Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dan's Newest Obsession

Go down 
+2
hummer
Emily
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Dan's Newest Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:27 am

Dan is obsessed with money now. Not how much, not where it is or what it buys. He's actually obsessed with the little pieces of paper money is printed on.

He got a bill back as change with a stamp on it that says: www.wheresgeorge.com

It's a bill tracking website and you sign up for a user name and you enter the serial numbers of your 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 dollar bills and if the person that gets that bill next enters it, you get a hit and an e-mail telling you where the bill is. Some bills have long, long histories of where they have been.

It's really kind of neat but every night he asks me if I have any new money. I swear, he's like a kid. He even bought a stamp so he can stamp the bills before they go back out.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:31 am

Emily wrote:
Dan is obsessed with money now. Not how much, not where it is or what it buys. He's actually obsessed with the little pieces of paper money is printed on.

He got a bill back as change with a stamp on it that says: www.wheresgeorge.com

It's a bill tracking website and you sign up for a user name and you enter the serial numbers of your 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 dollar bills and if the person that gets that bill next enters it, you get a hit and an e-mail telling you where the bill is. Some bills have long, long histories of where they have been.

It's really kind of neat but every night he asks me if I have any new money. I swear, he's like a kid. He even bought a stamp so he can stamp the bills before they go back out.

That sounds really cool! Gotta check mine now.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Glenn's got an obsession but not as good as your husband's.

I need help with this one.

He wants a laser lighted clock that shows the time on the ceiling.

He claims he saw it on a show one time years ago.

I've never heard of it, I ain't looking for it.

If any of you know about it please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 am

I've seen that advertised on tv but not lately...If I see it anywhere I'll send you a link.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 am

Tim's newest obsession is hydroponic planters.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:12 am

Quote :
hydroponic planters

And what does he plant on those planters?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 am

Mary Jane ???

lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:49 am

No. I wish. My man, he be a straight laced man. When he builds his shop, he won't have much of a back yard. So, he was looking at these hydroponic planters, that you can plant up instead of out.

Similar to these. http://www.cleanairgardening.com/hydroponic.html

My bad. I am the one that showed em to him in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 am

I would love to have one of those for my patio.

I love those cherry tomatoes that grow on a vine. Homegrown taste the best.

I think I would eat myself sick everyday. Well I did. Glenn always had a small patch for me in his garden. They never lasted the whole summer though. I think the dirt was bad. Towards the end of their growing cycle they tasted like dish soap. Yuck.

And if only I would grow lettuce. Gawd can I eat some lettuce.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:11 am

Shelia wrote:
I would love to have one of those for my patio.

I love those cherry tomatoes that grow on a vine. Homegrown taste the best.

I think I would eat myself sick everyday. Well I did. Glenn always had a small patch for me in his garden. They never lasted the whole summer though. I think the dirt was bad. Towards the end of their growing cycle they tasted like dish soap. Yuck.

And if only I would grow lettuce. Gawd can I eat some lettuce.

Need to look into some of that myself, I love 'maters. Damn squirrels eat everything I put in the ground, maybe I'll get a taste for them!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:17 am

I am glad I dumped Joe. bwahaha..

he is obsessed with that show Antiques Roadshow

I saw that clock in Walmart and Target. I am thinking it was a Timex
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:20 am

I love those cherry tomatoes that grow on a vine. Homegrown taste the best. ...

dem's da best! Oh boy I could eat those all day long too!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:38 am

Ain't nothing finer than a fresh mater sandwich. Me? I like mine with mayo, sharp cheddar and black pepper...on white bread.

Yum-o!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:41 am

Rosie wrote:
I love those cherry tomatoes that grow on a vine. Homegrown taste the best. ...

dem's da best! Oh boy I could eat those all day long too!
Well to show how much getting old sucks...I am allergic to tomatoes...I used to eat my weight in them but would have terrible headaches all the time ...same with eating watermelon...so I got to doing some research after eating cantaloupe and found out that they're all in the same family and if you have a nut allergy then you're prone to reactions ...
We grow our own tomatoes too..I have to break bad every once in a while and just eat all I want then tell every body to just leave me alone until I get the headache under control.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 am

Debu wrote:
Ain't nothing finer than a fresh mater sandwich. Me? I like mine with mayo, sharp cheddar and black pepper...on white bread.

Yum-o!
You said that right...When I was younger and couldn't get fresh tomatoes I'd open a can of whole tomatoes and get me some white bread and mayo and make me a tomato sandwich with the canned tomatoes.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:54 am

I found the clock.

It's an atomic projection clock.

$19 and change.

I ordered it this morning. Tanks !!!!

Dan's Newest Obsession 59146
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Newest Obsession   Dan's Newest Obsession I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan's Newest Obsession
Page 1 of 1