Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today Empty
PostSubject: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 am

Is he still taking the pain meds and acting loopy or is he doing okay?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 am

Emily wrote:
Is he still taking the pain meds and acting loopy or is he doing okay?
He's doing good. He's wanting to go to WalMart so that means he's doing good. Laughing
He has only taken the meds 3 times I think he said. They got to this one before it really had time to start hurting him so hopefully it'll get better faster. He's still carrying the crutches. Don't know that he's using them that much but he carries them for show I think.
Thanks for asking.
I was thinking about you and your brother this morning. How are things with him these days?
This is so good to be able to write anything to everybody and not be afraid someone else will take it and use it against us . flower
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:46 am

OMG

So he's out and about ???

Sounds just like Glenn. Once the medicine wore off he was much better.

Sounds good Shorty. That's wonderful to hear.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:54 am

Shelia wrote:
OMG

So he's out and about ???

Sounds just like Glenn. Once the medicine wore off he was much better.

Sounds good Shorty. That's wonderful to hear.

Glad to hear he's up and about, as long as he doesn't overdo. I'm still amazed that the repair can be done and you come home in one day. I have a friend that tore his miniscus (?) as a high school football player 15 years ago and it took him weeks to be able to walk. And the physical therapy was terrible! I'm guessing it's the difference in injury vs wear and tear and the advances in medicine.

Tell him we wish him a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:05 am

Russell just turned one day and his knee went but the foot didn't move and he felt it tear. He went immediately to his clinic doctor and he sent him for x-ray then set up an appointment with the guy who fixed it the last time. This ortho doc didn't even want an MRI he said he knew what it was without it.So they set it up to be fixed in Feb. but he had an opening the last of Dec so his office called to see if Russell wanted to do it sooner. Of course he did so we just took it from there.
As for therapy ...there isn't any other than some stretching and movement exercises he can do on his own.
Now his biggest complaint is he can't go potty...#2 but a side effect of the med is constipation. He's typical " old man" he thinks if he doesn't go 15 times a day he's constipated...I don't have a lot of sympathy for him there. I don't have any problems with that and I think he just makes a mountain out of a mole hill...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:19 am

If ya'll only knew the things I had to do when Glenn had his shoulder surgery.

That's true love.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:40 am

I'm glad to hear Russell is doing so well so quickly.

Ha ha Shelia! I can't imagine there is anything I wouldn't do for Dan if he were incapacitated for some reason.

My brother Vince - eh - he's the same. His accident was now more than two years ago and he's still in a nursing home but that's really where he belongs. Otherwise, he'd be homeless. It's really hard to know what is really going on with him because he seems to live in his own little world. He supposedly has a hearing for social security at the end of this month but it's so hard to get the truth out of him. He tells a lot of tall tales about everything. He is back to about 400 pounds and has a lot of problems with swelling and ulcers on his legs, which is probably what is keeping him in the nursing home now.

I still pay for his cable and my sister pays for his cell phone and a couple of college friends heard about what happened to him. It was really nice of them because they had a fundraiser for him about a year ago and between about 20 of his fraternity brothers (it's hard to believe he graduated from college) they raised $3000.00. My sister had to tactfully explain to the guy that they did not want to give him the money so they gave it to her and she doles it out to him as he needs it.

Believe it or not, one of his fraternity brothers is Mike Pence (the very conservative and republican congressman from Indiana - one of my favorites!) and apparently one of the fraternity brothers has gotten Mike Pence involved in helping Vince's disability case moving along.

Vince is so obviously autistic but they will not diagnose him with that. They say he is normal mentally - NO HE'S NOT!!!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:50 am

WOW Em, that's really nice of them to do that.

I wondered about Vince. I always hesitated to ask because I know it caused you some distress when you spoke of him.

I tell you, you don't know how good of friends you have until something bad happens.

You and your sister are very good to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today   Maboe:  How Is Russell Doing Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maboe: How Is Russell Doing Today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: