Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

snow storm

Go down 
+3
Debu
Emily
Rosie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:41 am

we got a ton of unexpected snow last night

a weather warning is out til 4 pm today.

more snow coming!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:42 am

Happy New Year! Do you stay home on New Year's?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:08 am

I would. I would be out there at midnight making snow angels!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:20 am

O.M.G.

I would die. I love Shelia but the last thing I'd do is lie down in the snow, angels belong in the sky!

The pic I was trying to post was of my little cuz in Seattle....making a snow angel!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 am

STOP !!!!

I would LOVE to be playing in snow right now.

I know it's selfish. I'm sorry.

One day ...

Hey, be careful if you get out today. The moonbats are getting high and drunk tonight and I fear they will act the ass on public streets and highways.
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:35 am

It has started blowing snow here today but not enough to even think about a snow ball let alone anything else. Just flurries. But I remember one year that it was supposed to only flurry and it flurried 18 inches. Kids got a longer Christmas break that year and everybody was happy. I have a neighbor that gripes and complains about snow...she's from Fla. I have told her to go back to Fla if she doesn't like the changing of seasons.
We're definitely staying in ...but we always do anyway. We usually go to bed at the regular time and see the new year in in our dreams. Nothing different this year.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:47 am

We're in tonight.

Jonathan is making his special hot wings. I'm making cheeseburgers and french fries.

We have some fireworks left from Christmas so we may pop those.

Other than that I plan to drink my last wine for a while.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:31 am

I just looked at our weather site

54 degrees with a wind chill mind you of 51.

It's a BEAUTIFUL day. Garbage cans overflowing in the streets from Christmas, got some Hispanic music playing next door where a new home is being built, watching the neighbor across the street take down his Christmas decorations, waiting for my peeps to come home later.

I have so enjoyed Glenn being home. Lots of projects got done and he's been quite silly lately.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:35 am

We're staying in, too. It's nice and sunny here today but a little nippy. (I said nippy). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:36 am

I was going to say nippy too but since it's just us girls we all know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:52 am

I forgot to tell ya'll about the power steering pump Glenn fixed.

Well he broke the hose that connects it and can't get the pump back on.

He finally gave up and had the car towed to a repair shop. It only took him 2 days to realize he couldn't fix it. Mad
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:15 am

Oooops!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:26 am

I am staying home my brother and niece are coming over for pizza and wings.

it is too cold and too nasty to go out. I was shocked they wanted to come over.

But they arent staying late I will be in bed ALONE at midnight LOL

ok maybe with my book.

Joey isnt going out either. I am glad of that to be honest, just too many crazies out there on this night.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:59 am

Chris is working at the TV station tonight - he did the 6:00 pm sportscast and he's doing the 11:00 pm sportscast.

I haven't gotten to see it yet. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 am

Went to Tim's, we grilled steaks. A friend came over and helped eat them. Went to sleep to gunfire after midnight, No biggie, you just stay away from the winders. Another friend showed up at 1:30 and the three boys stayed up to late and drank too much. Tim is sleeping on the recliner, and I am about to whip up a ham, colcannon, and blackeyed peas. yum.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:22 am

Well I for one am sure glad these holidays are just about over. We have had enough Sundays around her.
We had our usual subway for lunch but I had cooked some mixed greens and dwe ate those at lunch ...not collards tho... had a ham sub so that counted for the pork for us. Then this evening I had cooked some field peas with snaps yesterday and we had some more of those along with some potato salad I made ww style.
Now I'm ready to get back on a time schedule around here.
We'll pick my Dad up on Tuesday and he'll go back to Day Care on Wed. He;s staying longer so he can get his showers this week. Russell helps him with that and he can't do it this week.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:32 am

Oh damn. I started sipping wine while talking to Ms. Wicked.

That led to a couple of glasses later. Ate some hot wings Jonathan made and for some reason I had to just rest for a minute. Musta had a little too much sipping. I swear it seemed like I laid down for just 30 mins.

I missed the LSU game, the fireworks, bringing in the New year.

OH LAWD I fell asleep at 7:30 and woke up at 1:24. Shocked

Stayed up until around 3:30, fell back to sleep, woke up at 9 feeling refreshed !!!

Cooked red beans and sausage, sauteed chicken, black eyed peas, rice and a side salad.

I just baked some blueberry muffins.

Moderation started today. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:53 pm

shoot. I fixed grits and biscuits for breakfast. nothing else.

for people to be so broke there is a lot of fireworks going off around here. are they cheap this year? I swear, Molly is terrified to go outside and it's getting OLD.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:09 am

Gunfire. That is what I went to sleep to. NOT firecrackers. Gunfire. I am so used to it, it didn't bother me. I will be glad to get back to some type of schedule too. this holiday crap has done burnt me out!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:02 am

Debu wrote:
Gunfire. That is what I went to sleep to. NOT firecrackers. Gunfire. I am so used to it, it didn't bother me. I will be glad to get back to some type of schedule too. this holiday crap has done burnt me out!

speaking of gunfire....have you shot yours yet?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:21 am

Nope, not yet, but soon................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow storm   snow storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

snow storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: