on our horizon.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:25 am

He never gets on the bed. He was trained to stay off furniture. He will streeeeeeeeech his neck as far as he can so he can get his cold nose on you. If you open an eye, he starts wagging his tail, and whining. So you never open your eye. I love you
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 am

Debu wrote:
He never gets on the bed. He was trained to stay off furniture. He will streeeeeeeeech his neck as far as he can so he can get his cold nose on you. If you open an eye, he starts wagging his tail, and whining. So you never open your eye. I love you

awww, that guilt tripping get to you? Does me!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:32 am

Every time. Tim says I have "sucker" tattooed on my forehead in doggy ink.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:44 am

Debu wrote:
Every time. Tim says I have "sucker" tattooed on my forehead in doggy ink.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My turn to ask for prayers   My turn to ask for prayers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My turn to ask for prayers
Page 1 of 1