Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not a resolution

Go down 
+2
Debu
Shelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:44 am

But a new way of life.

Jonathan and I joined a gym right down the road from our house. We have a bet going, who can lose the most weight safely in 3 months. I have exercise equipment here but they have neat stuff plus tv. It's anytime gym and we'll always go together.

I was serious when I said I need to get it in gear. Anyway I've been trying to eat everything I like before we start. Smile

I bought a new scale, made some notes on how I want to go about this and goals I need to reach. I started walking after supper. 45 mins. up and down our street.

I would appreciate you all giving me some encouragement because I have to win this.

I can't let him beat me. I just CAN'T !!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:18 am

That is way WICKED COOL girly! I will encourage you if you encourage me. After the new year I am back on the wagon. The going to the gym after work wagon. Not the no beer for me wagon. I ain't that silly!

hehe
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:34 am

BWAHAHAHA !!

I'm off the wine. Okay starting Jan. 1. I ain't letting a bottle and a half go to waste !!!

Oh yeah. We will share have moral support.

I'm actually looking forward to feeling better. I gots high hopes !!!

Together !!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:29 am

I gotta tell ya'll this.

The gym ??? NO ONE GOES !!! I swear it's brand new, just opened about a month ago and it's always empty.

We're going to go at night after everyone settles down for the evening. It'll make me want to go more without a whole bunch of people being there.

And security ???

The Sheriff has a deputy sitting in the parking lot. That's what I'm talking about !!!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 am

That is cool. I go to the City of Farmers Branch rec center and it is pretty cool. I do the treadmill and read the closed captioning on the news. It is more fun than listening to it, cuz they fuck up everything when they are typing.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 am

Crap! Guess this means I need to get my butt in the groove. I have to eat these homemade pralines and the candy M&M's I bought for half off. I have until Thursday. right?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 am

Yup. For me, the New Year don't start till Monday, 1/5. I got too many partays to go to and too many sweets to eat!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 am

Well, good luck to all. I have finally lost way too much weight and really need to stop losing weight and working out so much. I'm actually underweight now.

lol!

Seriously - I have the goal of losing 60 pounds but the food battle is such a quandary for me. I have to keep that even keel of not getting obsessed while being careful. I have thought about joining Weight Watchers online but I don't do well when being told what to eat and when.

I just make it so much harder than it has to be. I did buy some boxed organic cream of tomato soup today (Pacific brand) and had that for lunch and it was DELICIOUS and really filling. It only had 200 calories and I was really full all afternoon from it.

Not a resolution 51YNZe41VIL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_

Last edited by Emily on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 am

[quote="Shelia"]But a new way of life.

I would appreciate you all giving me some encouragement because I have to win this.

I can't let him beat me. I just CAN'T !!!!!

You can't let him beat you so we're all behind you.
Last March I joined Weight Watchers online for free and decided I liked it so I pay them 15.00 or 16 a month online and we're both doing pretty good on it.
So we'll all be doing the diet thing on here together. There is also a free site called Hungrygirl.com that has a lot of good substitutes for the foods we love but without all the fat.Good luck with your work outs...I used to walk ever day but since the "ritis" boys have come to live with me I have a hard time walking anymore flower
Back to top Go down
Mable Shortt

Mable Shortt

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:48 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Em...good work.
While I was writing about joining Weight Watchers online you were talking about it too. I like online better than going to a meeting . I use the points system ..they have both kinds and it's a lot easier than going to a meeting. I just don't feel like I need a room full of people telling me how and what to eat or do to lose weight. For so long I don't talk about it to anybody and going to a meeting just irritates me.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Emily I swear !!!

BWAHAHAHA !!!!

This is how I'm going to do it.

I hate the word diet. I believe you can moderate whatever you choose to eat. If you have the will and the want. I want.

I went back to some old nurse books I had and decided to go simple. No special foods or programs. No slimfast or any other liquid drinks. Nothing we didn't already eat.

Measuring food. A fist is about the size of your stomach. That's about how much food you need to eat at each meal. For me that will meal will begin with a full glass of water. I need to keep my kidneys flushed. 8 glasses a day. I will limit my salt intake as drastically as possible. I'll still season food but will not put on any extra salt.

I will also use my hypnosis tapes. I do have a treadmill in the garage if I don't go to the gym as often as Jonathan does. While I walk at the gym I'll listen to the subliminal music tape. Believe it or not it works.

Jonathan will monitor his own food and there will be no fasting. He will begin lifting weights here and there.

I will try to get up early and go to bed early. I will try to stay as active as possible.

My 3 month goal is 30 pounds but I'll be happy with 20. The future weight loss I want is not so much poundage as much as just feeling better. For me 60 pounds would make me happy but if I do I do if I don't I don't.

All I know is right now I don't feel or look my best and that to me makes my mental health suffer. I sound like a moonbat.

When that straightens out I think I'll have a better outlook and will want to be more active.

I'm tired of watching the days go by and doing nothing. I gotta do something.

Hummer can you please pass the M&Ms ???

Shorty for you, the most important thing is your mobility. Keeping your joints oiled as Glenn puts it.

The best thing you can do is stretch. I mean stretch every moving part of your body from your neck down to your toes in every direction possible slowly. You'll feel the tension slowly ease plus make yourself more limber. A sort of soft yoga.

You don't need to walk or do any impact exercises. All you need is stretching.

I saw a Richard Simmon's commercial and started laughing. I was thinking about sweating to the oldies.

You can say what you want about him but he has it right. He was always about moderation and hydration. No one sees that. The man knows what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:14 pm

I believe in the moderation thing, too. It's when I start to limit myself to certain foods and cut out others that I find myself really, really wanting what I think I can't have.

I've gained 10 pounds over the last couple of months and it really makes me feel yucky. With having less work to do, I find myself spending far too much time sitting around doing nothing, which makes me sleepy during the day.

So yeah, it's my mental health that suffers the most. It is truly amazing how much better I feel right away just by getting on that elliptical machine for 30 minutes or so. I can deal with being a little chunky - but I'm just too fat right now and I don't like it.

I won't do the Slim-Fast, either. It's just not a permanent solution.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 pm

I hear ya. I could stand to lose 20, well, 40, probably 50 lbs now myself. I do best when I use a salad plate as a dinner plate and eat the same stuff. When I have to substitute crap it gets to be too much. Fact is, I love food, I love watching tv shows about food, reading about food, and cooking food. Seriously.

On the wagon with y'all. AFTER I eat my Original Scrambler from Krystal.

I am way out of shape, and don't like my belly. Or my butt, or my legs. I am not looking at it from a standpoint of being sexy or anything, just healthy, and well able to walk a block without huffin and puffin. That is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 pm

My health ins gives me a membership to the Y. I was going and swimming and doing the treadmill--really starting to feel good.
THEN......the FOOT.

No treadmill for a while and I havent been swimming since.

I plan to get back in the swing too
I am eating all my favorite stuff then Jan 1 DIET TIME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not a resolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a resolution   Not a resolution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not a resolution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: