Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hip hop visit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 am

Shocked

A hip hop artist's visit to a Dallas middle school has sparked controversy.

It's not what he said, or what he did, but what students went home with that's drawing concern.

National hip hop artist Gorilla Zoe visited Pearl C. Anderson Junior High School on Friday.

He was there for a motivational speech but left students with a poster that has some questionable content and left parents wondering why the school allowed it.

This poster contained the cover shot for Gorilla Zoe's new album, showing the rapper smoking, drinking and packing a pistol in his pocket.

Pearl C. Anderson is blanketed in signs prohibiting cigarettes, alcohol and weapons.

So why did every 10 and 11-year-old go home with the poster?

"I'm not with this at all," said one mother.

Some parents were alarmed by the message it sends.

"I don't want this kind of image," the mother said.

The Atlanta-based rap star spoke to the middle school students at an assemby Friday, sharing a positive message.

"He was telling us how we should do better in our classes, how his life was when he was growing up, rap was his last opportunity," said one student.

The event's promoter tells News 8, the school's principal signed off on the visit but the principal had little to say about sanctioning the poster giveaway.

"The spoken word is just as positive," Benita Noiel-Ashford said.

The handout is also upsetting to some activists.

"He may have talked the talk, but he's not walking the walk," said activist, Ron Wright.

hip hop visit Gorillazoe-vi

His first success, a little tune called “Hood Nigga.”

The Principal

hip hop visit Andersonpc_prin

Good Lawd, what was she thinking ??? Rap music today isn't what they had back in our days. This stuff is violent, filthy and all about gangsta driven lifestyles. Yeah, a real role model for young kids.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:05 am

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:49 am

students at an assemby

Do newspapers not have spell check ???

Jonathan knew who this rapper was. He said OH NO, not for kids.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 am

Good Lawd, what was she thinking ???>>

she wasnt!!!

The hip hop culture, in my humble opinion, is not for kids. It glamorizes too many things that can and will lead to addiction, death and prison.

Being that principle is black..she might have thought it was ok for the kids to see a person who is successful.

Janice, you are a teacher, what do you think??
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 am

Speaking of Dallasites everywhere....we all ain't that ignunt. Promise!

We even got Dubya living here and everything!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:53 am

BWAHAHAHA !!!!

Deb STOP !!!! LMAO !!!

I plugged in some of his music. O M G

I would have had a fit !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hip hop visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: hip hop visit   hip hop visit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hip hop visit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum