Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

bragging rights

Go down 
+2
Debu
Rosie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:11 am

my son and the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) are looking at each other for his internship.

woo hoo! he has a bit of experience with the A and the T. LOL
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 am

That is AWESOME! Can't hurt to have a connection! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:35 am

Good luck to him. Is that what he's wanting to do when he finishes school?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:30 am

WOO FREAKIN' HOO !!!!!

That is fantastic !!!!

I wish him much luck !!!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 am

Way to go, Joey! And way to go, Mom!

That is really great news!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:02 am

he is so excited. I hope they find a good fit! Smile
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Is that like as a law enforcement thing? I didn't even know they still had an ATF!

Help me Rhonda, help help me...lord I hate that song Very Happy

When will he know something?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:55 pm

That sounds like what my grandson Christopher thought he wanted to get into but he decided on his first love ...Firefighter and Emt Paramedic rescue and all that goes along with that . He was taking necessary courses at a community college toward that goal but didn't really like the classroom part of it so he went back to his first love...
If that is what Joey wants to get into I hope he does ...
cheers cheers cheers cheers
It will give you shivers down your spine when you see him in action. It does me when I see my Christopher working.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:07 am

he is really not sure exactly what he wants to do.....FBI, attorney, he wants to teach at the college level at some point.

I dont know what he will be doing at the ATF not sure I really want to know. Sad

But I am happy for him that he has found his passion and is moving in that direction. It was a bit slow-going there for a time!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 am

Slow going for Christopher too...and he still says he doesn't know what he really wants to be when he grows up...He's 22. He keeps saying he wants to be a flight emt or paramedic. To do that he'd have to train with a police dept in a big city who has a helicopter. None of us is really excited about him going into law enforcement training just to become a flight emt. But maybe one day he'll figure it out...at least now he is working and paying his own way. He also did ski patrol at Massanuetten Ski Resort there close to where they live and has loved that.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 am

Rosie

I had a neighbor that was ATF in Clinton. She was a regional paper pusher.

No matter. Her hours were from 7 to 3 and she had a VERY nice house she maintained alone. She was divorced, mother of 2 grown children. She also raised a grandchild.

New car every 3 years.

Excellent money, no weekends.

On a side note :

Crazy bitch called the fire department on us one time. She thought we were burning down the "woods" behind the drainage ditch at our house. Rolling Eyes

They came, laughed, left. We called BEFORE we burned.

I met her during the Katrina blackout. Within 20 mins. of talking to her I found out why her husband left her. The day after that she knocked on my door at 7 am to chat.

UH, I don't chat at 7 am. No

Talk about a man hater.

Anyway, whatever he does it's a great opportunity to have a lifetime job. In this day that's rare.

I wish him all the luck and hope he gets it.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks! Cross your fingers for him!

Mable...could your grandson go to nursing school and train to be flight nurse?

I know guys dont want to be "nurses" but there is a very big demand for male nurses right now
Joey's friend graduated from Toledo University with a BS in nursing and the kid is writing his own ticket!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

I am a fan of the ATF. Now, the TABC, or Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is a whole nother animal.

When Tim buys his hops and grain to brew beer, he has to register it with the ATF. Yup.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Debu wrote:
I am a fan of the ATF. Now, the TABC, or Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is a whole nother animal.

When Tim buys his hops and grain to brew beer, he has to register it with the ATF. Yup.

That's weird. Tim is such a danger.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:28 pm

That is the Alcohol part of ATF. In addition, when he was a brewer, in a restaurant he had to do TONS of forms to submit to the ATF, and then in turn submit DIFFERENT forms to TABC. The paperwork was CRAAAAAZY, but he always said the ATF was a way better and professional organization than the TABC, for a gubment org anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bragging rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: bragging rights   bragging rights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bragging rights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: