Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Outta heah!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:27 pm

See ya, headed to Austin. Will bring laptop and check in if I can get hooked to the wifi!

Em, hope you are feeling better!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Not too bad this morning, I have a slight fever, and I have way too much to do today to be sick. I took Nyquil last night and when I woke up this morning, there was a piece of chocolate on my nightstand that wasn't there when I went to bed. Dan said he heard me in the kitchen in the middle of the night trying to unwrap something.

WTF? I didn't even eat it - I just set it on my nightstand.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 am

OMG BWAHAHAHA !!!!

I do that when I'm sick. I've made sandwiches and left them on the counter only to find bread all over from the cats.

Delirious. Very Happy

Feel better Em.

Deb, enjoy yourself, be safe.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:01 am

I'm so weird..................

I cannot be sick this weekend, I cannot be sick this weekend, I cannot be sick this weekend. I must see Debi while she is in Austin!

There was a lot of granite dust flying around here yesterday but I really started feeling yucky the day before. A person like me who doesn't smoke (and Dan doesn't smoke around me) should not be getting bronchitis this often.

But I keep going to doctor after doctor after doctor and it's always the same - I have asthma. I don't think I have asthma.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:20 am

you have asthma. Very Happy

The pollen is what's kicking your butt. I'm having trouble breathing during certain parts of the day.

It's so bad here you can't tell the color of some cars.

I've had a headache every morning for over a week and Glenn has had a sore throat.

I don't allow ANYONE to wear shoes in here for any reason once they've walked outside. You have to take the shoes off. Shoe booties are for summer, it's a waste to use them now.

I change my air filter after 2 months even though it's an allergy filter good for 3 months.

Once the blooms pass respiratory symptoms should calm down.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:54 am

I have this problem year-round but then again, something is always blooming in Austin. I guess I need to get that allergy testing and take shots if need be.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:42 am

My son in law said his doctor told him to take Claratin in the morning and then take zyrtec in the evening. He said that is the only way he can sleep at night and then go during the day without feeling really draggy.
He and my daughter(Terri to me ...she calls herself Teresa) are going to San Antonio next Thursday for a Pharmacist convention. He's going to get certified to give injections. He works for a family owned hometown type drug store and they give injections and everything there. Have an RN on duty several hours a week and even hold classes for different things...He's going for the convention and she's going along for the ride and just to be able to say she's been to Texas.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:11 am

Wow Mable - I hope your son-in-law and daughter have fun in San Antonio. Too bad he has to go so far but they should have fun in San Antonio.

I have tried both of those but never at the same time. At this point, I can't see any point in not trying that. It's worth a shot.

What happens is that I feel like mucous or something is caught in my throat and I feel like it blocks my airway so I clear my throat and cough. I try hard not to cough and clear my throat because that just irritates my throat even further and it's a vicious cycle. And then I feel really blocked up because my trachea is swollen and there's still a piece of mucous caught there. When I finally am able to cough up something out of my chest or trachea, I feel great relief but then it starts all over again.

When I try to take a deep breath in when I feel something is caught in my throat, it does sound like I'm wheezing - which I know is part of asthma.

**sigh**

Am I the only one who has this or is this really allergies? I use Advair, I use Nasacort, and I use Zyrtec D.

So frustrating. I just feel like crap today.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 am

Em, remember last year when we redid our bathroom? Well I used that epoxy paint to change the color of some tile. That stuff did a number on me. I finally went to the doctor and he told me to take the zyrtec and gave me another antihistamine or allergy medication to take along with it. He said also to use the musinex ...It took me just about the rest of the summer to get over that. He said it was an allergic reaction ...I still take claritin in the morning and the zyrtec at night. I use the non drowsy non drying in the morning and just regular zyrtec at night. Hope it helps you too...but it would probably help you to have the allergy testing done...
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:31 am

I have been hearing more and more about those injections. I might have to check into it

Right now I use Claritin--the Walmart brand and it works pretty well for me\And I use Neo-Synephrine Spray if it gets really bad

Hope you dont get sick Em!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Russells' doctor at the VA gave him something to get him off the neo synephrine...we've used that stuff for years only the Equate brand too...Now WalMart has stopped having that and the only thing they carry is the 12 hour stuff...This new stuff is Flunisolide Nasal Solution. I use it once at night at bedtime and it works pretty well...I have noticed too that if I eat pudding I end up having such a dry mouth and throat ...so that lets out all milk products for me. Sometimes tho I just have to have something . I've seen goats milk in cans ...I might try one can of that.
Rosie how is your Dad doing these days?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:29 pm

I have also found something else that works well because if I use the Afrin or Neo-Synephrine for too long, I get heart palpitations - that is actually one of the side effects. Anyway, this stuff is called Nasal Comfort spray and it is made by the same people who make Zicam.

It doesn't have any chemicals in it. Because of the antihistamines and the steroid nasal sprays, my nose gets really dried out and that causes me problems, too. Anyway, it's almost like a lotion-y spray but not yucky greasy and it will also drip down into my throat and keep that from getting dry, too.

It works better than that concoction I've been told to use of salt, baking soda, and warm water.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=142924&catid=382
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outta heah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta heah!   Outta heah! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outta heah!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: