Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

got my vacation planned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

got my vacation planned Empty
PostSubject: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:06 am

Wheeew it was ugly! Too much drama to detail here but short story is that I threatened to transfer from my department because of the nitpicking and infighting. I wanted to drive to Phoenix, stopping in Gulfport for a couple of days. I requested 2 weeks but only got one so we're flying instead. We leave 3/23 and return 3/28.

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:13 am

And are you stopping in Gulfport too? I had told Janice that you were going to be in town sometime soon and maybe the two of you can meet somewhere one day.
We'll miss you on here. Don't know when we'll get to go to the beach this summer...hopefully sometime in Sept. Daddy only has 11 days left in respite care and we're saving them so we can go to the beach.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 am

I won't be going to Gulfport until the summer, no time. The vacations are frozen until June or July. I get 4 weeks a year and it's a bone of contention among some of my co-workers. I won't rock the boat until then.

Thank you for the card! I opened it gently and had to show Jeff the proper way! Like Emily... lol!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:41 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:16 pm

I have a mini vacay planned, hopefully it will work out, but if it does, the weekend of 3/27 I am going down to AUSTIN! A buddy is turning 40 and we are doing 6th street. I MAY HAVE SOME FREE TIME TO DROP IN ON EMILY ON THE WAY HOME!!!! If'n y'all will be around.

Em, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:40 am

You all have a fantastic time !!!

What's a vacation ??? confused
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:50 am

Debu wrote:
I have a mini vacay planned, hopefully it will work out, but if it does, the weekend of 3/27 I am going down to AUSTIN! A buddy is turning 40 and we are doing 6th street. I MAY HAVE SOME FREE TIME TO DROP IN ON EMILY ON THE WAY HOME!!!! If'n y'all will be around.

Em, let me know.

I do believe we will be here. You gotta be careful on 6th Street though - there are lots of reports of people getting stabbed and shot on 6th Street over the last few months. It's damn scary.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Oh stop. We will be fine. It is almost confirmed. We will be down on Friday, 3/27, and headed back Sat 3/28. Do not make plans for Sat afternoon. I will let you know more deets as I get them.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:02 am

Debu wrote:
Oh stop. We will be fine. It is almost confirmed. We will be down on Friday, 3/27, and headed back Sat 3/28. Do not make plans for Sat afternoon. I will let you know more deets as I get them.

There's only one issue - Dan's sister and brother-in-law live in Phoenix during the winter and go back to Indiana during the summer and they always come through Texas on their drive back and it's usually the last weekend in March. Dan and his sister have tentative plans for us to meet up in San Antonio sometime during that period but he's not sure which day it is yet. I should know more soon.

Chris and his girlfriend and a couple of other friends are coming next weekend. Yea.

And really, things are a little scary on 6th Street these days.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:22 am

OMG. Wouldn't that be terrible if that was when you were gone? Shoot. I will be careful. Tim won't let me be otherwise. Smile
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:28 am

Debu wrote:
OMG. Wouldn't that be terrible if that was when you were gone? Shoot. I will be careful. Tim won't let me be otherwise. Smile

Yes it would be horrible! And my first inclination was to just let him go by himself but then he said that his other sister and brother-in-law are going to Padre Island that week and may come up as well if the timing all works out. Honestly, I'd rather just stay home. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got my vacation planned   got my vacation planned I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got my vacation planned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: