Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fighting the urge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:29 am

to eat chalupas, pizza, tacos.

Ate a banana instead.

My biggest problem is I have to cook big at least one time a day. I can choose, lunch or supper but I have to have a meat dish.

I've chosen to limit my meat intake to only one meal a day.

We are big meat eaters here. So if I cook for lunch, there is no meat at night.

Which do you prefer. Eat a meat lunch or meat supper ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:32 am

During the week I don't eat much dinner, only on weekends, so I would say meat for lunch, but if you do that, then Glenn and Jon would get leftover meat from lunch?
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:35 am

Shelia wrote:
to eat chalupas, pizza, tacos.

Ate a banana instead.

My biggest problem is I have to cook big at least one time a day. I can choose, lunch or supper but I have to have a meat dish.

I've chosen to limit my meat intake to only one meal a day.

We are big meat eaters here. So if I cook for lunch, there is no meat at night.

Which do you prefer. Eat a meat lunch or meat supper ???

Honestly? I don't eat much meat. I'm a dairy and bread kinda gal. HAHAHAHA!

Ice cream and pastries, that's the ticket.

When I cooked for my family it was a big supper, only because I grew up that way. If I could have, it woulda been lunch. Get it over with, get it cleaned up and have lots of time before bedtime to digest that big meal. And plenty of time for excersise afterward.

YEAH FOR THE BANANA CHOICE!

Last edited by hummer on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to add?)
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:50 am

They don't mind eating something I cooked earlier. They'll eat it twice in one day if they are home all day.

I don't think I should eat meat at night anymore. Maybe just eat the sides, skip the meat. I'll eat whatever I cook at lunch only I'll make it a small lunch. If I do that, I'll eat cereal or oatmeal at night instead.

That kid about killed me on the treadmill last night. We stayed in because of the rain, he worked the weights, I walked about 40 mins. SLOW. I had to double up because I skipped a day.

I swear he's crazy. He stays on me like a dog with rabies. Always reminding, always watching, keeping his book. No

I am never betting with him again. You'd think I would know better. Last time we had a bet he won all of my change I had in a jar. I was broke !!!

All kidding aside, he's a great motivator. Too bad he doesn't do housework as well.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:01 am

Here is what works for me. I eat a good breakfast. Oatmeal and yogurt, or eggs. maybe a snack around 11, some nuts or fruit. Lunch is my biggest meal, a good full one, eaten around 2 or so. By the time dinner comes around I am not hungry, but I make myself eat something like triscuits and cheese, or cereal, so I don't get hungry before bed. When I do that I feel better. I go to bed pretty early, and don't like to eat such a big meal before bed.

If the guys don't mind eating reheated, that might not be a bad plan for you.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:34 am

They really don't mind eating things twice but never 2 days in a row.

As for being picky ??? I can't complain, they aren't.

I'll try your thing.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:24 am

I think I would prfer meat at dinner

but lunch is ok too

I would probably trade off so as to give myself a variety of choices.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 am

We usually have a sub with turkey for lunch then I may heat up three pieces of chicken breast for dinner. I say heat up cause I get the mesquite grilled chicken at Sams and one piece is enough for one person here.
Do you do tuna at all... If you could do that for lunch then your big meal in the evening if you wanted it. We eat about 5 our time to give ourselves time to get it settled before bed time. Or when ever Daddy gets home from his "work" ...day care.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 am

Oh yeah, we do have tuna. Embarassed

The cats go C R A Z Y when I open a can. They have to have one too.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:30 am

I completely forgot about your cats. Just give them some too. When I first started WW way back in the 70s I ate tuna every day for lunch ...that was how I got my 7 fish meals in every week. Didn't eat beef but once a week if I ate it at all. The rest was chicken some way. I can't stand tuna today because of that. But we have eaten a sub for lunch everyday since last March except the week we were in Hilton Head and I'm not tired of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fighting the urge Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting the urge   fighting the urge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fighting the urge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: