Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

gross news of the day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

gross news of the day Empty
PostSubject: gross news of the day   gross news of the day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:52 am

Used set was purchased from Rent-A-Center.

When Joseph and Jyll Anderson purchased a used 62-inch flat-screen digital light projection television March 13, they knew it had been sold as-is.

They understood that whether it worked for a week or for 10 years, the seller, Rent-A-Center, 1411 Franklin St., had no responsibility for it once sold.

Never in their wildest imagination, however, did the Andersons expect the chassis of their new television to be filled with the carcasses of dead cockroaches.

That's what they found upon opening it to see why it smelled bad when turned on.

Rent-A-Center's sales manager Edwin Rivera said his company is not legally responsible for returning the $700 the Andersons paid for the TV, when The News-Dispatch called Friday. Nonetheless, he said, "They will get their $700 back."

But the couple also wanted Rent-A-Center to pay for having their house on Country Road 400 West inspected and treated by a reputable pest control company.

Rivera said he could not authorize that expense but he was talking with his regional manager. By 1 p.m. Friday, a Rent-A-Center representative called Anderson to say the company also will pay for the house to be treated.

"The woman who called was very nice," Jyll Anderson said. The refund on the TV and treating her house make her happy, she said. "That's all I really wanted."

Rivera got the TV from a store in Rensselaer, Ind., he said. Since most of the items he rents have been used by other families, he sanitizes them with a spray. "But we can't do that with laptops or televisions," he said.

Still, a TV full of bugs?

"I want this thing out of here," Jyll said Friday morning after calling the newspapers. The Andersons have three children, Emily, 3 years, Joseph, 1 1/2 years and Elizabeth, age 7 1/2 months. "Elizabeth naturally crawls," her mom said. "She's curious about everything she sees."

The living room carpeting in the Anderson home is spotless, but Jyll worries because roaches are notoriously efficient breeders. In addition to the dead bugs, the TV is infested with what appear to be egg sacs. "I'm afraid they're going to break and then we'll have roaches everywhere," Jyll said.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, roaches not only carry disease (including food poisoning), but they and their droppings can trigger asthma attacks.

She said she appreciates Rivera's efforts to get the matter settled.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: gross news of the day   gross news of the day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:53 am

Ewwwwwwwww - yucky.

Dan said they used to get cable boxes back with dead roaches in them. He also said that when he used to go customers' houses, he was astonished at the way some people kept their houses. He said some of the most beautiful homes from the outside were trashed inside and some of the yuckiest houses from the outside were clean.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: gross news of the day   gross news of the day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 am

Boy Glenn can tell some horror stories.

When a town gets natural gas shut off, pilots have to be lit by the gas company.

The dead/live rats in broilers, roaches galore around water heaters.

He'd have nightmares.

And you're right. Some of the nicest homes were usually filthy.

When we moved, the movers told us about some people in Detriot they moved. He said he reached to open a door and realized it was moving. The thing was covered in roaches. As was the house and furniture. He told us they lived in a million dollar home.

And I was embarrassed about a little dust ????
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: gross news of the day   gross news of the day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 am

Gross!

My brother used to deliver furniture and appliances for Wards many years ago. Some of the stories he told about the filth some people lived in were amazing.
Back to top Go down
Hondo

Hondo

PostSubject: Re: gross news of the day   gross news of the day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 am

that is enough to make me toss my cookies.......eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gross news of the day   gross news of the day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gross news of the day
Page 1 of 1