Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My dad likes his bath!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

My dad likes his bath! Empty
PostSubject: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:15 pm

the aide came again today and bathed him

He wasnt upset about it at all. <<PHEW>> I am glad this is working out.

I knew if he allowed her to do it once or twice, he would be ok with it.

I also think the morphine pills work better for him than the patches. The hospice nurses took him off the patch and started him on the pills.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 pm

I know you're releived that he didn't give the bather a hard time . Hopefully he'll start to look forward to getting it from someone else and give you all a break.Now to get your Mom into a Day Care program would really be a load off you and your brother.
My Daddy used to fuss about having home health care coming all week but it sure did help us out a lot before he started to day care. That is a Godsend ...but it took my just getting him signed up and telling him that was what he was going to do. We'd tried it before and when he had to answer a few questions he didn't want any part of it. Then it got to the point I needed him to go somewhere besides setting here every day day in and day out even if it was to the hospital. We had to have our space to stay half way sane. It just wasn't a good situation at all for 2 and half years.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:36 pm

That is good to hear. I am glad he has someone good taking care of him. That means alot, and baths are good!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 am

we are talking to her about the day care program.
I dont think she is ready to go--she says she has to stay and be with my dad.
I think it would be good if she went three days a week. She really would have fun.

This place I looked into has a 3 day or 5 day plan.

I dont think my dad would balk about her going, either.

We just have to shmooze her about it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:25 am

Well to start with the three day thing would be great for just easing into it...That's what we did with Daddy then he found out that he was missing out on a lot of stuff he likes ...they have preachers and singing there a lot on the days he didn't go so he wanted to go all days. '
It would be like she was just going shopping for the day ...is your Dad allright with her going shopping? You all could just hint that is what she's doing. I just hinted to Daddy that going to day care would be like going to work and that's what he started saying. At 88 he was still going to work every day until he got sick and the doc said he couldn't live alone any longer. I say what ever it takes to get him to do things. And I don't feel like I'm leading him on or lying to him. Now he really looks forward to going every day and hates the weekends...sits here and sleeps all weekend long.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:54 am

That's wonderful Rosie.

I know it's not easy for him but a simple bath makes all the difference.

Sounds like things are going good for you. You deserve it sweets. I love you
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: going to Work   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:02 am

Ha ha Good job, Mable. You got him convinced, too.
After all, going to work was what he liked to do. By being a barber, he got to meet many, many people and chat with them.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:06 am

Janice, that is the most awesome pic. I can smell the coast from here. And feel the wet sticky air. Golly, I sure do miss that place.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:13 am

So Mable, your father was a barber ??? HOW COOL.

My mens over here love their new barber.

They went to one in Crowley for 3 years. That man was SO nice. He'd only shave certain people and my brood got one sometimes for free. Like a spa for men.

In Clinton they went to a salon. They HATED it. Found a barber right before we left. Just damn.

We move here and they found one pretty quick. And he's a character. Both love going there. The man goes that extra bit for them. Now that's service.

You don't realize how much men care about their hair or beard until they lose their favorite barber. I guess they get separation anxiety like women do when their favorite hairdresser leaves.

I have never experienced that.
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: My dad likes his bath   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:19 am

Thanks, Deb. I took some pictures today of sculpture that an artist has done on Highway 90 median. I think I had the wrong setting on my camera, but here's one of them (if I can change my picture).
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: My dad likes his bath   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:26 am

Y'all may not be able to see this very well. It is an eagle on the back side and a dolphin diving into the water on this side. This is the newest one he finished.
Back to top Go down
Percymac95

PostSubject: My dad likes his bath   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:33 am

Sheila,
I'm glad you have not had trouble with hair stylists -- whew!
I have had some wild experiences. One was when my sister and I both went at the same time to a new shop. We both had shoulder-length hair and we got perms. Hers turned out fine. Mine was kinky and tight on the right side and the left side didn't take at all. I had to go to work the next Monday with my hair like that. I pinned it up some way or another, but finally had to get it cut short. The beautician was fired, but that didn't help me! My sister still goes to that same stylist that did hers (been about 25-30 years).
I laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny then! Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:09 am

Tim does his own hair, and likes to grow his beard long. I hate it, cuz he has such a lovely face. Damn dude looks like the unibomber.

I like the sculptures Janice, where are they on 90?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:14 am

Janice are those sculptures done from dead trees? That's one way to preserve a tree that's been destroyed by a storm. Somewhere on this computer I have a picture of a tree that was sculpted from an oak tree that was too close to a house. The guy who owned it saw the Statue of Liberty in the tree so he had a local guy do that for him. It's really awesome...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:50 am

That pic is really cool Percy. I like the name Percy. I shall call you Percy.

One time I permed my hair at home.

O M G.

It looked like loose steel wool. BIG. I had someone put a chemical straightner in it to calm that sucker down. It was hilarious !!!

I don't have a favorite hairdresser, never have. I go in with this in mind :

It's only hair, it will grow out eventually. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:36 am

Shelia wrote:
So Mable, your father was a barber ??? HOW COOL.

My mens over here love their new barber.

They went to one in Crowley for 3 years. That man was SO nice. He'd only shave certain people and my brood got one sometimes for free. Like a spa for men.

In Clinton they went to a salon. They HATED it. Found a barber right before we left. Just damn.

We move here and they found one pretty quick. And he's a character. Both love going there. The man goes that extra bit for them. Now that's service.

You don't realize how much men care about their hair or beard until they lose their favorite barber. I guess they get separation anxiety like women do when their favorite hairdresser leaves.

I have never experienced that.

Yeah Shelia Dadddy cut hair for nearly 70 years I think or maybe more. He started cutting hair on the farm growing up. Then when he ran out of people to cut he said he practiced on the mules tails...When he was drafted in the army he was a barber . He ran a barber shop in Japan. Then that is what he has done ever since he came home from Japan
My two brothers are barbers too...I had the opportunity to go to beauty school but I turned it down. But I cut my boys and Russells' hair for years until I just got tired of doing it ...I even cut my own for years too then found someone who cuts it the way I like it cut and she's been doing it for about 30 years now.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:46 am

my mom used to give me home perms when I was young. Now I have "issues"
nuff said! bwahahaaa!

She also cut my bangs sooo short. More issues.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:02 am

My Mama used to put Toni perms in my hair...what a mess...it was always kinky but she wouldn't ever let me have bangs. One Sunday she'd put that stinky perm in my hair and Daddy decided he didn't like it so he decided to cut it...what a mess my hair was. Soooooooo he made an appointment for me at a beauty shop to get it straightened out. They used that old elec. machine called a hot wave machine and rolled my hair then hooked me up and fried my hair.It's a wonder I have any hair at all . But when I got old enough to say how I was going to wear my hair I cut myself some bangs and fixed it the way I wanted it fixed. I also started cutting it when I wanted too ...but the popular style for girls was long ..shoulder length.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:00 pm

BWAHAHAHA !!!!

Hair stories are hilarious !!!

I keep telling Jonathan to go to school, learn to cut hair.

He could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Find a nice girl, make money.

TA DA!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dad likes his bath!   My dad likes his bath! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My dad likes his bath!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: