Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A political note for Emily

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

A political note for Emily Empty
PostSubject: A political note for Emily   A political note for Emily I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:04 am

My email newsletter from Jim DeMint.... he's been reading your posts!

Dear Friend,

It's a new year and we have a new president and new Congress. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean our government has a new plan for solving our nation’s continued economic crisis. President Obama and Democrats in Congress are proposing more of the same failed policies Americans are so tired of: out-of-control deficit spending and hundreds of billions more for bailouts. Wasteful spending will not turn around our economy, but it could make things worse by leading to higher taxes and huge debts for our children and grandchildren.

In my op-ed printed by The State today, I propose a plan for economic growth founded upon the free-market principles that have made this nation such a great place to work, live and dream. I’ve included a few excerpts from the op-ed below:

...Conservatives need to snap out of their November blues: We lost an election, after all, not our minds. It’s not too much to ask that the largest economic stimulus bill in history actually stimulate the economy.

Certainty about the future is essential for economic growth, and the current recession will be prolonged if we continue to allow the government to arbitrarily and unpredictably intervene in the private marketplace. Republicans should insist on predictable, long-term tax relief...

First, we must protect the fragile economy from the massive tax hikes coiled to spring on us in 2011, when the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire... Once the 2011 tax bomb is disarmed, we should take the next logical step and lower marginal tax rates across the board on individuals, small businesses and corporations. Our plan will call for a 10-percentage-point cut in the top rate (from 35 percent to 25 percent) and comparable reductions for the lower brackets — reductions to be maintained also through 2013 at least. These tax cuts would soften the recession and expedite the recovery to the tune of 500,000 new jobs in 2009 and 1 million new jobs in 2010 and surpass by 2012 the president’s stated goal of 3.5 million new jobs.

..If Obama is serious about wanting a truly bipartisan bill that creates jobs and ignites economic growth, he can prove it this month by including in his package the proven stimulus of long-term, across-the-board tax relief. And if Republicans are serious about winning back the trust of the American people and leading our nation through these difficult times, we can prove it by demanding he do just that.

Click here to read the entire op-ed.
I firmly believe that America will recover from this crisis, just as in times past, as long as we remain steadfast in our commitment to economic freedom and allow Americans to keep the fruits of their hard labor. That’s the American opportunity I want to leave to my children and grandchildren, and that’s what I am fighting for in the 111th Congress.

God Bless,
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

A political note for Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: A political note for Emily   A political note for Emily I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:15 am

I like him!
Back to top Go down

A political note for Emily
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: