Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Off the grill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:35 am

Off the hook !!!

We grilled kabobs today that were so good I'm ready to make another batch. I'm not kidding, they were FINE DINING at it's best. Very Happy

We used chicken chunks, beef chunks, pork chunks, shrimp, red, yellow, orange, green bell pepper, a red onion, tomatoes and yellow squash.

We put them together last night and marinated them with Italian salad dressing and
a chipolte lime marinate.

The smell was out of this world !! The taste .... O M G.

Someone came by and asked Glenn why our yard was green while everyone else's was brown. He said he noticed our grass all winter.

We laughed. It's rye grass. He planted it before it got cold and it started to grow and green up in the middle of winter. Since then it's been a deep dark green.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:55 am

I love kabobs and I love grilled peppers.

Our neighbor - who is a landscape guy - has rye grass and it is always nice and green. Ours looks sad next to theirs.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 am

Does your rye grass last all summer? When we plant rye grass here it will be nice and pretty for a while but when it gets hot it's gone. turned brown ...We have tall fescue and it's green just about year round...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Mable I really don't know. This is the first time we ever had to seed. I do know he's about to add bermuda to the mix but he's waiting until the ground gets above 70 degrees.

Who looks at grass ???

MEN !!! They are obsessed with grass. Everywhere we've lived it's been a competition to see who can grow the best grass. I don't get it.

If it were up to me I'd mow that stuff down to the dirt. Very Happy

My goal in the coming years is to have nothing but concrete for a backyard.

My favorite outside activity is playing in the hose. Shoot I'd put plastic plants outside if I could find some that looked real.

I do not have a green thumb. Glenn on the other hand does.

So Em, are the kids still Spring Breaking at your house ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm

YUM! Tim grilled some red snapper last night. OMG. I made the taters, and they turned out awesome, with the exception of the fact that my dish was too small, and I had a little boil over. Tim said make em again. I put some cheese on top, because everything is better with cheese.

Great summer eats, no heating up the house!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 am

Don't worry about boil over, I get it too no matter what size dish I use. It's worth the mess.

UMMMMM cheese.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 am

Now I want to try the potatoes and I can't - our kitchen is all torn up.

The kids left Saturday morning. I miss them already. They even cleaned up the upstairs before they left.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:32 am

You started on the kitchen already ?????

WOO HOO !!!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 am

Shelia wrote:
Don't worry about boil over, I get it too no matter what size dish I use. It's worth the mess.

UMMMMM cheese.

Good excuse to eat out...or when ours was torn up we hit subway a lot...helps that it's only about a mile from us too.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 am

Yep - we are committed now - Dan paid the deposit today which was half so we are definitely committed. He's torn the wall tile off and there are holes so he will have to patch those.

I will have to find many, many things to do today and tomorrow - OUT OF THE HOUSE. He turns into a bitchy old woman when he does this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am

MEN !!! They are obsessed with grass>>>>>>>>>>>

My dad, as sick as he is, was giving orders yesterday about what to do with the front yard. An old tree has roots growing far and wide and killing the grass in one area of the yard. haha
It never ends, I guess!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 am

LOL !!!

Must be some strange grass gene. Very Happy

My neighbor across the street, ya'll know the one with no furniture, had been eyeing Glenn's landscaping job.

This morning he got out in the yard early and not only put cedar chips around his bushes but did his lawn too.

I told Glenn he should be flattered. The man liked what Glenn did and deserves a pat on the back for making his yard pretty too. That's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Off the grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the grill   Off the grill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off the grill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: