Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barnes & Noble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Barnes & Noble Empty
PostSubject: Barnes & Noble   Barnes & Noble I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:32 am

Recently a photo of Barnes & Noble book display board was circulated widely over the Internet. The photo showed various books about President Obama around a central photo of a monkey book. Barnes & Noble claims some prankster did this intentionally. The photo shown in this site was the catalyst of this controversy. The photos shows a book on monkeys “Monkey: A Captivating Look at These Fascinating Animals” with a number of books around it focusing on President Obama and his wife Michelle.

The book chain Barnes & Noble deny someone deliberately placed the monkey book in the display. They call it a “hate crime”

Leonard Riggio, founder and chairman of Barnes & Noble, said in a statement:

This malicious and despicable act is nothing short of a hate crime, which should be punishable under federal statutes.

The book chain claims as soon as this prank was noticed, it removed the book from the display. It says whoever put the books there must have snapped the picture and distributed it over the Internet.

Barnes & Noble Barnes_noble_display_sm

A hate crime ??? OMG how hysterical can you be.

UH, Mr. Riggio dumbass,

That display was put up by one of your own employees. Last time I looked only employees had access to the displays behind the glass.

OOOPS.

I quit going to Barnes & Noble when we lived in Gulfport. While Glenn was in physical therapy one day at the nearby hospital I ran over there to get a book. I asked for help because I didn't have time to look for it. The girl behind the counter asked me if I was too stupid to look for the book myself.

That bitch don't work there anymore, I got the book for free, never stepped foot in another one since.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Barnes & Noble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes & Noble   Barnes & Noble I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 am

hahaa Mr Riggio --busted!!

I dont go to BN merely cus they are too far from me and they never have deals.

I go to Borders which offers great deals--when I do use a book store.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Barnes & Noble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes & Noble   Barnes & Noble I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:45 am

WOW...She must have been run over by the stupid truck that day. Wonder if she's asked anyone that since that day. I'm glad you got the book and sure don't blame you for never going in there again.
I've never been a fan of these big book stores like that . Never had a good experience in any of them. They must train their employees to talk down to their customers. My favorite book store here is called Paperback Exchange...Used books and you can always take them back after reading them. And they have real people working there too...not some snot nosed know it all like this one was.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Barnes & Noble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes & Noble   Barnes & Noble I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 am

Here in Texas, we have Half-Price Books. Sheila if you ever get over Dallas-way, you need to check them out. They buy secondhand books and sell em at a deep discount. They have ALBUMS too. I can spend hours in there, because you don't always know what you are looking for. The flagship store here in town is as big as a Walmart. I don't go to B&N, because of the whole reason I don't go to Starbucks. But, my BFF works for GameStop, and sometimes gets really cool discounts at B&N, so I will give her my order, and $$. flower
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Barnes & Noble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes & Noble   Barnes & Noble I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:03 am

our closest Half Price Books is clear up in Cleveland Sad

I do have a privately owned used book store that I use for buying and trade credit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barnes & Noble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnes & Noble   Barnes & Noble I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barnes & Noble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: