Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why I don't like DST

Go down 
+2
Rosie
Maboe Shortt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Maboe Shortt

Why I don't like DST Empty
PostSubject: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:53 pm

http://www.aolhealth.com/health/sleep-well-sleep-better/daylight-saving-time

This is just another reason to hate daylight savings time...
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:05 am

pale
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 am

I read that the other day and said that's about right.

I hate this new time. At 7:20 last night it was still light out.
The only saving grace for me is I still have daylight driving hours long after 5 IF I decide to go to the store. Other than that, NO.
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 am

ha ha Mable, that is a funny set of pictures. people going crazy all over --
What a Face
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:16 am

Guess I'm the oddball here 'cause I LOVE DST. Not the getting used to the switch, but it only takes me a day or two....sunshine until 8pm...YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:05 am

I am with you Rhonda. I LOVE having daylight hours after I get off work. I am way more productive. WAY more!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 am

Oh I dont mind the extra hours or even the lack of them
I just have a hard time with the change itself.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

I took a benedryl at 7:30 last night. Nuff Said.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Right now this time of the year it just seems like we're getting up in the middle of the night cause it's still pitch dark here. As time goes on it'll be getting day light at 6:30 which is when my alarm goes off. I have to get up to get Daddys breakfast before he goes to work. He doesn't do cold breakfast...never has ...He used to get up at 3am to get his breakfast and Mama had to get up then to cook it. I think it made her so mad that he'd get up that early and demand his cooked breakfast that she just willed herself to be sick so she could get out of doing it. They'd get up that early cook , eat , wash the dishes and then go sit in their recliners and sleep until time for him to go to work at 7... I told him when he came here tho that I wasn't about to get up that early to cook for him...Took him about 2 years to get out of that night time prowling too...he'd turn the lights on in your face and not even think about whether or not he was disturbing anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I don't like DST   Why I don't like DST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I don't like DST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: